I'm gonna die.....

My wife and I set a limit each year, depending on our bills, ect., for the amount we will spend on each other for Christmas. This year our limit was only $200 because of all the expenses we have for repairs from the hurricanes.

I just got back from the mall with a ring that set me back $750.

I won't be able to hide this dent in my checking account for long, so when she begins to ask questions, what do I do? ;)

I know she'll love the ring, but i'm not too sure how to explain the missing cash without being honest so she can't figure out what I bought.

My wife and I set a limit each year, depending on our bills, ect., for the amount we will spend on each other for Christmas. This year our limit was only $200 because of all the expenses we have for repairs from the hurricanes.

I won't be able to hide this dent in my checking account for long, so when she begins to ask questions, what do I do?  ;)

I know she'll love the ring, but i'm not too sure how to explain the missing cash without being honest so she can't figure out what I bought.

500639[/snapback]

OK, first of all accept the fact that you WILL, indeed, die. It's just a matter os how and when.

Also, I'm betting that she'll be blown away by the ring...give you the requisite amount of s#it...and then jump your sorry bones like they've never been jumped. Bottom line, she'll get over it. (Of course, if she's like most women I've known, whe may use it to crack your nuts at a latter date.)

I won't be able to hide this dent in my checking account for long, so when she begins to ask questions, what do I do?  ;)

500639[/snapback]

Sounds like the wifey's getting a ring for Thanksgiving. :lol:

Emergency car repair.

500670[/snapback]

Blow and hookers for CLIENTS on your last business trip. Couldn't put on your company card, had to pay cash, willl get reimbursed with a christmas bonus.

Just remeber, its always for business reasons, and always cause the clients suggested it, never you!!!!

I won't be able to hide this dent in my checking account for long, so when she begins to ask questions, what do I do?  :lol:

500639[/snapback]

Go back to the store...open a credit account on the store card, do the "90 days same as cash" put the ring on that and re-deposit the cash. It's close enough to Christmas that you can hide it until then.

Been there, done that.

Go back to the store...open a credit account on the store card, do the "90 days same as cash" put the ring on that and re-deposit the cash. It's close enough to Christmas that you can hide it until then.

Been there, done that.

500788[/snapback]

That's a sincere answer. There is nothing that can replace seeing their smile. Nothing. I remember buying a pearl bracelet, one time. I bought a cheap leather purse, boxed and wrapped it, and put the bracelet in the inside pocket. She found it. After a bit. Isn't love fun?