Scariest all time movie

An heroic tale when all is said and done. :doh:

488925[/snapback]

The scene where Liam Neeson (Schindler) breaks down in front of Ben Kingsley is perhaps one of the greatest, most moving scenes in the history of film. I will never forget how I reacted to that......nor will I ever forget weeping uncontrollably at the end of the film when the real life survivors walked past the gravesites of those who perished. Everyone should see this film.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor will I ever forget weeping uncontrollably at the end of the film when the real life survivors walked past the gravesites of those who perished. Everyone should see this film.....

489063[/snapback]

I was planning on it, but apparently I now know the ending. :doh:

Exorcist remains the scariest to me because I was very young when it was released, had grown up attending the Catholic church, and was stunned with what they were getting away with.

A nod to Poltergiest. I believe that's the flick where, at one point, one of the guys was washing his face, looked in the mirror, saw a little mark on his face, rubbed it and then started pulling off pieces of flesh.

</shudder>

thats a disturbing film.  but not as disturbing as You Got Served

489086[/snapback]

I try to stay away from movies as obviously terrorizing as Daddy Day Care and You Got Served. I know my limits.

I was planning on it, but apparently I now know the ending. :doh:

489079[/snapback]

lol :doh:

Hey, I sent you a PM about projector screens a while back....you ever get it? Have you ever heard of 'Screen Goo'??

I can't believe this has not been mentioned yet. The scariest (and most well done) horror film is "The Shining." That movie gets into your head!

If anyone sees it soon look at how Kubrick uses geometry as a visual theme. Incredible film.

489083[/snapback]

Agreed.

I can't believe this has not been mentioned yet. The scariest (and most well done) horror film is "The Shining." That movie gets into your head!

If anyone sees it soon look at how Kubrick uses geometry as a visual theme. Incredible film.

489083[/snapback]

damn i forgot about the Shining. Great movie! All work and no posting on TBS makes Jack a dull boy...

The Bills Super Bowl Highlights.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

488857[/snapback]

For someone with 33 posts, you sure do time them well.. :angry:

Ok, for me, the top scary movie is something that stayed with you and creeps you out for days afterwards. So, here's my list:

Jaws - scared of the water for months.

The Blair Witch Project - I kept seeing that guy crouching in the corner in my dark room... shudder

Nightmare on Elm Street - Anything that gets you while you're sleeping.. is no good.

The Ring - Just a well made creepy movie.

And Ramius, I love poktergiest, but it didnt creep me out for days afterwards. Still a great movie.

I was visiting New Orleans a few years ago. Ramius, my GF, and I went into this art gallery and found some paintings by Robert Cook. Well this one inp articular creeped us out. I loved the way it was creepy. What do you guys think?

Six of One

My key is those movies that keep me thinking afterwards and cause more fright

1. The Ring...I refuse to watch the ring 2. It scared the crap out of me.

2. Dawn of the Dead..yeah, it couldn't happen...I think...but don't waste time on Land of the Dead. It was horrible.

3. Saw....freaky and possible