LOST 2.07 Discussion Thread

The Tomcat

Where did Ana get the gun?

I assume it was in the trunk, but the show never said, did it? And would a gun  operate after spending a good deal of time in a trunk like that?

507263[/snapback]

It was the gun she took from Sawyer in the earthen jail. It only had one bullet left. Its provenance goes back to the Air Marshal's Halliburton case. I would keep that in mind for the soon-to-come backstory on Kate's original crime.

But the question stands, How would a gun operate after being in the water for a few hours? The answer is, it's television.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an interview with a couple of the writers, they said pay close attention to the stick. Anybody know what he was carving? I will look tonight when ia get home

505872[/snapback]

So, I watched the episode again last night, and paused often during the stick scene. There is def some lettering on there, but I could not make it out.

I have to say...what a great episode. Even the second time around it was totally gripping.

Ok, so my turn to input:

Reading i think mostly everything was covered.

1. The other Dharma logo is the one with the arrow, which to me yells of a compass, and so I'd assume is the Electromagnetic observation station.

2. The logo on the shark does not match the swan, or the arrow, and so it is the one on the scientist's lab coat in the orientation video, where it just reads "Dharma."

3. Ana Lucia cut off the radio transmission to Boone, and then shot Shannon, meaning in some way she's responsible for both deaths.

4. Nathan was not an infiltrator, as that would be too good.... but Goodwin was. Ethan's full name was Ethan Rom, which is an anagram for Other Man. Can we get Goodwin's full name?

Ok, so my turn to input:

Reading i think mostly everything was covered.

1. The other Dharma logo is the one with the arrow, which to me yells of a compass, and so I'd assume is the Electromagnetic observation station.

2. The logo on the shark does not match the swan, or the arrow, and so it is the one on the scientist's lab coat in the orientation video, where it just reads "Dharma."

3. Ana Lucia cut off the radio transmission to Boone, and then shot Shannon, meaning in some way she's responsible for both deaths.

4. Nathan was not an infiltrator, as that would be too good.... but Goodwin was. Ethan's full name was Ethan Rom, which is an anagram for Other Man. Can we get Goodwin's full name?

508715[/snapback]

Good to have ya back.

Can you really pin Boone's death on AL? He was in the plane already, so her cutting him off really had nothing to do with him being in the plane and it falling off the cliff.

I watched it again the other night and did not hear Goodwins full name.

How creepy was this line..."Nathan was not a good person. THAT'S why he wasn't on the list." (shudder) :lol:

:w00t:

Good to have ya back.

Can you really pin Boone's death on AL?  He was in the plane already, so her cutting him off really had nothing to do with him being in the plane and it falling off the cliff.

I watched it again the other night and did not hear Goodwins full name.

How creepy was this line..."Nathan was not a good person.  THAT'S why he wasn't on the list." (shudder)  :lol:

:w00t:

508789[/snapback]

Good to be back... and no, you cant pin the death on Ana Lucia directly, but the connection is there, and with a show like this, you take what you can get.

It was the gun she took from Sawyer in the earthen jail. It only had one bullet left. Its provenance goes back to the Air Marshal's Halliburton case. I would keep that in mind for the soon-to-come backstory on Kate's original crime.

But the question stands, How would a gun operate after being in the water for a few hours? The answer is, it's television.

507269[/snapback]

OK- good call. When I watched that scene, I knew there was one bullet, but I couldn't remember why.

In the preview for this week, they show her firing a warning shot in the aftermath of shooting Shannon.

So:

1) she either had more than one bullet;

2) she didn't shoot Shannon; or

3) the preview is misleading and she fired no shots in the aftermath of Shannon's shooting.

OK- good call. When I watched that scene, I knew there was one bullet, but I couldn't remember why.

In the preview for this week, they show her firing a warning shot in the aftermath of shooting Shannon.

So:

3) the preview is misleading and she fired no shots in the aftermath of Shannon's shooting.

508829[/snapback]

Good observations...we'll have to see how that pans out, but remember this...those darm previews are made to be very very misleading.

Good observations...we'll have to see how that pans out, but remember this...those darm previews are made to be very very misleading.

508865[/snapback]

but she actually says "i killed someone he loved", regarding Sayid, which leads me to believe that shannon may be dead :D

Also, regarding the previews, anyone else think that when they show AL swinging the sword/blade at sayid, shes really just going to cut the ropes that hes tied to the tree with? (ala sawyer taking the gun to jin's handcuff last season)

My wife saw a couple of interviews with Lost cast members in which it was made very clear that Shannon is dead.

And I agree with Ramius on the preview scenario.

I am totally fired up for this weeks episode...lots and lots of sh-- going down, no doubt about that!

So what do people think can be the importance of Eko's stick? I originally assumed he was just counting the days but it must be more than that. Perhaps something with the numbers? or something tied to his past? I hope we find out sooner rather than later...

I think it's clear that AL shot Shannon. She's not coming back, she's not just wounded, she's dead, and AL shot her.

How Sayid gets tied up to a tree though, I've no idea.

508887[/snapback]

The Others? She saves him, he forgives her. Remember, Sayid was a terrorist, or something along those lines. He betrayed his friends to better himself, why would you think he could not forgive her? Also, he still has the other woman he was trying to get back to. Do we really think he loved Shannon that much?

508829[/snapback]

1) She is dead (Cast interviews make this clear)

2) AL shot her (Producer interviews make this clear)

3) Remember that there is another gun -- Sayid is carrying one. My guess is there is a struggle, the come comes free and AL picks his gun up and shoots that one.

Also, he still has the other woman he was trying to get back to.  Do we really think he loved Shannon that much?

509929[/snapback]

I was pretty suspicious of that whole thing. My thought was that Sayid had come to the conclusion that they were not getting off the island...ever. So why not secure himself a nice piece of ass for the long haul. :devil:

The Others?  She saves him, he forgives her.  Remember, Sayid was a terrorist, or something along those lines.  He betrayed his friends to better himself, why would you think he could not forgive her?  Also, he still has the other woman he was trying to get back to.  Do we really think he loved Shannon that much?

509929[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean by "or something along those lines", nor do I know what you mean by "betrayed his friends to better himself". Sayid was never a terrorist.

1. He was in the Iraqi Republican Guard in the first Gulf war.

2. He was involved with Australian agents in busting up a terrorist cell.

I'm not sure what you mean by "or something along those lines", nor do I know what you mean by "betrayed his friends to better himself".  Sayid was never a terrorist. 

1. He was in the Iraqi Republican Guard in the first Gulf war.

2. He was involved with Australian agents in busting up a terrorist cell.

510303[/snapback]

There were tones that he was related to a terrorist cell, and infiltrated the cell to be able to get back to his woman. One of them was his friend. He betrayed the trust to get something for himself. Lets just say he didn't infiltrate the cell out of his belief that what they were doing was wrong.