I listened to Murphy and Van Pelt

Adam

-Near constant references to Bruschi's "remarkable comeback"

-Camera constantly following Bruschi, whether on D, special teams, or on the sideline

-5+ camera shots to Bruschi's wife in the stands

-Several "sideline reports" by Suzie K basically saying the same damn thing

-One entire FULL SCREEN cutaway for several minutes of Bob Kraft talking about Bruschi's comeback - meanwhile the Bills had the ball and were driving

-Near constant references to Bruschi's "remarkable comeback"

-Camera constantly following Bruschi, whether on D, special teams, or on the sideline

-5+ camera shots to Bruschi's wife in the stands

-Several "sideline reports" by Suzie K basically saying the same damn thing

-One entire FULL SCREEN cutaway for several minutes of Bob Kraft talking about Bruschi's comeback - meanwhile the Bills had the ball and were driving

493254[/snapback]

Did you forget every commercialbreak them playing the nickelback hero song with bruschi in slow-motion... <_<

That list isn't even half of it. It's a good start though.

- They made up a stat for him called "hits" and gave him like 60 of them

- Added to his tackle numbers to make him look good

- Several wonderful lines such as "Man, everyone is just rooting for Tedy, even Buffalo fans."

- Several times playing the song "Hero" with closeups and clips of ol' Tedy

- One time they put the camera on Bruschi and only Bruschi in the middle of a Bills offensive play

-Hearing the three stooges rave about what a great play Bruschi's miss of Roscoe Parrish in the backfield was.

-The introduction of the "hits" statistic for Teddy

-The announcers giving Teddy a three hour long stroke

On the up side, they did catch him drooling/about to throw up on the sideline in the first quarter and to Brusci'ss credit he blew right past Suzy Kolber when she wanted to interview him after the game.

-Hearing the three stooges rave about  what a great play Bruschi's miss of Roscoe Parrish in the backfield  was

493259[/snapback]

Yes, Parish broke a tackle by Tedy, and someone else tackled Parish. Then they showed the replay several times, each time that talk about how great Bruschi's tackle was

Also...

Parish did a WR reverse or something and then was evading defenders and swtiched fields. The commentators said something to the effect of "He switched fields to run away from Bruschi"

a quote from the announcers. (from what i can remember)

"i bet even the Buffalo Bills want him to have a great game today".

i think that says it all.

but if it doesnt, just before commercials they showed bruschi and played the "Hero" song.

you would have thaught it was Pat Tillman reborn or something.

Yes, Parish broke a tackle by Tedy, and someone else tackled Parish. Then they showed the replay several times, each time that talk about how great Bruschi's tackle was

They gushed about the missed tackle at first, but later started saying things like, "Well, he didn't make the tackle, but he slowed the guy down so everyone else could make the tackle." <_<

It was bad. You're lucky that you missed it.

CW

They gushed about the missed tackle at first, but later started saying things like, "Well, he didn't make the tackle, but he slowed the guy down so everyone else could make the tackle."  <_<

It was bad.  You're lucky that you missed it.

CW

493278[/snapback]

They pretty much sounded like three old ladies sitting on a porch on a sunday afternoon, knitting, talking about how great the preachers sermon was that day. Just agreeing with each other left and right. None of them really have their hearing aids turned up loud enough to know what the preacher or the other old ladies were saying.

a quote from the announcers. (from what i can remember)

"i bet even the Buffalo Bills want him to have a great game today".

i think that says it all.

but if it doesnt,  just before commercials they showed bruschi and played the "Hero" song.

you would have thaught it was Pat Tillman reborn or something.

493263[/snapback]

I find the everyone's focus on the announcing unsettling. You all should be more concerned with the quality of the Bill's performance, not on ESPN. Concentrate on the things that matter.

I find the everyone's focus on the announcing unsettling. You all should be more concerned with the quality of the Bill's performance, not on ESPN. Concentrate on the things that matter.

493281[/snapback]

We're fans, not players. You can get settled.

493281[/snapback]

I think the order of the day goes like this:

Concerned about--

1) the obviously slanted refs

2) The dominating performance of the bills offense

3) the missed block that allowed holcomb to get sacked and fumble

4) The awful announcers.

493281[/snapback]

I didn't have to listen to the crap. I had the audio off. <_<

The video was bad enough. :wub:

No it wasn't that bad.... it was worse.

The most egregious sin was cutting away from the action to air dumb interviews. During the strip-sack on Holcomb that completely changed the game, an interview with Kraft about liability waivers was airing.... Ugh!

JDG

That list isn't even half of it. It's a good start though.

- They made up a stat for him called "hits" and gave him like 60 of them

- Added to his tackle numbers to make him look good

- Several wonderful lines such as "Man, everyone is just rooting for Tedy, even Buffalo fans."

- Several times playing the song "Hero" with closeups and clips of ol' Tedy

- One time they put the camera on Bruschi and only Bruschi in the middle of a Bills offensive play

493257[/snapback]

don't forget "shad" williams. or mcgahee dancing too much and needing to improve his vision (i.e., his strongest asset).

don't forget "shad" williams. or mcgahee dancing too much and needing to improve his vision (i.e., his strongest asset).

493417[/snapback]

Neufield was wide open as well, but Holcomb couldn't get him the ball. They said Neufield about 20 different times on that play, when it was clearly not Neufield.

CW

Neufield was wide open as well, but Holcomb couldn't get him the ball.  They said Neufield about 20 different times on that play, when it was clearly not Neufield.

CW

493428[/snapback]

that was Josh Reed, and not the only time the misidentified Reed

my favorite was on a stuff or a sack, i forget which, that involved Kelsay and Bannan

Mike Patrick was like.......

Chris Kelsay

and #97

Justin Bannan

The 2nd round pick out of Colorado

you could almost hear the gerbil wheel spinning in his brain as he looked down the Bills roster sheet