Pot smoking in the lots Channel 7 WKBW

Drugs are bad  (m'kay?)

Drinking is good!

499486[/snapback]

The anthropologists point out that brewing of beer was a way to purify water and provide nutrition, and the necessity of cultivating the necessary crops had a lot to do with establishement of permanent settlements as opposed to nomadic living.

I am drinking beer as I type this. :w00t:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to start any debate about criminalization vs. decriminalization. But behind the joint one lights up, or other drugs, is a sad trail of murders, beatings, destructions of societies, ruinations of cities and nations, families destroyed, stilted lives, kids raised in horrible circumstances, shakedowns, bribery and so forth.

The demands of users has seriously harmed this city...like most.

499472[/snapback]

The similarities between drugs and religion are astounding.

I don't want to start any debate about criminalization vs. decriminalization. But behind the joint one lights up, or other drugs, is a sad trail of murders, beatings, destructions of societies, ruinations of cities and nations, families destroyed, stilted lives, kids raised in horrible circumstances, shakedowns, bribery and so forth.

499472[/snapback]

:)

You cant be serious....it was half a joint. I'm sure if they had smoked it all they would have left a path of destruction not yet seen at "The Ralph". :w00t:

499472[/snapback]

Of course, if pot were legal, then the "criminal element" would be gone from the equation...only to be replaced by coportate criminals (but I digress). Prices would be cheaper, taxes would be collected...and all is well with the world, no? Prohibition didn't work with booze and it ain't working with pot.

BTW, your claim is wildly overstated. The joint I smoked recently was organically grown by a co-op in lovely Sonoma California. No thugs, no slave labor...all good.

Of course, if pot were legal, then the "criminal element" would be gone from the equation...only to be replaced by coportate criminals (but I digress).  Prices would be cheaper, taxes would be collected...and all is well with the world, no?  Prohibition didn't work with booze and it ain't working with pot.

BTW, your claim is wildly overstated.  The joint I smoked recently was organically grown by a co-op in lovely Sonoma California.  No thugs, no slave labor...all good.

499551[/snapback]

I wish I could just order seed from a catalog and plant the herb in my garden with the basil, sage, lavender, and chamomille for personal use and sharing with my neighbors. :w00t:

I am such a criminal..... :)

Of course, if pot were legal, then the "criminal element" would be gone from the equation...only to be replaced by coportate criminals (but I digress).  Prices would be cheaper, taxes would be collected...and all is well with the world, no?  Prohibition didn't work with booze and it ain't working with pot.

BTW, your claim is wildly overstated.  The joint I smoked recently was organically grown by a co-op in lovely Sonoma California.  No thugs, no slave labor...all good.

499551[/snapback]

Perhaps someday, someone enjoying that fine, lovingly-grown Californian is enjoying their life as they drive in a traffic lane opposing you or your loved ones and make a slight error of judgement.

Unless you think pot enhances driving skills to the same degree that alcohol does. Or that all drug users have sterling ethics and would never do such a thing.

Go ahead - make it legal. If I understand what I've heard in this thread, or at least implied, there really shouldn't be any sociatal problems with alcohol - since it's legal - but there is. And then there seems to be the suggestion that pot would be different - all newly-legal pot users would be the very soul of piety and responsibility.

I hope I didn't put words into your mouth here - not my intent.

I understand the argument for decriminalization - they have been put forth long before you or I walked this planet. We need not go over that ground.

Don't think me thick - I'm well aware that drugs, alcohol, and the attendent euphoria are real things.

But they ultimately are an escape from reality. And harm occurs. Surely you have knowledge of fallen lives. And tragic occurances.

Perhaps someday, someone enjoying that fine, lovingly-grown Californian is enjoying their life as they drive in a traffic lane opposing you or your loved ones and make a slight error of judgement.

Unless you think pot enhances driving skills to the same degree that alcohol does. Or that all drug users have sterling ethics and would never do such a thing.

Go ahead - make it legal. If I understand what I've heard in this thread, or at least implied, there really shouldn't be any sociatal problems with alcohol - since it's legal - but there is. And then there seems to be the suggestion that pot would be different - all newly-legal pot users would be the very soul of piety and responsibility.

I understand the argument for decriminalization - they have been put forth long before you or I walked this planet. We need not go over that ground.

Don't think me thick - I'm well aware that drugs, alcohol, and the attendent euphoria are real things.

But they ultimately are an escape from reality. And harm occurs. Surely you have knowledge of fallen lives.  And tragic occurances.

499623[/snapback]

No doubt. But, people WILL get drunk and high. We have some choices on how we deal with that knowledge. The one's our gov't currently make have failed miserably, IMO.

I'm surprised you aren't an advocate for more personal freedom, Cincy.

No doubt.  But, people WILL get drunk and high.  We have some choices on how we deal with that knowledge.  The one's our gov't currently make have failed miserably, IMO. 

I'm surprised you aren't an advocate for more personal freedom, Cincy.

499647[/snapback]

I very much am, Dean. I understand the stridentcy of some of my opinions. I ask you to accept that with age comes experience, and hopefully lessons learned - not that I acceped the guff that my elders told me in my young days. :w00t:

But I've come to realize that without some constants, a certain level of restriction of free agency, society fails and anarchy is close by. The attainment of civility in daily life was hard won - we are fortunate to have that; many nations have no such amity - and it deserves consideration before change.

Guest BackInDaDay
Nov 10 2005, 11:26 AM[/b]]

I am drinking beer as I type this. :wacko:

499500[/snapback]

Nov 10 2005, 01:18 PM[/b]]

I very much am, Dean. I understand the stridentcy of some of my opinions. I ask you to accept that with age comes experience, and hopefully lessons learned - not that I acceped the guff that my elders told me in my young days. :lol:

But I've come to realize that without some constants, a certain level of restriction of free agency, society fails and anarchy is close by. The attainment of civility in daily life was hard won - we are fortunate to have that; many nations have no such amity - and it deserves consideration before change.

499684[/snapback]

Damn, Cincy! I wish I was this lucid after 2 hours of suds. :lol:

Guest BackInDaDay
Yeah, but he's drinking Old Milwaukee. Piss water. :lol:  :lol:

499726[/snapback]

:wacko: Say it ain't so, Cincy!

Actually, I've had worse than that.

Schmidts was a great beer for hot days and no cooler. It tasted as bad cold as it did warm!

But they ultimately are an escape from reality. And harm occurs. Surely you have knowledge of fallen lives.  And tragic occurances.

499623[/snapback]

What do you think those people who would use pot legally tomorrow are doing today?? Sitting at home waiting for it to be legalized. Believe it or not you pass high people on the road everyday. Their the ones looking for the "Hot n' Now" sign to light up at Krispy Kreme :wacko:

You realize that the Brits did a study on the effects of different substances on driving, and found that pot smokers were generally safer.... than regular drivers.

Going 10MPH had something to do with it.

I think the point is not that there are no societal problems with alcohol, but the dicotomy of alcohol being legal, when its effects are far worse than THC.