SilverNRed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so.

Don't speak for me my friend... ;)

514864[/snapback]

It's sort of strange, that someone resurects "High Flight" every year or two or so...I love that poem.

I think he's proven he can be fugged with.

Much more so than many seasoned Veterans.

So, is this your alias?

I have a brother-in-law who is from some apostolic church which actually forbids the use of a christmas tree to celebrate Christ's birth because of the pagan connection.  I guess they must be christians who hate Christmas?

514163[/snapback]

Nothing better than "Christians Against Christ" - pretty much the equivalent of having Aerosmith do "Don't drink and drive commercials."

• 2 weeks later...

My earlier post here was in the vein of the broader issue at hand. Here's another example of the so-called "War on Christmas" that doesn't exist. Calling a Christmas tree a holiday tree is weird, I admit, but it's simply a changing lexicon --- and if enough people use it, that becomes the standard. Similar to how the adjectival "everyday" is now used by many people in the place of "every day." In our house, my dad always called it a "Hanakah bush." :D (No, we're not Jewish).

The White House Christmas card is now getting flack for its lack of religiousity. Link.

"Their cards in recent years have included best wishes for a holiday season, rather than Christmas wishes, because they are sent to people of all faiths," said Susan Whitson, Laura Bush's press secretary.

Imagine that! Sending one card to cover everything rather than sending six cards over the course of a few weeks. Saving money from the federal budget (it's a frivolty and a drop in the ocean, but there still are people who believe in principles)! Those frugal bastards! LAURA BUSH BAD!

I noticed today, in the government building I work in, holiday stuff up on the walls.

It's OK to promote Kwanza, and call it Kwanza. It's OK to promote Hannukah, and call it such.

I saw several "Happy Holidays" things.

Not once, did I see a "Merry Christmas"

You may think me a nut, but I guarantee that there are people of other cultures who may not be very friendly to us, who observe these divides in what passes for American culture. It might be a civil liberties and PC thing to some, but to others it's another example of weakness.