Holcomb RIPS his o-line

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com/conte...s.asp?sport=NFL

Kelly Holcomb blamed his offensive line for the Bills woes all season.

"We had some protection problems. Their defensive line put some pressure on us. I don't think I've ever been hit so much. Even after the play was over, I was getting hit.'' While he's speaking the truth, it's not a great idea for a QB to abuse his O-line publicly.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"We had some protection problems. Their defensive line put some pressure on us. I don't think I've ever been hit so much. Even after the play was over, I was getting hit.'' While he's speaking the truth, it's not a great idea for a QB to abuse his O-line publicly.

484114[/snapback]

i wouldnt block for his ass anymore, thats all this team needs

I say it's about time they get ripped by the qb, they've only sucked ass for the last five years.

Kelly, I've got some news for you. Your gonna have to put up with it one more week than you can head back to the safety of the bench.

484114[/snapback]

The o-line does deserve a little blame. I mean the pressure right up the middle was constant and Holcomb did take a beating. He probably got hit 80 percent of his pass attempts. Holcomb should have also criticized the coaching. RUN THE BALL.

Our o-line can run block better than they can pass block. We have the 4th leading rusher in the NFL. I beg the coaches no matter what before the game say hey we will be patient and we will not get pass happy and give Willis ATLEAST 28 rushes every single week.

484114[/snapback]

Well, honestly, what did everyone expect? This is a team that had high expectations. It's just about time for every thing to fall apart at the seems, methinks. Let 'em call out the O-line. What the hell's it going to hurt?

I don't have any problem with QB ripping his line. Jim Kelly used to do it during his first couple of seasons with Buffalo until the o-line figured out that Kelly really wanted to win games for a change. The critism is justified, but blame is not limited to the o-line. The greatest defense on earth couldn't stop an average running back today. The greatest RB on earth couldn't do much today. Imagine that -- having the greatest defense on earth and the greatest RB on earth and we still can't win. Now, why is that exactly?

484114[/snapback]

JP took the same hits....and was punished for being quiet...he lost his job

Guest BackInDaDay
JP took the same hits....and was punished for being quiet...he lost his job

484182[/snapback]

... and you can bet that Mularkey, by way of Donahoe, will hang that same threat over Kelly's head if continues to publicly criticize the 'on the cheap' O-line.

Hey Mike, how does it feel to be TD's butt-boy? I lost all respect for this guy after he let the old man and his henchman smoke his young QB. Screw these guys! This team is the worst hands I can remember, and I've got a long memory.

484114[/snapback]

I was wondering why bb.com didn't have the post game interviews...

Guest BackInDaDay
I was wondering why bb.com didn't have the post game interviews...

484196[/snapback]

Technical difficulties.

The QB's being difficult, and TD needs to get 'technical' on his a$$!

... and you can bet that Mularkey, by way of Donahoe, will hang that same threat over Kelly's head if continues to publicly criticize the 'on the cheap' O-line.

Hey Mike, how does it feel to be TD's butt-boy?  I lost all respect for this guy after he let the old man and his henchman smoke his young QB.  Screw these guys!  This team is the worst hands I can remember, and I've got a long memory.

484192[/snapback]

I feel the same as you with the respect deal,,,,,mularkey stated this in his ask the coach column this week about changing qt back ......the answer to the question from mularkey was "and thats why the decision to change qtback CAME DOWN"...........

Not that big a deal IMO.  I saw the Jets press conference last week and Vinny essentially said the same thing; and our pass-rush wasn't even as good as the Raiders this week.

484210[/snapback]

I just heard/saw the quote on TV. He seemed more focused on talking about how good their D-Line was rather than "ripping" his O-Line. Rather matter-of-fact in his commentary.