hmmm...clements to temple?

jester43

i'm an alum, and even i know that job is a death sentence. as a matter of fact, i know that better than most.

i can't imagine in a million years why he would do it. i guess the only thing more surprising was that weasel rick neuheisel was supposedly a candidate at one point.

only thing i can figure is that all these "new commitments(i.e. money and facilities)" they've made must be something special. but honestly, every 5-7 years we get another assload of "new commitment" from the administration and all it ever brings us is another generation of UB-quality D1 football- a gigantic waste of energy and resources for a university that functions as a giant commuter school. they keep kidding themselves that they are going to turn north philly into some sort of rah-rah big-10 type environment, but everyone knows it is NEVER gonna happen.

clements really wants to bang his head against the wall at temple?? why, and for how long?? surely not any longer than necessary. as going 500 in the MAC conference would be akin to feeding all 30000 temple students with one armload of loaves and fishes.

clements from the bills to temple? i know things haven't been going well this year, but i don't get it. :D

One can only hope that it's true and he's the leading candidate.

I wonder if we could release him now so he can begin to get his staff together and get a big jump on recruiting!

MM can call the plays for the rest of the year. Or, better yet Donnaho can get a warm body from the coaching staff of some High School near Orchard Park. Those guys are all available on Sundays and maybe the guy would have some gimick plays he could impress MM with.

Yo I wanna be the GM, I'd make sweet draft picks.

-rtconner 10/24/05

Oh my :huh: , Why have I not noticed this before, and why can't you quote me on something slightly more intelligent?

Ah well, I think I would make sweet draft picks. But I'll let you know if I were GM, we would not have JP on the team, we would have Matt Shaub instead. Take that for what its worth.

only thing i can figure is that all these "new commitments(i.e. money and facilities)" they've made must be something special.  but honestly, every 5-7 years we get another assload of "new commitment" from the administration and all it ever brings us is another generation of UB-quality D1 football- a gigantic waste of energy and resources for a university that functions as a giant commuter school.  they keep kidding themselves that  they are going to turn north philly into some sort of rah-rah big-10 type environment, but everyone knows it is NEVER gonna happen.

498370[/snapback]

Yeah, North Philly is a dump. It's a shame cause I hear it used to be the big industrial area of the city.

Also, all of the predictable "good let him go" posts are kinda gay IMO. Having a new OC every year hasn't served this team very well, and obviously people have forgotten how dreadful Gilbride & Pendry were.

Taking the "hot guy currently coaching a talented offense" just doesn't work very often. Scott Linehan who was hailed as a genius after 3 weeks put the game in the hands of Gus Forrotte last week on a 3rd&2 play on the 10 yd line with 2 minutes left when Ronnie Brown was running it down Atlanta's throat. Billick & Fassel sure are doing wonders in Baltimore.

I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of Joe Gibbs or anything, but unless Weiss decides to reneg on the contract he just signed and come to Buffalo, I wouldn't mind if Clements stays.

I really didn't think Joe Pendry was that bad.  At least he ran the ball.

498671[/snapback]

In retrospect he probably wasn't that bad given what he had to work with - ie Flutie, Johnson, Antowain Smith and a crappy line.

Same with Dan Henning - who is doing fine in Carolina.

I should've said Mike Sheppard - that's who I was forgetting.

I just think blaming the OC for our problems is lame. It'd be one thing if we had the same guy for 10 years, but we've been doing it for years and years and it's been a revolving door. At some point you have to blame the players.

Yeah, North Philly is a dump.  It's a shame cause I hear it used to be the big industrial area of the city. 

Also, all of the predictable "good let him go" posts are kinda gay IMO.  Having a new OC every year hasn't served this team very well, and obviously people have forgotten how dreadful Gilbride & Pendry were. 

Taking the "hot guy currently coaching a talented offense" just doesn't work very often.  Scott Linehan who was hailed as a genius after 3 weeks put the ball in the hands of Gus Forrotte last week on a 3rd&2 play on the 10 yd line with 2 minutes left when Ronnie Brown was running it down Atlanta's throat.  Billick & Fassel sure are doing wonders in Baltimore. 

I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of Joe Gibbs or anything, but unless Weiss decides to reneg on the contract he just signed and come to Buffalo, I wouldn't mind if Clements stays.

498662[/snapback]

It took him 8 weeks to reshuffle the line to get Jason Peters in there.

It took him 4 weeks to use McGahee like we all knew he should have been used.

Constantly sending McGahee off the field on third downs. Apparently he doesn't like screens.

Red zone playcalling has to be the worst in the league.

Buh-bye Tommy Boy.

The fact that Fassel and Billick's offense sucks has no bearing what so ever on whether the Bills should keep Clements. I think Malarkey should ask Sam Wyche to take over the offense.

It took him 8 weeks to reshuffle the line to get Jason Peters in there.

As if that was the obvious play? Do we know he's that good after 1 game?

It took him 4 weeks to use McGahee like we all knew he should have been used.

I could've sworn he got some carries vs. Houston & Atlanta. Don't give me the Tampa game - we were not capable of running the ball that game. NO game I'll agree.

Constantly sending McGahee off the field on third downs. Apparently he doesn't like screens.

Red zone playcalling has to be the worst in the league.

Yawn.

The fact that Fassel and Billick's offense sucks has no bearing what so ever on whether the Bills should keep Clements. I think Malarkey should ask Sam Wyche to take over the offense.

Stop pretending like Baltimore is the entire basis for my opinion.

The basic point is -- who do you want to bring in that is going to be better? I'm pretty sure the OC should have a voice, but I could be wrong.

Stop pretending like Baltimore is the entire basis for my opinion.

The basic point is -- who do you want to bring in that is better?  I'm pretty sure the OC should have a voice, but I could be wrong.

498694[/snapback]

Um Sam Wyche, I'm pretty sure that was in my original post. Read much?

I've seen no cohesion in the 1 1/2 years that TC has been here. None. I also haven't seen him outcoach a winning NFL team. All of the Bill's "big" offensive games have been against the NFL's weak sisters during his tenure. This is not what I'd call a good trend.

I'm not too high on the TD, MM and JG for that matter. But TC should be the first one to go imo.

i'm an alum, and even i know that job is a death sentence.  as a matter of fact, i know that better than most. 

i can't imagine in a million years why he would do it.  i guess the only thing more surprising was that weasel rick neuheisel was supposedly a candidate at one point.

only thing i can figure is that all these "new commitments(i.e. money and facilities)" they've made must be something special.  but honestly, every 5-7 years we get another assload of "new commitment" from the administration and all it ever brings us is another generation of UB-quality D1 football- a gigantic waste of energy and resources for a university that functions as a giant commuter school.  they keep kidding themselves that  they are going to turn north philly into some sort of rah-rah big-10 type environment, but everyone knows it is NEVER gonna happen.

clements really wants to bang his head against the wall at temple??  why, and for how long??  surely not any longer than necessary. as going 500 in the MAC conference would be akin to feeding all 30000 temple students with one armload of loaves and fishes. 

clements from the bills to temple?  i know things haven't been going well this year, but i don't get it. :huh:

498370[/snapback]

Best news I've heard in a long time. Bye bye Clements. Hopefully

Um Sam Wyche, I'm pretty sure that was in my original post. Read much?

I've seen no cohesion in the 1 1/2 years that TC has been here. None. I also haven't seen him outcoach a winning NFL team. All of the Bill's "big" offensive games have been against the NFL's weak sisters during his tenure. This is not what I'd call a good trend.

I'm not too high on the TD, MM and JG for that matter. But TC should be the first one to go imo.

498703[/snapback]

Look, I love Sam Wyche...But, if we hire him as OC, we might as well buy the plot of land to bury him. They guy has cardiac myopathy. He's gonna require surgery 2-3 years from now. It's better for him if he doesn't take on more responsibilities.

Charles