Anger is Good for You

SilverNRed

Link

People who respond to stressful situations with short-term anger or indignation have a sense of control and optimism that lacks in those who respond with fear.

"These are the most exciting data I've ever collected," Carnegie Mellon psychologist Jennifer Lerner told a gathering of science writers here last month.

Sweet. So basically all that stuff the Emperor was saying in Return of the Jedi was good advice.

"Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."

I'm gonna go punch someone in the face.

Link

Sweet.  So basically all that stuff the Emperor was saying in Return of the Jedi was good advice.

"Use your aggressive feelings, boy.  Let the hate flow through you."

494559[/snapback]

Flock off dingleberry!

OK, much better now. :blink:

Link

Sweet.  So basically all that stuff the Emperor was saying in Return of the Jedi was good advice.

"Use your aggressive feelings, boy.  Let the hate flow through you."

494559[/snapback]

Who the !@#$ are those !@#$ing !@#$s to tell me how to handle my !@#$ing anger? I'll !@#$ing handle my !@#$ing anger however i damn well please.

Ahhh, much better :blink:

People who respond to stressful situations with short-term anger or indignation have a sense of control and optimism that lacks in those who respond with fear.

494559[/snapback]

And just think...all those poor, misunderstood machine-gun toting postal workers didn't snap, they were simply optimists totally in control of the situation...