Just to talk about something other than the "game"

rolly

This offseason, these guys need to be cut:

1. Mike Williams- Overpaid and an official BUST

2. Eric Moulds - best years are behind him, overpaid, and can only get open on slants

3. Lawyer Milloy- best years behind him, gets beat in coverage, now mediocre

4. Troy Vincent- same as above

Feel free to add, im sure I missed some.

2. Eric Moulds - best years are behind him, overpaid, and can only get open on slants

3. Lawyer Milloy- best years behind him, gets beat in coverage, now mediocre

4. Troy Vincent- same as above

Feel free to add, im sure I missed some.

508103[/snapback]

I agree. I would also add Jeff Posey and Sam Adams to that list.

I don't think troy vincent is even mediocre anymore. It's hard watching him jog all over the field, plus I prefer my safeties to be physical. I think Milloy has some game left. He seems to try hard anyway, I'd get rid of Vincent and let milloy stay while we groom his replacement, cause while vincent's replacement is on the team in Rashad Baker, Milloy's replacement isn't.

Moulds I agree with, but then that still makes wr a need. Moulds still seems to be the only one who catches passes for us. We need another wr or a receiving threat at te. We lack both, Everett being unknown.

Mike Williams I agree. This line is bad. I'd like to see us go the route of a team like the broncos. Smaller, more athletic linemen instead of 330lb piles of steaming crap, who can't stand up without falling over themselves.

I'll also throw out Jeff Posey, We have his replacement in Angelo Crowell.

Chris Kelsay.... Throw out whatever you want I don't know the schemes or what they ask him do. He doesn't do anything excpet get blown off the ball on running plays, and take really wide angles and run out of the picture on passing plays.

Sam Adams- Like I said with the oline I'd like to get smaller and quicker more athletic linemen. Guys who can get upfield and after the quaterback. Slow logs don't cut it for me. I want guys who get towards the ball, guys we can get some pressure with without blitzing so much.

Well, the bills should cut moulds and williams (fat mike), and let teague go ( he's an fa). I also think they should franny-tag nate, trade him for a first ( and draft his replacement in a guy like tye hill, I also think the bills should draft that DT haloti Ngatu). Lastly sign DT Rocky Bernard and Lecharles Bentley or Steve Hutchinson! Man, I should be gm of this team!

Nate Clements had his pants pulled down to his ankles today.

PTR

508143[/snapback]

your corners are only as good as the players in front of them, kind of similar to a qb and rb on offense. It all starts in the trenches. More athletic linemen who can rush the passer, will enable clements to gamble more often, and come up with more plays, instead of staying off and giving up the stuff underneath that he didn't do last season. Most of the leagues suppoused "Great" corners would look foolish playing on this defense. Clements is still one of the premiere corners in the game, but if we don't get better up front we'll never get better.

I wouldn't necessarily give Clements the money he wants, but he's still worth his weight in gold, and he will get paid. I'd rather use that money to improve in the trenches, but to rip on one of the leagues better corners, considering the sad sacks who play in the front 7, to think we'd improve without nate clements? :D

Tag and trade. Draft for Lines.

508103[/snapback]

MW is clearly a disappointment but are you saying, as MM seems to be, that Peters is one of the best 5 OL's on the team and MW is not? Has Peters outplayed MW at RT? I don't see it.

MW is clearly a disappointment but are you saying, as MM seems to be, that Peters is one of the best 5 OL's on the team and MW is not?  Has Peters outplayed MW at RT?  I don't see it.

508257[/snapback]

Absolutely not. I think MW should be in there just because he makes too much to be on the bench, and I think he might be back there after Peters' performance today.

It's too bad that the devoted sports fans of Buffalo have to deal with TWO egotistical GM's who cannot admit they messed up on a draft pick by cutting him. I don't care what Donasuck has to say, his ego is bigger than his skills as a GM.

Well, the bills should cut moulds and williams (fat mike), and let teague go ( he's an fa). I also think they should franny-tag nate, trade him for a first ( and draft his replacement in a guy like tye hill, I also think the bills should draft that DT haloti Ngatu). Lastly sign DT Rocky Bernard and Lecharles Bentley or Steve Hutchinson! Man, I should be gm of this team!

508140[/snapback]

ummm... somebody has to want him for the money he's asking for PLUS a first. Why wouldn't they just get their very own more affordable first rounder? As with the discussions on Travis Henry's worth, I think the Peerless Price deal has warped our perspective.

Our best hope in that scenario is a trade ala the Redskins-Broncos.

ummm...  somebody has to want him for the money he's asking for PLUS a first.  Why wouldn't they just get their very own more affordable first rounder?  As with the discussions on Travis Henry's worth,  I think the Peerless Price deal has warped our perspective.

Our best hope in that scenario is a trade ala the Redskins-Broncos.

508269[/snapback]

Yeah we're gonna have to hope a better corner falls into our lap when we get rid of one of the better corners in the league. Ala Washingto trade Champ Bailey Shawn Springs signs via free agency. Unfortunatly Nate Clements is the best corner available after this season. There is no one better then clements to sign.

The only way this could turn out positive is to use that pick acquired for clements on a defensive linemen who will drastically improve our pass rush. Our defense will not get better by losing the best player in the secondary and best player on the defense outside of spikes.

I'm in general agreement. Lose the following after this season:

Milloy

Adams

Vincent

Posey

Teague

In general, if a player is 30 or older, he must prove he is able to play and keep playing for the next three years to be kept on this team.

Try to get something for Moulds. If you can restructure him, maybe keep him, but not at any cost.

Tag and trade Clements if you can't sign him for a non cap-breaking deal.

Invest big time, through draft or wise free agency acquisitions, in the O-line and D-line.

Spend the rest of the season finding out if these young guys can play. I want to see Parrish, Preston, the backup linebackers, the safeties and backup corners on the field a lot more.

In general, if a player is 30 or older, he must prove he is able to play and keep playing for the next three years to be kept on this team.

508285[/snapback]

Can we have this apply to TD and the coaching staff too? The've been on the franchise roster for a few years with little to show for it. I say TD lines up on special teams or he's outta here!

Sam Adams- Like I said with the oline I'd like to get smaller and quicker more athletic linemen.  Guys who can get upfield and after the quaterback.  Slow logs don't cut it for me.  I want guys who get towards the ball, guys we can get some pressure with without blitzing so much.

508128[/snapback]

Interetsing thought, but remember when the Bills replaced Freddie S for Wright? I still contend that if we had Smerles, we would have stopped OJ Anderson and won the SB.

You need your nose tackle to be a mean SOB who can clog the middle. Bills should have kept Pat Williams. It was Pat and Sam that help the Bills be a top run defense last year. Anderson and the other guy wont cut it in a 16 game season.