Why wasn't JP in on the last play?

Albany,n.y.

A few seasons ago, NE was faced with a half ending hail mary possibility. BB went to his 3rd stringer (I think it was Bishop, but I'm at work & I can't look it up) to throw the hail mary because he had the strongest arm of the QBs. I can't understand why Holcomb was in there to throw short & try laterals (which ended with a FORWARD lateral). Even if JP is benched, they needed his arm in that situation.

PS: I was stuck listening to ESPN because our local Bills network station pulled the broadcast half way through the pregame show & field pass had the Patriot announcers on both team's link.

Worst announcing job I've heard. Best examples: 1) Theisman rambling on about the play where Reed shuffled it back to Shaud & they got a yard or 2. Theisman criticized the play call saying it didn't get enough yardage. Mcguire let him ramble through the measurement-which Joe didn't even notice & then said-that was for a 1st down after Theisman ran out of air. 2) Willis gets tackled with a hit to his upper thigh & they call it a direct shot to his knee. There are a lot more, I'll hand it off to others.

even the last play was only a 10 yard pass. we wont even throw deep as time is expiring.

492069[/snapback]

Holcomb was going to throw deep on the last play (as well as the Fourth and 7) but Roscoe was covered so he decided to throw short...and hope the Stanford band was on the field...I cannot believe the idiots covering the Bills let him get away with that explanantion on the 4th and 7..Hey Kelly, guess what? An interception won't kill you in that situation, instead you drop it off to Moulds who only has to beat Samuel, Vrabel and another man to get his seven yards...Moron!

I was thinking the same thing b4 the play (BTW, I think you're right about Bishop. He had an arm that made Bledsoe look weak.) I figured that JP could throw farther & also elude the rush better.

Little did I know that the play call was a 5 yard pass then hopefully about 10 laterals. JP would've been better suited for this as well.

A few seasons ago, NE was faced with a half ending hail mary possibility.  BB went to his 3rd stringer (I think it was Bishop, but I'm at work & I can't look it up) to throw the hail mary because he had the strongest arm of the QBs.  I can't understand why Holcomb was in there to throw short & try laterals (which ended with a FORWARD lateral).  Even if JP is benched, they needed his arm in that situation. 

PS: I was stuck listening to ESPN because our local Bills network station pulled the broadcast half way through the pregame show & field pass had the Patriot announcers on both team's link.

Worst announcing job I've heard.  Best examples: 1) Theisman rambling on about the play where Reed shuffled it back to Shaud & they got a yard or 2.  Theisman criticized the play call saying it didn't get enough yardage.  Mcguire let him ramble through the measurement-which Joe didn't even notice & then said-that was for a 1st down after Theisman ran out of air.  2) Willis gets tackled with a hit to his upper thigh & they call it a direct shot to his knee.  There are a lot more, I'll hand it off to others.

492001[/snapback]

probly because we threw the ball only 12 yards...