Tell me this is an April Fool Joke, Early...

blzrul

I don't see you complaining when they call Bush stupid, chimp, etc.  Befotre you say he did, he had better grades than Kerry.

512700[/snapback]

Calling somebody stupid is fine with me - that's an opinion.

Calling somebody a chimp is infantile.

As for your assumption that it might make a difference to me what party we are talking about, I think it says more about your outlook than mine. My post attempted to steer clear of any political judgement about Reich entirely. I have no axe to grind in this thread other than that the humor be a bit more than pointless partisan cheap-shots. With all there is out there to laugh at, it is truely sad when someones humor is limited to reflexively calling out the political opposition (whether dem or rep) as a gimp, or a dwarf, or a stutterer, or birth-mark face, or poo-poo head...

Calling somebody stupid is fine with me - that's an opinion.

Calling somebody a chimp is infantile.

As for your assumption that it might make a difference to me what party we are talking about,  I think it says more about your outlook than mine.  My post attempted to steer clear of any political judgement about Reich entirely.  I have no axe to grind in this thread other than that the humor be a bit more than pointless partisan cheap-shots.  With all there is out there to laugh at,  it is truely sad when someones humor is limited to reflexively calling out the political opposition (whether dem or rep) as a gimp,  or a dwarf,  or a stutterer,  or birth-mark face,  or poo-poo head...

512726[/snapback]

hee-hee, you wrote poo-poo head.

Whether one liked Reich's policies or not (and I doubt that most people, myself included, know much about his philosophy other than the fact of his being in the Clinton administration),  he had a BA from Dartmouth, was a Rhodes scholar at Oxford, had a JD from Yale,  and was on the faculty of Harvard and Brandeis.  He's also written a dozen books and helped found some political magazines.  Not exactly the same track as Michael Brown.

But hey,  call the guy a midget and score some easy partisan-points.  Way to show credibility.

512579[/snapback]

I've read some of Reich's books/works. Basically, he's three steps "short" of being a commie.

And how did you know it was Reich being called a dwarf. It could have been Begala.