Isn't it obvious now?

Peters was very good indeed. But CV had to coach him thru the game on every play... not sure I want to trust him to make his own decisions in a big game.

I think the future OL looks like this:

Peters - NEW GUARD - Preston - Villareal - Williams

next year we'll have another new LG

Peters-Gandy-Teague-Villareal-Iron Mike ?

or, at the very least,

Gandy-Preston-Teague-Villareal-Mike the Coward ?

Time to bench Bennie, and I think Gandy belongs at guard.  Shore up the line just a bit, and this is a much better team.

491468[/snapback]

!@#$ Teague.

Peters-Gandy-Preston-CV-MW

Bennie definately needs to go. Any coaching willing to stick with him at this point should be considered incompetent. I don't think he'll get cut simply because depth is an issue, but he cannot start another game as a Bill.

IMHO, the starting o-line against K.C. should be:

Peters-Gandy-Teague-Villareal-Williams

And then, when Williams gets his bi-weekly hang-nail:

Teague-Gandy-Preston-Villareal-Peters

or Peters-Gandy-Preston-Villareal-Teague

Well you can hardly say it is not true. It was on the TV coverage last night.

491558[/snapback]

:lol:

Didn't I also hear last night Bruschi won the game on his own last night (despite the fact that he failed to make one impact play) and is a real American hero?

:angry:

Or try this line:

Gandy, Baby Mike, Preston, Vill., Peters.

Yes, put the overgrown child at left guard. He's to damn slow to play tackle anyway maybe with his size and strength he can be an average guard.

I liked what Peters did last night. now is the time to try different combo's because they are not going to the play-offs.

Well you can hardly say it is not true. It was on the TV coverage last night.

491558[/snapback]

Teague didn't get the job done in the 4th quarter. McGahee needed some tough yards up the middle to sustain some drives, and Teague was too busy getting manhandled to help out. That 4th quarter performance last night was the epitome of the Trey Teague saga at C - inconsistent at the worst moments.

Peters did OK but was beaten badly several times, especially by McGinnest late. Still, he did do decently for his first start. Give him a few more.

Bennie's ability to pull out and pick up the outside blitzer was non-existent - he whiffed just about every time he tried.

Let's look at Geisinger at OLG.

Gandy let Covin talk right in on the sack and fumble. That play WAS the game. I say put in Peters and Preston.

491592[/snapback]

I still don't think Gandy is nearly as bad as Anderson and Teague. His skills seem better suited for G (IMO). Move him inside at LG, and he may prove competent.

But yes, I agree he's not getting the job done at LT. Well he is at times, but that's because we've got a TE and FB helping him out... :angry: .