Willis

bbills17

Did you watch LT today? Did you see the move in open field where he made the would-be tackler look like a complete fool? Give your head a shake before you make idiotic statements about being the best RB in football.

If Willis would shut his mouth and stop posturing for more off-season $$ and actually run the way he claims he can, he would be a decent back. Right now, I'd rate him barely average despite the fact that no matter what he does, the 'experts' here worship him.

Did you watch LT today?  Did you see the move in open field where he made the would-be tackler look like a complete fool?  Give your head a shake before you make idiotic statements about being the best RB in football. 

If Willis would shut his mouth and stop posturing for more off-season $$ and actually run the way he claims he can, he would be a decent back.  Right now, I'd rate him barely average despite the fact that no matter what he does, the 'experts' here worship him.

496357[/snapback]

Willis is doing his job. He is one of the leading rushers in the league and clearly as important a player as we have on the team.

Did you watch LT today?  Did you see the move in open field where he made the would-be tackler look like a complete fool?  Give your head a shake before you make idiotic statements about being the best RB in football. 

If Willis would shut his mouth and stop posturing for more off-season $$ and actually run the way he claims he can, he would be a decent back.  Right now, I'd rate him barely average despite the fact that no matter what he does, the 'experts' here worship him.

496357[/snapback]

Did you miss Willis Shake the Corner of NE? One little cut and the guy flew right by him, too bad Willie McGinnest got him by his collar or he was gone. hes getting close.

Willis is a very good back, but until he regains his speed and explosiveness he will never be an elite back. Many RB's that have torn up the knee have said it takes 2 full years of playing to recover. Willis tore 3 ligaments, and after 1 1/2 seasons of playing he's slowly getting back that speed and explosiveness he showed at Miami. We have no reason to think we've seen his best, as a knee injury that severe might take 2-3 years of playing to fully recover.

496357[/snapback]

Willis is a very good back, but he isn't the player he was at the U. He is much more of a pounder now. Either way, he's a big time player, but when you don't break long ones, you end up taking a lot more hits. In the long run, I think the injury will probably take 3-4 years off of his career.

People - please don't even bother. There is no reasoning with this Flea guy. Every single one of his posts have been anti-McGahee posts from the day he signed up to this board.

He said Willis is BARELY AVERAGE. That says enough about his knowledge of football. Or lack thereof.

Willis isn't the greatest, that's for sure. But to claim he's barely average like Joe Burns is ridiculous. I'd hate to see Flea's opinion on any other Bills player if he thinks our best player is barely average.

496357[/snapback]

Watched the Falcs Bills game and he was pretty solid in there when he had to, the D of the Falc is decent as well.

496357[/snapback]

Hey Travis when do you report back to the Titans? :doh:

People - please don't even bother. There is no reasoning with this Flea guy. Every single one of his posts have been anti-McGahee posts from the day he signed up to this board.

He said Willis is BARELY AVERAGE. That says enough about his knowledge of football. Or lack thereof.

Willis isn't the greatest, that's for sure. But to claim he's barely average like Joe Burns is ridiculous. I'd hate to see Flea's opinion on any other Bills player if he thinks our best player is barely average.

496468[/snapback]

Hey pacpie, what do you know - you think Joe Burns is barely average!!! :doh: LOL.

Seriously, I never followed Willis at the U so I don't have a frame of reference. All I know is that Willis is the least of the Bills problems this year

Hey pacpie, what do you know - you think Joe Burns is barely average!!! :doh: LOL.

Seriously, I never followed Willis at the U so I don't have a frame of reference. All I know is that Willis is the least of the Bills problems this year

496597[/snapback]

Yeah I guess I gave good ol' Joe a compliment there. You know what I mean though.

And you don't need to have seen Willis at the U to know if he's a good back now.

Isnt Willis 2nd in rushing yards in the nfl right now?

496658[/snapback]

5th, same YPC at LT. LT has 45 more yards rushed than McGahee and has played one more game (San Diego's bye is this week of course, since they play the Bills in two weeks... ;) ).

McGahee will never measure up to LT as long as he allows 3 Bruschi (We're not worthy!) "hits" every time he carries the ball.... :doh:

496357[/snapback]

He is barely average. Sure, he has a ton of yards, but he has a ton of carries too.

He's 3rd in attempts but 5th in yards. He's 19th in yards per carry. He doesn't even show up on ESPN's stats in long runs with at least 35 other RBs ahead of him. He's tied at 15th with five other RBs (Portis, Mike Anderson, Chris Brown, Kevin Jones, and TJ Duckett).

He is barely average.

I'm pleased to see the Bills tossing some passes WMG's way. If they can establish him as a decent pass threat, it can only help his running - and I think he's pretty good at that. I don't see but one or two Bflo. games, so I won't comment on blocking.

World-beater? No. Decent NFL back? Definitely, especially on a club such as this year's Bills with more than a few question marks.

I suspect he'd be a desirable acquisition for a goodly number of NFL teams...

He is barely average.  Sure, he has a ton of yards, but he has a ton of carries too. 

He's 3rd in attempts but 5th in yards.  He's 19th in yards per carry.  He doesn't even show up on ESPN's stats in long runs with at least 35 other RBs ahead of him.  He's tied at 15th with five other RBs (Portis, Mike Anderson, Chris Brown, Kevin Jones, and TJ Duckett). 

He is barely average.

496796[/snapback]

Man the Bills suck. Here I thought we had a horse running back who, while not breaking 65-yard TD runs, is still moving the ball effectively and giving our shaky QB's a lot of 2nd & 5's and 3rd & 2's. He is tough to bring down, and ALWAYS falls forward for an extra yard or two. He's top 5 in the NFL in rushing vs. defenses who know he's the Bills meal ticket, so they load up against the run. I've seen him get stronger on runs 25-35 after banging up the middle all game. But now I come to find out he is just average.

So I guess there's twenty other backs in the NFL could do what Willis is doing, but about 15 of them are just choosing not to?

So I guess there's twenty other backs in the NFL could do what Willis is doing, but about 15 of them are just choosing not to?

backs like sam cunningham and bam morris only come around once every 15 years or so. roger vick and marion barber tried to be like those guys but failed miserably.