"The Birds"

stevestojan

I'm talking the Hitchcock "classic".  The actual birds themselves are freaking hilarious. Reminds me a bird versions of "Triumph, the insult comic dog". I know special effects weren't the greatest back then, but hell, even if they had used stuffed dead birds, it would have been better. And the sounds they made? Holy crap.  The acting is just awful too. . .

492550[/snapback]

I do disagree with you on this one. There are several reasons why I liked the movie: tension without an obligatory background score; different subject line (not many monster movies during that time); compact storyline that did not waver from the subject; low special effects etc. I do think this is one of the most original scary movies and one of Hitch's best (others I liked from him are Frenzy, Spellbound, 39 steps, man who knew too much, North by Northwest, Rebecca). Too bad you did not enjoy it.

Too bad you did not enjoy the movie. I agree. I think its a classic. I even went to Bodaga bay when visiting SF. The schoolhouse is now a bed and breakfast. The person that made the initial post. How old are you? Just wondering. I am in my 40's.

Too bad you did not enjoy the movie.  I agree.  I think its a classic.  I even went to Bodaga bay when visiting SF.  The schoolhouse is now a bed and breakfast.  The person that made the initial post.  How old are you?  Just wondering.  I am in my 40's.

493289[/snapback]

I went to a wedding reception in that school house. I was drunk by the time I got there and really don't remember a lot about it, though.

I guess we just weren't "lucky" enough to be born in a generation or household where we were repeatedly told how special we were so that we could grow up to identify with a bunch of self-indulgent little pussacs.

Woe is me..... :lol:

Cya

Which guy was Vince Vaughan; the one I wanted to smack or the one I wanted to kick?

492880[/snapback]

Don't be too harsh on Vince. That was the first film I ever saw him in, and I was tempted to boycott the rest of his movies, but the guy is pretty funny. Check out some of his other films before just giving up on him completely.

I'm talking the Hitchcock "classic".  The actual birds themselves are freaking hilarious. Reminds me a bird versions of "Triumph, the insult comic dog". I know special effects weren't the greatest back then, but hell, even if they had used stuffed dead birds, it would have been better. And the sounds they made? Holy crap.  The acting is just awful too. . .

492550[/snapback]

:lol: