England Dan & John Ford Coley

The Poojer

I'm not talking about movin' in.

So funny you started this thread. The family and I went out to dinner 2 weeks ago and this song came on. We couldn't figure out what the hell they said at the beginning of the chorus. "I'm not talking about ...... "

I always thought it was "I'm not talking about the women"...

I'm not talking about movin' in.

So funny you started this thread. The family and I went out to dinner 2 weeks ago and this song came on.  We couldn't figure out what the hell they said at the beginning of the chorus. "I'm not talking about ...... "

I always thought it was "I'm not talking about the women"...

492084[/snapback]

"I'm not talkin about movin' in..."

I thought the line was "I'm not talking about a millenium" until tonight.

Never did like those fops anyways.  :lol:

492744[/snapback]

No. It was definitely "Bolivians".

I think the gist of the song was that the guy was just looking to spend some time with the gal. He wasn't trying to get all serious.

On or around the time the song was released there were some very serious goings on in Bolivia. There was a dictator named Augusto Pinochet that had come into power and his regime was brutal. Think "Saddam Hussein speaking spanish."

The reference to Bolivia was the guys way of saying that "there is serious business going on in our world, but let's just slow down and have a good time."

Personally I think that got too political for such a light hearted song. I saw an interview with one of them. I think it was Coley. He was pretty glib about using "Bolivians" just because it had the right number of syllables. He didn't really seem to know or care much about the serious issues. :doh:

I think the most misheard lyrics have to come from the Marvin Gaye song 'Got to Give it Up'

For years I just couldn't figure out what he was singing in that one ...

:)

I used to go out to parties

And stand around

'Cause I was too nervous

To really get down

And my body yearned to be free

So I got up on the floor and found

Someone to choose me

No more standin' along the side walls

Now I've got myself together, baby

And I'm havin' a ball

Long as you prove it