McGahee's comeback more impressive that Tedy's

Tedy had a little brain aneurism, and he got it fixed. He just had to lie there in the hospital while some surgeon fixed his heart, and he soon got a clean bill of health!

Now, McGahee, well, his knee was shredded by that Buckeye, and some people thought he'd never walk again, let alone become a pro football player. He worked his arse off for a long long time.

My vote goes to Willis. I say, next time the Bills are on National TV, we should fillibuster for some props for my man McGahee.

I don't even know what I'm talking about, just offering a point of view that isn't necessarily mine.

McGahee's injury was much harder to return from, IMO. but McGee was never in any real life threatening danger.

a stroke can seriously hurt you, and can even kill you. but once treated, it should be easier to return to your normal life.

McGahee's injury was much harder to return from, IMO. but McGee was never in any real life threatening danger.

a stroke can seriously hurt you, and can even kill you. but once treated, it should be easier to return to your normal life.

492387[/snapback]

Nah, he was just in danger of having his leg amputated. Not too bad.

Tedy had a mild stroke. It's not like the guy in Five Easy Pieces who just sat there and stared at Nicholson for 2 hours.

His stroke was a blessing, it alerted the docs to that heart condition, which undetected could've blown up and killed him someday. He'll live longer as a result of that little stroke.

Tedy had a little brain aneurism, and he got it fixed.  He just had to lie there in the hospital while some surgeon fixed his heart, and he soon got a clean bill of health!

Now, McGahee, well, his knee was shredded by that Buckeye, and some people thought he'd never walk again, let alone become a pro football player.  He worked his arse off for a long long time.

My vote goes to Willis.  I say, next time the Bills are on National TV, we should fillibuster for some props for my man McGahee.

I don't even know what I'm talking about, just offering a point of view that isn't necessarily mine.

492377[/snapback]

I depise that Pats and all players on the roster, However, without your heart, you're nothing. You can live on with a gimpy knee

Tedy had a little brain aneurism, and he got it fixed.  He just had to lie there in the hospital while some surgeon fixed his heart, and he soon got a clean bill of health!

Now, McGahee, well, his knee was shredded by that Buckeye, and some people thought he'd never walk again, let alone become a pro football player.  He worked his arse off for a long long time.

My vote goes to Willis.  I say, next time the Bills are on National TV, we should fillibuster for some props for my man McGahee.

492377[/snapback]

They're both to be admired. You don't have to denigate Bruschi to praise McGahee.

I remember constantly thinking about McGahee's injury every time he ran last year. It didn't help that he stayed down quasi-injured after he got tackled. It is not even a blip of a thought this year. He seems fully recovered.

Even with all the b.s. last night over Bruschi, I think most fans are glad he's okay. It doesn't necessarily seem safe to resume playing when you are talking about heart and brain issues, but I'm no doctor. If he wants to play, I hope he reamains healthy. Any comeback for any player is a good one.

492377[/snapback]

Yeah McGahee also had the disadvantage of not being a "blue collar" or "high motor" or "hard working" type of player like Teddy . In other words: he isn't white. Hence Travis Henry and Marion Barry care cokeheads, while Brett Favre and Rush Limbaugh "bravely faced their addiction."

Yeah McGahee also had the disadvantage of not being a "blue collar" or "high motor" or "hard working" type of player like Teddy . In other words: he isn't white.  Hence Travis Henry and Marion Barry care cokeheads, while Brett Favre and Rush Limbaugh "bravely faced their addiction."

492814[/snapback]

It's not like either Favre or Limbaugh went out to some street corner looking for coke. They both had medical conditions which required pain pills. I've had a conversation with a doctor about the Limbaugh situation, and some people are easily addicted to pain pills. (The doctor in question thinks Limbaugh is a loudmouth who oversimplifies and distorts his opponents' point of view.) Medically, an addiction is an addiction, whether it be someone who smokes, or who needs coffee in the morning to function, or who is addicted to pain pills, or who is addicted to crack. But on a social level, there's a huge difference between a guy who becomes addicted to medicine he's taking for legitimate purposes, and someone who seeks out illegal recreational narcotics.

It's not like either Favre or Limbaugh went out to some street corner looking for coke. They both had medical conditions which required pain pills. I've had a conversation with a doctor about the Limbaugh situation, and some people are easily addicted to pain pills. (The doctor in question thinks Limbaugh is a loudmouth who oversimplifies and distorts his opponents' point of view.) Medically, an addiction is an addiction, whether it be someone who smokes, or who needs coffee in the morning to function, or who is addicted to pain pills, or who is addicted to crack. But on a social level, there's a huge difference between a guy who becomes addicted to medicine he's taking for legitimate purposes, and someone who seeks out illegal recreational narcotics.

493367[/snapback]

PLEASE! YEAH THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. ONE IS THE MODE FAVORED BY WHITE GUYS AND THE OTHER BY (SOME) BLACK GUYS.

PLEASE!  YEAH THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. ONE IS THE MODE FAVORED BY WHITE GUYS AND THE OTHER BY (SOME) BLACK GUYS.

493452[/snapback]

You are right. No black person ever became addicted to pain pills, and no white person ever bought recreational drugs off a drug dealer on a street corner.

you beat me to the punch Bill.. Thanks!

BTW... Allen's hit was legal... And OSU would have still won the game had WM not been hurt... yeah right!

492745[/snapback]

They would not have won the game without Terry Porter though.