Roger and You

crying over the terrible society we would all live in if the entry level positions at the least discriminating employers don't pay a multiple of what they otherwise would is a bit like crying about how the dragons under the bed will eat you if you don't get your new playstation game thiw christmass.  it's wrong and is borne of a sense of entitlement.

514210[/snapback]

I don't think that this was directed at me individually.

If you know me (which many still fail at)... What you say is far from what I believe.

If anything, like I stated 1,000 times before... The society we live in today is the best anyone has ever lived in.

Again, what you state above is so far from what I believe personally.

Oh, well.

RI... I will never put anybody on ignore. I expect that they would put me on ignore. ;) I respect Colin's convictions. Again, they might not be in the best interests of some... But, they are convictions none the less and he sticks to them. That being sad, I respect the "money man" for what they are, not who they become.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. both of course.  if you want to make a chicken and egg argument out of it demand drives production so you might say consumption drives the economy, but you can't have one without the other.

2.  Canada consumes more resources per capita than the US.  The UEA prolly tops all, but if your point is that the US consumes more than other nations, sure.

3.  It is good for the world.  The world is better off for the US being a productive economy.  if you are getting at resource scarcity and environmental impact, sure that is an issue, but it is superior to the alternative of (more) poverty.

4.  Wages don't decrease in a vacuum, and not all wages decrease, and wages decreasing isn't exactly a bad thing.  if innovation, outsourcing of unskilled labour and competition lower prices of goods more than wages, then one's lower wages are worth more.

did i pass?

514618[/snapback]

Yes, you did pass. If that is what is important?

Because it's not cool. No one will take you seriously if you don't drive a new car. This is America.

What's really funny, is I know some young guys really in debt with student loans, driving a cheaper leased Benz or BMW, because "chicks won't talk to them" if they don't have "the car". 20 something years old, competed like hell to get a junior job with a big player, and eating cat food, or running up incredible credit card debt to make an impression.

Whatever, should be another thread, or forgotten. Probably not on the PPP side, but looking at the football posts, I'm sure plenty of our upwardly mobile young men will defend this practice too.

511717[/snapback]

I used to get laid on a smile and a wink. Then I moved to California..............:D