How about them Hurricanes!

BADOLBILZ

I always wanted to post in glee about my team that has nothing to do with this board winning a game that almost nobody here cares about!  Go Canes!

Greg Olsen or Eric Winston?

496090[/snapback]

Props to Miami for dominating this one, next time I think Tech keep their mouth shut during the week. I’m glad this went down because my ideal NC match up is Texas and USC. Now that Tech has lost that seems like it will happen given the remaining schedules of the two.

Props to Miami for dominating this one, next time I think Tech keep their mouth shut during the week.  I’m glad this went down because my ideal NC match up is Texas and USC. Now that Tech has lost that seems like it will happen given the remaining schedules of the two.

496096[/snapback]

What?

Since when did you like us better than Tech?

What?

Since when did you like us better than Tech?

496100[/snapback]

As time progresses you find out more about each team, last week I was speaking as if Tech would run the table, and what should happen if they did. I was wrong in the fact that I said VT would run the table, they obviously got exposed tonight. The point I was trying to convey then was more about if VT ran the table, then they should go over Texas, and not that VTECH was any better then Texas.

Now Texas seems like a likely candidate to run the table, and a match up with USC seems immanent. I'm not a fan of Tech, USC, or Texas, but the college football fan in me really wants to see Texas against USC. For one it is a very intriguing match up filled with stars, and for two it's for a clear cut National Title game. My opinion is this Texas team will get exposed against USC. I just think the decline of the big 12 this year is more likely a reason for Texas putting up these numbers then them being as amazing as the scores indicate.

In the meantime can Texas stay motivated without Tech nipping at their heals? They play Kansas who dominated Brad Smith, and is excellent against the run, and then they play a depressed A&M squad away. Neither of these teams are powers but their good enough to pull an upset if you give them enough chances. If Texas or USC falters I hope the football gods give Penn State a shot at the National Title, Alabama will slip up so I think the Nittany Lions should be next in line.

You’ cant go wrong if the national title game this year comes down to Texas, USC, or Penn State. This has been another great year of college football.

I always wanted to post in glee about my team that has nothing to do with this board winning a game that almost nobody here cares about!  Go Canes!

496090[/snapback]

For once, Miami wasn't the team with the uglier uniforms. Congrats to them for showing V.P.I. the balance of power hasn't shifted northward quite yet....

Mmmm. Winston sounds good. Besides, don't we already have our UofM TE?

Props to Miami for dominating this one, next time I think Tech keep their mouth shut during the week.

496096[/snapback]

Exactly!!!

I saw Beamer in the news about three times this past week and I never heard him even mention the upcoming game against Miami, yet heard him bitchin' about the BCS' instead. Having said that, the Canes' were obviously much faster than VT ever expected them to be and that was the difference in the game.

496090[/snapback]

My ex-girlfriend was a Hokey. So I'm extra glad they blew it yesterday - anything to add to her misery.

This despite the fact that I really liked her "Vickgina".

As time progresses you find out more about each team, last week I was speaking as if Tech would run the table, and what should happen if they did. I was wrong in the fact that I said VT would run the table, they obviously got exposed tonight. The point I was trying to convey then was more about if VT ran the table, then they should go over Texas, and not that VTECH was any better then Texas. 

Now Texas seems like a likely candidate to run the table, and a match up with USC seems immanent. I'm not a fan of Tech, USC, or Texas, but the college football fan in me really wants to see Texas against USC. For one it is a very intriguing match up filled with stars, and for two it's for a clear cut National Title game.   My opinion is this Texas team will get exposed against USC.  I just think the decline of the big 12 this year is more likely a reason for Texas putting up these numbers then them being as amazing as the scores indicate. 

In the meantime can Texas stay motivated without Tech nipping at their heals? They play Kansas who dominated Brad Smith, and is excellent against the run, and then they play a depressed A&M squad away.  Neither of these teams are powers but their good enough to pull an upset if you give them enough chances. If Texas or USC falters I hope the football gods give Penn State a shot at the National Title, Alabama will slip up so I think the Nittany Lions should be next in line.

496106[/snapback]

Man I hate those hippy bastards in Austin (no offense intended BlueFire). And if they play like they did against OK State when they play against A&M then UT will be back in Austin sippin tea and bitching about Mack Brown while preparing for some other BCS game other than the NC game in Pasadena. And that would be sweet. Or what would be just as sweet is them going into the Rose Bowl only to have Vince Young suck as a passing QB which happens whenever he tries to be one, because USC will not let him beat them with his legs, and thus having UT get humiliated and exposed. Young is a great athlete no doubt but is far far far from being a quarterback, just watch how inaccurate he was early in the Ok State game missing wideopen receivers, which led to turnovers and huge defecit...luckily they were playin Ok State. If vINTcent young plays like that against USC they'll lose by 40. Not to mention the ridiculous offensive weapons the trojans will use to dominate the Texas defense. I just don't see UT matching up well with USC with the turnover machine at QB.

How about those UB Bulls! :ph34r:

496184[/snapback]

I would love to see UB match up against Temple at a neutral site in a knockdown dragout fight for being the worst team in division I. Better yet throw Syracuse and some other team and have a playoff.

Someday, UB has to get things on track.

496198[/snapback]

Aw yes I can hear the recruiting schtick now:

COACH "Hey HS prospect come play in Buffalo."

PROSPECT: "What do you have to offer a college prospect of my caliber?"

COACH: "Well how about a team that didn't win a game this season, it's cold as hell, and we have no tradition as a program of winning or even being competitive. Our stadium is tiny and our town offers little in terms of a night/college life."

THATS WHAT I CALL A WINNING FORMULA FOR RECRUITING

If Alabama runs the table, beats LSU, Auburn and wins the SEC Championship game don't you think they deserve a shot at the big game? I wonder if any of the front runners could actually win all of these games given the level of competition they play on their regular schedule.

how high up in the rankings can miami finish?

i'd like to see them get a shot at playing usc or texas, just to see how they match up.

ncaa needs playoffs

496145[/snapback]

Texas isn't a lock to finish undefeated, but they have a QB who can make plays so I would say they would have a better chance against USC than Miami would, so IMO, the best matchup is on track right now. Kyle Wright is the best pro QB prospect Miami has had since the 1980's, but right now he's about useless.

If Alabama runs the table, beats LSU, Auburn and wins the SEC Championship game don't you think they deserve a shot at the big game? I wonder if any of the front runners could actually win all of these games given the level of competition they play on their regular schedule.

496207[/snapback]

It would be nice if Alabama could actually score on Offense.

If they finish 12-0 do they deserve a shot?

496477[/snapback]

If they finish 12-0 of course they deserve a shot, but if other teams also go 12-0 style points usually win out and Alabama just doesn't have many this years. All this is of course considering they do win out, and I'll go on record right now that they won't do that. The meat of the schedule is ahead for them, and their biggest win was against a vulnerable Florida team. Other then that they beat up on a couple pansies, and played in tight games with some of the worst teams in the SEC.