For Realists Only

Red Dragon

Big problem...No DT on the list?

We do not need LB's or DE's  We need 2 unmovable DT's on defense. I also would say a high quality CB on D.

As for the O we need quality lineman and a TE,TE,TE,TE,TE,TE do you get the point?

487189[/snapback]

With their second draft selection in 05, the Bills already drafted a TE, TE, TE, TE, TE, TE.

He has been inactive for 8 weeks and running, along with the guy drafted ahead of him, our 160 lb. WR, WR, WR, WR, WR, WR.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

1. Matt Leinart, QB Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

3. Reggie Bush*, RB USC

4. A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

5. Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State

6. Laurence Maroney* RB Minnesota

7. Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

8. Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

9. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

10. DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

11. Ahmad Brooks*, LB Virginia

12. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

See anyone you like? It looks a little thin at WR, so maybe a back-up running back will be the choice for good ole' Donahoe. Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

486198[/snapback]

lets play the season first

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

486198[/snapback]

Sorry but the season is too short for me to have off season conversations in October. :doh:

College draft is true gambling.  Todd Collins was great at Michigan.  JP who hopefully will learn from all this was great at Tulane.  And who can forget Ron Dayne, the Heisman winner.  Bills should trade any first round pick and get multiple 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for them.  The Team always seems to have better luck with non 1st round picks recently.

487514[/snapback]

Then using those multiple 2nd round picks should pick high-motor DEs....

I just love the way thread titles like "For Realists Only" pretty much guarantee the person starting the thread is as delusional as is possible.

It's October, you numbskull.  Football's not over yet.  Hell, college football's not over yet, and you've already declared BOTH seasons over and are rating the draft.

486203[/snapback]

Given our lack of a run defense what else is there to hope for this year? Every team we play for the rest of the year is going to pound the ball at us and be successful. Can you honestly see a way out of that? We lost 2.5 (Milloy is half a player with only one hand) key players from our defense. That defense was SUPPOSED to be the lynch pin of the team. News flash, the lynch pin has been pulled out. We don't have the o-line or QB to play in shootouts and we aren't going to shut anybody down. Result...losses...lots of them.

486198[/snapback]

I'll admit the Bills are having a poor season up to this point.. But your post for "realists" is just plain stupid.... There is over half a season to play yet. How do you consider yourself a Bills fan??? Stick out the season..

Good night..

Good Grief.

I cannot believe all the shots on this post.

Although it is easy to take offense at the "realist" jab, looking towards the draft is not a sign that everyone is waving the white flag.

Personally, I like to look at the next draft to see if there is depth there for things that the Bills look like they need. This year in particular, there appear to be a very good number of solid, impact-type defensive tackles. Guys that can stop the run, occupy blockers, and collapse the pocket. The draft is also deep with O-Line talent.

Just like last year was a virtual feast for drafting running backs, or getting them through free-agency, this year is a boon for teams looking to improve both sides of the line.

Let's hope ol' Whitey wheels and deals himself into a fistfull of high-round draft choices this year. The Travis Henry deal already netted us a cool third rounder.

I just love the way thread titles like "For Realists Only" pretty much guarantee the person starting the thread is as delusional as is possible.

486203[/snapback]

As delusional as possible? You make it sound like Red Dragon must be doing some kind of drugs to have come to the conclusion that the Bills won't be piling up the wins against the likes of San Diego, New England, etc.

Your eagerness to hand out plenty of insults apparently got the better of you.

Just like last year was a virtual feast for drafting running backs, or getting them through free-agency, this year is a boon for teams looking to improve both sides of the line.

489312[/snapback]

Why improve the line when the skill positions are so exciting? TD could use his first round pick on an offensive skill position player--a QB or RB or WR or something. The second round pick could be used on a high motor white DE. The third round pick could be used on a very fast TE or WR or something. The fourth round pick could be for a guy who will spend his career as a backup LB. By the fifth or sixth round you should start looking for the next Dylan McFarland. Round off the draft by looking for a RB, or else a guy who can return punts and kicks.

Why improve the line when the skill positions are so exciting? TD could use his first round pick on an offensive skill position player--a QB or RB or WR or something. The second round pick could be used on a high motor white DE. The third round pick could be used on a very fast TE or WR or something. The fourth round pick could be for a guy who will spend his career as a backup LB. By the fifth or sixth round you should start looking for the next Dylan McFarland. Round off the draft by looking for a RB, or else a guy who can return punts and kicks.

489534[/snapback]

Ya know what I think you summed up TD in a nushell there. I agree with you 100%.