Hot T.O. Rumor

Thailog80

WRONG

511344[/snapback]

A little late there. Mikey...but, thanks for playing! I'm sure T-80 is dragging his tail between his legs as he fell hook, line and sinker for the "speculative" article...and passed it on as fact.

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving all transgressions are absolved.

A little late there. Mikey...but, thanks for playing!  I'm sure T-80 is dragging his tail between his legs as he fell hook, line and sinker for the "speculative" article...and passed it on as fact.

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving all transgressions are absolved.

511350[/snapback]

Just posting the facts skippy.

So he's suspended, and to be de-activated.  Does he still get his gameday paycheck?  If he still gets the check $$$, the disciplinary stuff is pretty hollow

511439[/snapback]

He doesnt get paid for the 4 game he's suspended, but will get paid for the remaining games he's deactivated after the suspension is over.

He doesnt get paid for the 4 game he's suspended, but will get paid for the remaining games he's deactivated after the suspension is over.

511441[/snapback]

So release him after the 4 games, and you don't have to pay him anything ever again. I doubt any other team would be in the salary cap position at this time of the year to pick him up at the contract he wants. Of course that means the Eagles lose their chance to trade him for something. Might be worth it just to stick it to TO

So release him after the 4 games, and you don't have to pay him anything ever again.  I doubt any other team would be in the salary cap position at this time of the year to pick him up at the contract he wants.  Of course that means the Eagles lose their chance to trade him for something.  Might be worth it just to stick it to TO

511447[/snapback]

I think TO wants to be released because he knows that someone will pick him up off waivers, the salary cap implications of picking him up short term is not a lot. TO wants to play and now he can't

kharma is a bad thing to mess with Terrell... you hamstrung your 49ers team into trading you, then further messed them up after you didn't want to go to baltimore. How fitting that in 50 years from now, we will fondly remember the great triplet connection of David Carr, Domanick Davis, and Terrell Owens. Dance on that star, @$$hole!

kharma is a bad thing to mess with Terrell...  you hamstrung your 49ers team into trading you, then further messed them up after you didn't want to go to baltimore.  How fitting that in 50 years from now, we will fondly remember the great triplet connection of David Carr, Domanick Davis, and Terrell Owens.  Dance on that star, @$$hole!

511491[/snapback]

The 49ers situation was complicated. Initially, TO was supposed to have become a free agent after having completed his last year with the 49ers. But it turned out TO's agent didn't fill out the appropriate paperwork on time, so the 49ers got an extra year's worth of rights to a player they expected to see walk. The 49ers promptly traded these rights to Baltimore. However, it turned out that a clause in TO's contract gave TO's agent extra time to file for free agency. On the theory that TO was a free agent after all, he signed with Philadelphia. Clearly TO could not play for both Philadelphia and Baltimore, so the matter went to arbitration. Philadelphia had the stronger case, because TO really did have the right to be a free agent. So they reached a compromise deal, where Philly got TO, but had to give San Fran a 2nd round pick, and Baltimore a 5th round pick.