Jerry Gray Departure

plenzmd1

Didn't Smerlas out Haslett for doing 'roids? Personally I don't trust anything that spews from Fred's mouth especially since he's become a kiss ass for the Patriots. That said I expect if we do lose Gray and Haslett was available he'd be at the top of the charts for replacement for D cordinator due to his connections to Mularkey and Donahoe.

505954[/snapback]

Don't get me started on Smerlas, the old-timers on the board have read my rant far too many times. Suffice it to say calling Smerlas a worthless POS is an insult to all the little pieces of s#it out there.

At least it's a gameplan, instead of hoping for, and having, the refs bail you out.  And that was WITH 2 weeks to rest and prepare. <_<

506044[/snapback]

I am sure FEMA had a game plan too prior to Katrina! Coaching involves making adjustments to the situation and not constantly banging your head against the wall regardless of the situation, which is either recognized as stubborness or moronic not exactly the qualities I want in a head coach.

I am sure FEMA had a game plan too prior to Katrina!

Actually, I'm sure they didn't.

Coaching involves making adjustments to the situation and not constantly banging your head against the wall regardless of the situation, which is either recognized as stubborness or moronic not exactly the qualities I want in a head coach.

Well the defensive gameplan was working for 3-1/2 quarters until a wrongly-called pass-catch happened, then a fumble by Holcomb, then a bogus PI call on the Bills' final drive. Those are HARDLY things for which you gameplan. That isn't to say however that the coaching staff doesn't have some responsibility for some of the problems.

Didn't Smerlas out Haslett for doing 'roids? Personally I don't trust anything that spews from Fred's mouth especially since he's become a kiss ass for the Patriots. That said I expect if we do lose Gray and Haslett was available he'd be at the top of the charts for replacement for D cordinator due to his connections to Mularkey and Donahoe.

505954[/snapback]

I don't know about that, but I know it was Haz who outed, for all intents and purposes, Kent Hull re: 'roids. Probably po'd a few in the organization.

Apparantly you didn't watch the KC game.  According to the announcers, we're one of the least blitzing teams in the league.

CW

505762[/snapback]

yeah I heard that comment and than the mute button went on for rest of the game. Least blitzing team. I unmuted later for comment about Tom Clements being a genius or something

You will see Dom Capers after he gets canned.  Buffalos next DC.....

In Pittsburgh during the TD era there.......

506037[/snapback]

Capers would be great. He's not a head coach, but the man can work the defense.

Much like Greg Williams.

I would consider Capers an upgrade over Gray

Don't get me started on Smerlas, the old-timers on the board have read my rant far too many times.  Suffice it to say calling Smerlas a worthless POS is an insult to all the little pieces of s#it out there.

506128[/snapback]

If Smerlas would take a job coaching the Bills after the things he has said about the city, the team, and Ralph Wilson on his radio show, then he is the biggest two-faced scumbag on earth. Knowing Fred, he'd take the job just so he could pipeline our gameplans to Belichick.

PTR

I think Gray has done a great job, particularly with the young players. The fact that Crowell, Sape, McGee, and Greer are solid contributors when players go down is a testament to his coaching... it's not his fault that he doesn't have a particuarly good defensive line.

Capers would be great. He's not a head coach, but the man can work the defense.

Much like Greg Williams.

I would consider Capers an upgrade over Gray

506214[/snapback]

It looks like Jerry Gray, Buffalo's terrific defensive coordinator, is going to have a chance to become the Rams' next head coach.

-- NFL.com

505739[/snapback]

Ya know, I don't care. Any of the Bills coordinators or coaches (or players for that matter) could leave and I wouldn't bat any eye. We just haven't played well enough.