Congrats To The Big 11 Champions!

R. Rich

And to think, nobody thought the Lions would get to this point going into the season. I know I didn't. Way to shut up all the doubters and naysayers, JoePa! Even Phil Steele, whose college football guide is the best BY FAR, had PSU as the #60 team in his poll and picked them to finish 6th or 8th in the Big 11.

So, it looks like there won't be a showdown w/ "that school" in Tempe...too bad. I would've tried to go to that one instead of next year's regular season game in South Bend. Maybe we get Miami instead? Interesting. I think that would be a nice matchup too.

One thing: I love the comment from JoePa in his postgame interview:

(interviewer) "How many people do you think thought that you would be in this position @ the beginning of the season?"

(JoePa) "I don't know and I don't care."

Classic JoePa right there.

And to think, nobody thought the Lions would get to this point going into the season.  I know I didn't.  Way to shut up all the doubters and naysayers, JoePa!  Even Phil Steele, whose college football guide is the best BY FAR, had PSU as the #60 team in his poll and picked them to finish 6th or 8th in the Big 11. 

So, it looks like there won't be a showdown w/ "that school" in Tempe...too bad.  I would've tried to go to that one instead of next year's regular season game in South Bend.  Maybe we get Miami instead?  Interesting.  I think that would be a nice matchup too.

One thing:  I love the comment from JoePa in his postgame interview:

(interviewer) "How many people do you think thought that you would be in this position @ the beginning of the season?"

(JoePa) "I don't know and I don't care."

Classic JoePa right there.

507285[/snapback]

And he's earned the right to say it. I don't like Penn St, but the talking heads and the "pilers on" who've ripped the guy over the last couple of seasons are eating a ton of crow.

I'd really love to see ND-PSU but PSU-Miami would be pretty good too.

i remember back when you were hatin on State

glad to see they made a believer out of you :blink:

507356[/snapback]

Heheh. I did hate on state, not because I dislike them, but because I didn't think they were that good.

I actually think I like State the best out of any big 10 team. That being said,

We'd still beat you for the National Champ. 0:)

Heheh.  I did hate on state, not because I dislike them, but because I didn't think they were that good.

I actually think I like State the best out of any big 10 team.  That being said,

We'd still beat you for the National Champ.  0:)

507367[/snapback]

if the Fresno/USC score holds up, we might get a chance to see once and for all :blink:

if the Fresno/USC score holds up, we might get a chance to see once and for all 0:)

507375[/snapback]

I'd love to, even with all the sh-- I talk about how Texas will win, I still think it'd be fun as hell to watch 2 QBs like Young and Robinson battle it out, trying to carry their teams to the victory.

I'd love to, even with all the sh-- I talk about how Texas will win, I still think it'd be fun as hell to watch 2 QBs like Young and Robinson battle it out, trying to carry their teams to the victory.

507376[/snapback]

Could you just imagine a QB combined with Young's talent with Robinson's heart?

I'd love to see either with the Bills next year. Young's gonna go too high in the draft for the Bills to consider. But Robinson in the late rounds? That would be sweet 0:)

Giving congrats to your own team ? 0:) ( Congrats...to ME ! )

Joe Pa is a class act and deserves all the props. The Sugar Bowl vs. LSU, perhaps ? Sit back and wait for the SEC championship game and a few others to be played.

Nice chokejobs by Miami and Alabama opens up 1 or 2 at large bids for the BCS. Ohio St. may squeak in , since they lost to only Penn St. in Conference play. A possible Fiesta bowl with the Buckeyes vs. ND is being discussed.

Giving congrats to your own team ?  0:)  ( Congrats...to ME ! )

Joe Pa is a class act and deserves all the props. The Sugar Bowl vs. LSU, perhaps ?  Sit back and wait for the SEC championship game and a few others to be played.

Nice chokejobs by Miami and Alabama opens up 1 or 2 at large bids for the BCS. Ohio St. may squeak in , since they lost to only Penn St. in Conference play. A possible Fiesta bowl with the Buckeyes vs. ND is being discussed.

507420[/snapback]

As much as I'd love to take the credit for recruiting a great group of WRs this year and bringing a very solid group of players the years prior (including LB Dan Connor and QB Anthony Morelli, who we'll see next year w/ Robinson gone), and having faith in JoePa, somehow I just can't say this is "my team". It is the team I root for passionately, as you know full well, but do I own them? Nah. Is it okay for a diehard fan to congratulate a legendary coach (how many other coaches before or since have been named SI's Sportsman of the Year?) for shutting up his critics? I'd like to think it is.

But what do I know?

Congrats to Joe Pa.

He should remain coach as long as he wants, and if they don't keep this up, and start losing, who cares what the fans say anyways- they were the morons that wanted him gone. Fans requests don't matter- if one stops showing up, another will take their place. No leverage whatsoever.

And the ones that wanted him gone have no concept of what collegiate sports are anyways. They are idiots and morons- hope they dont have any kids

I'd love to see either with the Bills next year.  Young's gonna go too high in the draft for the Bills to consider.  But Robinson in the late rounds?  That would be sweet 0:)

507418[/snapback]

Rumor has it Vince is comin back.

One second. ONE FRIGGIN' SECOND. You know what I'm talking about, Rich.

But yes, this is a beautiful day in the state of Pennsylvania... :w00t:

507610[/snapback]

I know all too well, Lori. I told you, other than the OT loss to Iowa a few years ago, that was the most gut wrenching loss I've suffered through.

I'd love to see either with the Bills next year.  Young's gonna go too high in the draft for the Bills to consider.  But Robinson in the late rounds?  That would be sweet :P

507418[/snapback]

about robinson - I said the same thing about 3 weeks ago...scroll down this board. :D

its a good thing I re-read all 15 of your posts before I think of typing anything. Wouldn't want to 'steal' anything from you....

what were you thinking dev/null? :devil:

509860[/snapback]

well it is a TOPIC i started....all I was saying is that I agree. who cares how many posts I have.

well it is a TOPIC i started....all I was saying is that I agree. who cares how many posts I have.

510244[/snapback]

my fault...wasn't my argument anyway. Just hate it when people complain about others not going through and finding their posts before they make their own. Especially when those posts are weeks old (and older). I don't care how many posts you have...I just brought it up sarcastically as point of reference for what I should be reviewing before posting. If you had 10,000...I would have said 10,000. :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.