Pot smoking in the lots Channel 7 WKBW

Ummmn... isn't it still against the law to smoke pot?

If so that is the big deal!

500061[/snapback]

I refer to grass as practically legal, as in:

"You're gonna smoke that right here?"

"Yeah, this sh*t is practically legal anyways."

And thank God it is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how's this...we can be against the drug laws, but also against substance abuse.  i am all for peoples' right to !@#$ themselves up, but i think it is a shame that so many people abuse the privilege.  and i am not talking about getting drunk or high at a bills game per se.  it's the habitual users who slowly kill themselves or cause accidents that kill others.  and they do drive a trade that damages a lot of lives.  i used to teach in the city(philly).  so many little kids lives are spoiled and ruined by the drug trade it is just incomprehensible.  but where there are people with habits, you find a drug trade and all the ill effects that result.  it would be great if people could partake once in awhile, in a way that didn't destroy their "freedom," but also wasn't so destructive to our culture.  but that is the problem with drugs...if you enjoy them too much, you keep going back until something bad happens....not everybody, but too many people for sure. 

i always tell my kids (i teach substanc abuse) i am not here to moralize.  drugs are not "bad."  but they sure are bad for you.  then they always ask me which is the "worst" drug...i can only answer that it is the one you use.

i don't know where i am going with this, but i don't think it is too paradoxical to think that the "drug war" is a farce, but also that people need to be careful what they wish for...

499784[/snapback]

Very good post.

Two logics seem to exist on weed, and both are extreme. One is an anal retentive look on things, basically thinking that somebody’s life is about to start on a downward spiral because they smoked a J. The other is that weed does nothing, isn't addictive, and everybody else is just needlessly hating on pot.

Your post captured the middle area and that’s probably more reality then either extreme. Smoking weed on occasion is not the end of the world, it even has some medical, and psychological positives in certain circumstances. Someone while high, compared to someone wasted, is no comparison, the drunk is much more likely to instigate a problem.

I still smoke, and that’s just how I interpret pot as a drug, and how it compares to alcohol effects. But what some smokers fail to recognize is a couple problems do exist to the weed is perfect argument. The fact is your driving is impaired while high, smoking does affect your reaction time. Smoke a bowl and play some catch and you'll figure that out soon enough, combine that with no immediate detection technology and it puts the general public at risk.

The other common rallying cry is that weed doesn't have any negative effects, or isn't addictive. Weed isn't like nicotine; it doesn't have a substance that's known to make people crave it. But people still do crave it because it makes them feel good, and they associate that positive with being high. It's not hard at all to smoke everyday for a period of time if you let yourself. If it becomes that way you become lazy, gain weight etc. Those side effects aren’t positive at all, but many people just continue to do it despite the negatives.

Like you said, anything in moderation is fine; it just needs to stay that way.

Very good post.

Two logics seem to exist on weed,  and both are extreme. One is an anal retentive look on things, basically thinking that somebody’s life is about to start on a downward spiral because they smoked a J.  The other is that weed does nothing, isn't addictive, and everybody else is just needlessly hating on pot.

Your post captured the middle area and that’s probably more reality then either extreme. Smoking weed on occasion is not the end of the world, it even has some medical, and psychological positives in certain circumstances. Someone while high, compared to someone wasted, is no comparison, the drunk is much more likely to instigate a problem.

I still smoke, and that’s just how I interpret pot as a drug, and how it compares to alcohol effects. But what some smokers fail to recognize is a couple problems do exist to the weed is perfect argument.  The fact is your driving is impaired while high, smoking does affect your reaction time. Smoke a bowl and play some catch and you'll figure that out soon enough,  combine that with no immediate detection technology and it puts the general public at risk.

The other common rallying cry is that weed doesn't have any negative effects, or isn't addictive. Weed isn't like nicotine; it doesn't have a substance that's known to make people crave it. But people still do crave it because it makes them feel good, and they associate that positive with being high. It's not hard at all to smoke everyday for a period of time if you let yourself. If it becomes that way you become lazy, gain weight etc. Those side effects aren’t positive at all, but many people just continue to do it despite the negatives. 

500203[/snapback]

I've been smoking for like 6 years pretty much every day and yes it is difficult not to. It's fun but it does make you a bit less motivated to do things when you are stoned, the munchies thing is short term and I have stopped eating like I did when i started smoking pot. Now I just smoke at night while hanging out with my friends when I know I have all my responsibilities out of the way. If you're going to smoke pot once in a while or drink once in a while, they are both recreational drugs but if you get into the habit of smoking every day it gets difficult not to. Yet most of my friends that have smoked for years quit and slowly i am quitting because it gets to a point where you don't enjoy it as much.

Best Air Filter

Honeywell 17250 with HEPA and CPZ filters

The CPZ filter removes all of the smell. It has to have the CPZ. Works great at home in the garage or while on travel in a hotel room bathroom.

Change the filters once every 3 - 6 months and enjoy!

The "It didn't happen" machine ~

500203[/snapback]

Same with chocolate, sex, or hell, even Teeth Whitening