Tell me this is an April Fool Joke, Early...

blzrul

How can this fool want to have a job and get on with his life! Doesn't he know that failed public figures are supposed to write their memoirs, retire, and fade away! :lol:

512485[/snapback]

If he just chills out, he can make a new career out of FOX, CNN and MSNBC.

Didn't the dwarf labor guy under Clinton do that?

Is this more of the blatant arrogance that has characterized the Bushistas?  Or an attempt to cash in on notoriety?  Perhaps a really, really bad joke? 

Ex-Fema Loser to Start Emergency Preparedness Consulting Company

512453[/snapback]

Or perhaps that he has more experience in emergency management in the past two years than almost anyone else in the country? :lol:

If he just chills out, he can make a new career out of FOX, CNN and MSNBC.

Didn't the dwarf labor guy under Clinton do that?

512491[/snapback]

Whether one liked Reich's policies or not (and I doubt that most people, myself included, know much about his philosophy other than the fact of his being in the Clinton administration), he had a BA from Dartmouth, was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford, had a JD from Yale, and was on the faculty of Harvard and Brandeis. He's also written a dozen books and helped found some political magazines. Not exactly the same track as Michael Brown.

But hey, call the guy a midget and score some easy partisan-points. Way to show credibility.

Whether one liked Reich's policies or not (and I doubt that most people, myself included, know much about his philosophy other than the fact of his being in the Clinton administration),  he had a BA from Dartmouth, was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford, had a JD from Yale,  and was on the faculty of Harvard and Brandeis.  He's also written a dozen books and helped found some political magazines.  Not exactly the same track as Michael Brown.

But hey,  call the guy a midget and score some easy partisan-points.  Way to show credibility.

512579[/snapback]

Suck my shorts.

All that goes by the wayside, when you sell your soul. Once you sign on with either party, you've made your bed.

I'm just so partisan.

Or perhaps that he has more experience in emergency management in the past two years than almost anyone else in the country?  :lol:

512559[/snapback]

Yes, I can see the discussions now...

Frantic New Orleans FEMA caller: Mr. Brown, NO is sinking! What do you recommend?

Brown: Could you hold one second, I'm on the other line trying to get a table at Spagos.

FNOFC: WTF?!

Brown: Hello again, what was that you said?

FNOFC: I said NO is F#@!ing sinking!

Brown: Oh. Well, the first thing you need to do is hold a press conference.

FNOFC: Press conference?!?!? I need the F@!ing national guard and supplies!!!!

Brown: No, no, no. First a press conference. What color is your hair?

FNOFC: WTF?!?!?

Brown: Well you know it's important to look good on TV. If you have brown or reddish hair, then go with a little green in your suit; otherwise, standard dark blue.

FNOFC: Jesus Christ! Can't you send me anything?!?

Brown: yes, my fee of $1.5 million; what's your mailing address?

FNOFC: click......

But hey,  call the guy a midget and score some easy partisan-points.  Way to show credibility.

512579[/snapback]

Reich even made fun of himself and so did Bubba. There was a scale model of the White House and Reich and and Clinton were looking at it and Bubba says to him" Maybe you could fit in there."

He's also been on some sit-com if I remember correctly.

How can this fool want to have a job and get on with his life! Doesn't he know that failed public figures are supposed to write their memoirs, retire, and fade away! :lol:

512485[/snapback]

No problem with his desire to become a tax-paying citizen instead of being on the dole, but typically one works at a job one can actually DO.

His starting this type of business is like a blind person's announcing his intention of becoming a commercial airline pilot. Yah, planes can arguably "almost fly themselves" with the right circumstances, conditions, instrumentation and supporting staff. but you still have to be able to actually SEE to pilot one. If nothing else but to be able to tell the cockpit from the rest room.

Duh.

Reich even made fun of himself and so did Bubba. There was a scale model of the White House and Reich and and Clinton were looking at it and Bubba says to him" Maybe you could fit in there."

He's also been on some sit-com if I remember correctly.

512639[/snapback]

A big man makes fun of his own shortcomings (no pun intended). A small man laughs at him instead of with him.

Lets face it - it's a pretty bleak world in which voluntarily making jokes at ones own expense instead of the expense of others is rewarded by giving every jack-ass out there license to hurl it back at you mean-spiritedly. But then, I suppose the anonymity of these forums appeal to those who think kindergarten name-calling (midget-, dwarf-, fat-, whatever) is clever repartee.