I SURE DO LIKE SWEET POTATO CHIPS

Have you ever had sweet potato fries?  Those are nasty.  They serve them at Burgerville about this time every year.

486274[/snapback]

I'm down with it. As long as they don't have too much of the greasy. Gotta salt the sh-- out of them. Yum is the word.

Have you ever had sweet potato fries?  Those are nasty.  They serve them at Burgerville about this time every year.

486274[/snapback]

I'm with you. I despise sweet potato fries. Actually, I'm a sworn enemy of the yam and sweet potato. (I'm not on good terms with the chick pea, either...but, that's for another thread.)

:w00t:

486274[/snapback]

sweet potato fries are great, so long as they have butter and honey...figure that, i like the fries, but hate yams and baked sweet potatoes...

I do a bourbon and molasses pork tenderloin that is finished with very thinly grated deep fried sweet potato. They have to be done thin and crispy.

But, nothing like a good quality sweet potato rubbed in bacon grease, rolled in coarse salt, wrapped in heavy foil and baked on a charcoal grill. Mash up the insides with butter, salt and pepper.

A different starch to go with a steak.

Sweet potatoes last a long time in storage if you keep them in a wicker basket for good air circulation and will keep you alive over a harsh winter.

Turnips will too, but sweet potatoes taste better.

486420[/snapback]

Kept you alive during those harsh winters? Did you have to plow the fields in the winter too? Burrrrrrrrr :)

Kept you alive during those harsh winters?  Did you have to plow the fields in the winter too? Burrrrrrrrr :lol:

486422[/snapback]

No. But I got shipped out to the family farm in indentured servitude for several summers.

The farm ceased to exist because it was emminetly (sp?) domained by NYS.

I wouldn't trade those days and memories for anything... :)

sweet potato fries are great, so long as they have butter and honey...figure that, i like the fries, but hate yams and baked sweet potatoes...

486316[/snapback]

Hmmm, haven't tried them with butter and honey. Might actually be good. I like sweet potatoes and yams but when you deep-fry them something happens to the flavor.

Hmmm, haven't tried them with butter and honey.  Might actually be good.  I like sweet potatoes and yams but when you deep-fry them something happens to the flavor.

486512[/snapback]

I can vouche for the honey. In terms of the butter, I'm pretty sure that work as I love butter and pepper on regularly prepared sweet potatoes/yams.