Would you like to have in the April Draft...

Posluszny's a junior, so it's a moot point. Wouldn't mind having Tamba, though. Wouldn't mind that a bit. (Of course, I'm just a tad biased. :lol: )

Too bad we need DTs/OL worse...

Posluszny's a junior, so it's a moot point. Wouldn't mind having Tamba, though. Wouldn't mind that a bit. (Of course, I'm just a tad biased. :lol: )

Too bad we need DTs/OL worse...

506546[/snapback]

and I'm pretty sure he's said that He's planning on coming back for his senior year.

and I'm pretty sure he's said that He's planning on coming back for his senior year.

506579[/snapback]

Can't imagine he wouldn't - after all, his role model came back for HIS last year (and to win a National Championship) when he could've been a first-round pick in '86...

PIZ: yes, M-Rob is a fifth-year senior.

For those in favor of Hali let me make a case against drafting a DE end this year. Right now we have Kelsey, and Schobel, two serviceable DE that will get you around a dozen sacks per year. I'm not saying these guys are all world, but they're not getting us beat like DT has. The FA DT market is not overflowing with talent either, but we might be able to get 1 DT that way. Currently we need 1 offensive line eating DT, and a motivated Sam Adams to have any chance against the run. While under contract next season, Sam's future is not clear in Buffalo, and even if he plays next year he's not getting any younger. The fact is we might need 2 new DT's as early as next season, and will certainly need them by 2007.

Hard not to like Tamba Hali, but I just see more pressing needs. I've been a big advocate of Haloti Ngata for over a month, for those that haven't seen my bazillion posts on him he's Oregon’s standout DT. He goes about 365, and his known for being double and triple teamed threwout his college career. He also runs a 4.8, and blocks kicks better then any DT in the nation. I just see Ngata becoming the offensive lineman eating DT in the run game, and that interior pass rusher we haven't had in years. That would have an immediate impact on our entire defense, and if the offense meshes as 2005 winds down we might just have a legit chance at the East next year.

Some PSU notables:

Bobby Engram

Curt Warner

Franco Harris

Jack Ham

Jeff Hartings

Joe Jurevicius

John Cappelletti

John Skorupan

Kerry Collins

Ki-Jana Carter

Larry Johnson