Here's my suggestions for a new...

1billsfan

Ron Wolf/GM - Green Bay always seemed to have stellar offensive lines. Don't know if he'd unretire.

Dick LeBeau/HC - Would bring a nasty no-nonsense attitude back to the team.

Dom Capers/DC. - Top notch defensive coach.

Mike Heimerdinger/OC. - Expecting a mass exodus in Jetland with this one. Was great a OC in Tennessee. Has a year under his belt in AFC East. Yes, the Jets had an awful year on offense but we all know they lost half their starters with injuries and all of them were their best players.

Bobby April's a keeper.

Ron Wolf/GM - Green Bay always seemed to have stellar offensive lines. Don't know if he'd unretire.

Mike Heimerdinger/OC. - Expecting a mass exodus in Jetland with this one. Was great a OC in Tennessee. Has a year under his belt in AFC East. Yes, the Jets had an awful year on offense but we all know they lost half their starters with injuries and all of them were their best players.

Bobby April's a keeper.

509238[/snapback]

I like LeBeau but I think the natives would riot if TD down the ex-Steeler road again.

I love how the masses are willing to run yet another coach out of town...

Come on, first Phillips sucked (with a winning record), now you're saying that MM sucks (with a .500 record) after only 1.5 seasons! Sheesh, I'm glad I don't work for any of you guys...

CW

I like LeBeau but I think the natives would riot if TD down the ex-Steeler road again.

509254[/snapback]

TD wouldn't be the GM. So it doesn't count! :D

Plus he has a positive track record here. I want a guy the players will fear. I'm sick of the "buddy" system MM seems to deploy. The "buddy" approach gets you lambasted when players take games off like many did yesterday.

Bobby April's a keeper.

509238[/snapback]

How about we bring back Marv? He still seems to have a strong interest for our team.

Come on, first Phillips sucked (with a winning record), now you're saying that MM sucks (with a .500 record) after only 1.5 seasons!  Sheesh, I'm glad I don't work for any of you guys...

509260[/snapback]

You'd be safe. Never get rid of the IT guys, they've got too much dirt on everybody else. :D

Come on, first Phillips sucked (with a winning record), now you're saying that MM sucks (with a .500 record) after only 1.5 seasons!  Sheesh, I'm glad I don't work for any of you guys...

CW

509260[/snapback]

Phillips did suck. Since when does downright mediocrity count for keeping a coach around? Some Bills fans have high standards, so sue us.

The way I see the 2005 Buffalo Bills, Mike Malarkey's teams have an apathetic attitude towards games. I don't know why but I see many players playing without passion this season and I also see a team that's ill prepared on the road. How many teams have the Bills beaten that had a winning record during Mike's tenure? I'm thinking 1 or 2 at most. This team seems to have no respect for it's head coach. I'll give you this tough, out of all of them, MM would be the last guy I'd boot out the door.

Phillips did suck. Since when does downright mediocrity count for keeping a coach around? Some Bills fans have high standards, so sue us.

18-14 with a playoff birth in two seasons, yeah that sucks. :D

http://kffl.com/article.php/43125/115

And yet there's other threads saying that TD sucks because he doesn't know how to keep team chemistry because they didn't sign PW. Returning 10 of 11 defensive starters isn't chemistry, but replacing the coach every two years is???

CW

And yet there's other threads saying that TD sucks because he doesn't know how to keep team chemistry because they didn't sign PW. Returning 10 of 11 defensive starters isn't chemistry, but replacing the coach every two years is???

509302[/snapback]

If he'd hire a good coach to begin with he wouldnt have to worry about such things.

The Head Coaching position should be offered to one of two men, in my opinion, and that is either Brad Childress or Gary Kubiak. If Tom Donahoe wants to recycle guys who might have better success the second time around, maybe Dave McGinnis or Dick Jauron could fit the bill. Remember, Marv Levy was a retread after his time with Kansas City! You NEVER KNOW! If this option is taken (firing MM), then TD needs to hire someone quickly so the Bills will have a chance to garner good assistant coaches who are released in say Houston, New Orleans, Green Bay or Tennessee.

i'll be the first do state the sacrilage thing ...........................jimmy johnson...........................a proven winner.even thogh he didnt win a championship at miami he did leave them with a really good defense.matter of fact i'd take the whole jimmy package bring in dave wannestad as defensive coordinator and when norv turner gets fired make him the offensive coordinator and keep bobby april for special teams and make ron wolf the gm,and then dont gripe for two seasons about the growing pains jp willis and aaron shobel go through.i guarantee in the 3rd year we are not only a playoff team,but a serious contender for the superbowl...go bills in'06

CW

509260[/snapback]

You make a good point Fezmid...Since we have all come to a consensus that our talent level is really bad--I think that MM has done a remarkable job getting us to .500.