DID BUFFALO INTERVIEW WEIS ?

Talonz

Did ole whitey interview Charlie Weis before hiring Mularkey? If so, good thing they didn't hire em eh? <_<

How long does Mularkey have left on his contract?

Would Notre Dame swap coaches, QB's, offensive lines, and defenses? :lol:

Would Notre Dame swap coaches, QB's, offensive lines, and defenses? :lol:

484176[/snapback]

QB? No way, Brady Quinn is the man!

OL? That's probably a wash....although ND's works better as a unit

D? ND will keep their rush defense but could use McGee and Nate in the secondary.

<_<

I think about that question all the time as I watch Notre Dame on Saturdays.

Say what you want about the guy but his players play like they belong with the very best. Watch that USC game for proof. He's got them believing and playing pretty darn well. Imagine what they'll do when he gets his draft class in there.

He's turned around Brady Quinn's career, that's for sure. Last year Quinn showed flashes of potential but nothing to the extent of what he's done this year. The playcalling is wonderful, in my opinion. They also take advantage of their big receiver, who has also blossomed this year. They run a lot of plays that just make sense. No outsmarting their opponents with tricks.

I always wonder if he wouldve been able to do the same with this Bills team.

he was one of the 'finalists considered'...then again, so was marvin lewis back when gregg williams was hired..so hey, at least we dont have to feel guilty about that one too!!

edit - guilty...or stupid..or deceived..

484208[/snapback]

I seem to remember Lewis didn't get hired because he didn't want to come -- Something about the Buffalo schools not black enough or something like that, at least according to Lewis's wife..

I seem to remember Lewis didn't get hired because he didn't want to come -- Something about the Buffalo schools not black enough or something like that, at least according to Lewis's wife..

484219[/snapback]

he made those comments AFTER he was rejected by TD.........sour grapes me thinks

Weis has said on the record that he was interivewed. Weis said he wasn't hired because he would told TD he wanted to get rid of Bledsoe immediately. TD said no and that was that. Of course, a year and a half later, Bledsoe is throwing backbreaking picks for someone else and Weis is bringing greatness to what was a medicore program.

TD should be fired for this single mistake.

484356[/snapback]

What makes it hard to post after these beatings is that it is damn near impossible not to flame people for moronic statements.

So, because Charlie Weiss is having success in COLLEGE - Tom Donahoe needs to be fired? :lol: Why not Pete Carroll? He's having a lot of success. He coached in the NFL. Why aren't you clamoring for him? Steve Spurrier? Bob Stoops? C'mon, be consistent. Who else is having COLLEGE success that should cause NFL GM's/Coaches to be fired?

How in the world does one make that leap of logic?

484219[/snapback]

I think that was one of your Freudian slips revealing your racism. He said that Buffalo schools are terrible, which is objectively true. Had nothing to do with not being "black enough." Jeez.

I think that was one of your Freudian slips revealing your racism. He said that Buffalo schools are terrible, which is objectively true. Had nothing to do with not being "black enough." Jeez.

484387[/snapback]

No, sorry race was an issue. Not for me, but for Lewis's wife. Unless they lied on WGR about it???

Weis has said on the record that he was interivewed. Weis said he wasn't hired because he would told TD he wanted to get rid of Bledsoe immediately. TD said no and that was that. Of course, a year and a half later, Bledsoe is throwing backbreaking picks for someone else and Weis is bringing greatness to what was a medicore program.

484356[/snapback]

Hey scribo,

Do you have asource on this? it would really help me in an argument. Thanks

What makes it hard to post after these beatings is that it is damn near impossible not to flame people for moronic statements.

So, because Charlie Weiss is having success in COLLEGE - Tom Donahoe needs to be fired?  :lol:  Why not Pete Carroll?  He's having a lot of success.  He coached in the NFL. Why aren't you clamoring for him?  Steve Spurrier?  Bob Stoops?  C'mon, be consistent.  Who else is having COLLEGE success that should cause NFL GM's/Coaches to be fired?

How in the world does one make that leap of logic?

484369[/snapback]

No, Tom Donahoe needs to be fired because he chose to hand the team over to another guy who has been out-coached regularly since he was hired. Damn it, he was schooled this week by Norv Freaking Turner.

Weis had plenty of success in the NFL as an assitant. A lot more success, in my opinion, than Mularkey ever had. Now, Weis has quickly established a very good team modeled very much after the two-time defending World Champs.

I believe each of the guys you mentioned made their reputations in college -- not in the NFL as Weis did. Yeah, Carroll had some time in the NFL, but he'd be a nobody if it wasn't for college ball. So, I am not sure where the "consistent" comment comes from.

I think it is obvious that Donahoe picked the wrong guy, and such a mistake should cost him his job. If you don't see that, then so be it. I wonder if you think MM was the right choice, or if you think it is too early (23 games into his tenure) to tell?

But my comment was far from "moranic."

The Bills only has a size 50 Bills blazer for the press conference. Weis was too fat so Mularkey was a quick replacement and filled out the blazer nicely.

484426[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe an NFL owner would've wanted Weis to be the face of the franchise if he wasn't such a fat bastard. He's better off at Notre Dame where he can pad his legacy with wins over sad Big 10 schools and BYU and Navy. This guy is the savior without a relevant win yet...

The playcalling is wonderful, in my opinion. They also take advantage of their big receiver, who has also blossomed this year. They run a lot of plays that just make sense. No outsmarting their opponents with tricks.

I always wonder if he wouldve been able to do the same with this Bills team.

484201[/snapback]

Talking to my Steeler friends at work, that is exactly what they said the

difference between MM plays and the play calling of the current OC Wisenhunt..

Wisenhunt simplified the plays and removed all the gadget plays and has

run the ball down the throat of the offense 67% everytime in a game and then

let loose his rookie QB when they needed to make plays....Having a veteran

WR who is behind his QB all the time helps.....

The steelers were 6-10 the last season with MM and have lost 1 and 2 games

in the enxt two seasons....I am not saying Wisenhunt is the sole reason for

the steelers fortunes...but is part of the overall solution to the puzzle.

Talking to my Steeler friends at work, that is exactly what they said the

difference between MM plays and the play calling of the current OC Wisenhunt..

Wisenhunt simplified the plays and removed all the gadget plays and has

run the ball down the throat of the offense 67% everytime in a game and then

let loose his rookie QB when they needed to make plays....Having a veteran

WR who is behind his QB all the time helps.....

The steelers were 6-10 the last season with MM and have lost 1 and 2 games

in the enxt two seasons....I am not saying Wisenhunt is the sole reason for

the steelers fortunes...but is part of the overall solution to the puzzle.

484702[/snapback]

I mostly agree...But Big Ben was a Grand Slam Home Run Draft Pick, and I don't think anyone (even the Steelers) expected that...At least not as fast as it happened...