I'm Free!

rockpile

Forgive me if I sound a bit dain bramaged, but I have just spent a 7am to almost 5pm shift as Home Child Day Care Provider.

I watched Mr. Rogers, played with Lincoln Logs, got six kids in shifts on two different buses, made lunches, also played Operation, BabySitter's Club, and watched part of a Kim Possible marathon, visited my daughter and two grandchildren, explained that the thing on the wall was a real horse shoe, which led to a discussion on how and why horses wore shoes AND why it is hung like the letter "U" (so the luck does not drain out), made more snacks, discussed why super heroes and villains wear costumes, tried to explain why people could not figure out that Clark Kent was not Superman just by taking off his glasses and putting on tights, and made sure everyone was happy when the parents picked them up.

Mrs. Rock just called to ask if everything went OK today. I told her "No problem, I buried the bodies in the back yard." :D

Next time you pick up your kid at the "baby sitter's" :lol: after work, think about what a B word the job is and thank them. I could never do this job for more than a day at a time, once or twice a year, without really killing someone.

:(:D

It is now TIME for some WINE! (Australian Merlot) :P

I also like a good CabSav or Shiraz. :(

I lean towards the Aussie wines (not the aussie whines) but I have to say the fruit of the vines from Argentina and Chile is getting better every day. Red wine is the choice to compliment a cheeseburger Garbage Plate. :P

Aha - you have impeccable taste Mr. Rockpile.

Enjoy the peaceful respite.

:lol:

506878[/snapback]

:lol:  :P 

It is now TIME for some WINE! (Australian Merlot)  :(

506873[/snapback]

We're not drinking any Fuc#ing Merlot!

You done good, Pyle. The Mrs. and the Rockettes should be proud of Papa. And, as you say, learned a lesson in "value".

Forgive me if I sound a bit dain bramaged, but I have just spent a 7am to almost 5pm shift as Home Child Day Care Provider.

I watched Mr. Rogers, played with Lincoln Logs, got six kids in shifts on two different buses, made lunches, also played Operation, BabySitter's Club, and watched part of a Kim Possible marathon, visited my daughter and two grandchildren, explained that the thing on the wall was a real horse shoe, which led to a discussion on how and why horses wore shoes AND why it is hung like the letter "U" (so the luck does not drain out), made more snacks, discussed why super heroes and villains wear costumes, tried to explain why people could not figure out that Clark Kent was not Superman just by taking off his glasses and putting on tights, and made sure everyone was happy when the parents picked them up.

Mrs. Rock just called to ask if everything went OK today. I told her "No problem, I buried the bodies in the back yard."  :D

Next time you pick up your kid at the "baby sitter's"  :lol:  after work, think about what a B word the job is and thank them. I could never do this job for more than a day at a time, once or twice a year, without really killing someone.

:(  :D 

It is now TIME for some WINE! (Australian Merlot)  :P

506873[/snapback]

You got to play with toys and watch TV all day and you're complaining? :D hehehe.

Sounds like a full day, but you should have rounded out the kids lives by taking them for garbage plates yesterday.

You got to play with toys and watch TV all day and you're complaining? :D hehehe.

Sounds like a full day, but you should have rounded out the kids lives by taking them for garbage plates yesterday.

507103[/snapback]

Gotta remember, it was with OTHER people's kids. A couple of them are not being raised very well. :lol:

I almost took two of them to Nick's Friday (there was a portion of the day when I only had two kids), but I did not want to upset their parents. I was just watching the "business" so I did have to be professional. :D

Back to why I was alone.. Mrs Rock just called from NJ and I listened to Pebbles perform with the Dynamic Silver Bullets. I have seen the competition enough that I knew what stunts they were doing just by listening. I actually got misty eyed! :(

Waiting now to hear how they placed.

Tonight I am finishing that magnum of Merlot I started yesterday. :P