The GREATEST Defense Ever and Best RB

phypon

To be fair to Willis...didn't our OC Clements abandon the run after the first drive?  I thought the idea was to give Willis 25-30 touches?  I think today's total was 16, half on the first drive.

PTR

483778[/snapback]

Yep. TC sucks.

PromoTheRobot,

I'm not sure about the stats on his touches today, but I did see a lot of east/west and not enough power north/not south running today.

They did try to pass to him late in the game, but I do not want to see him smiling when the game is over and lost when he did not come anywhere near jordan's numbers and still talk the talk of being the best before this game.

Maybe we'd be better off is this team just said the are the last in the league in everything? Just like the bizzaro episode with George from Seinfeld and then maybe we'd win?

Maybe Willis should let his stats do the talking....oh, there would be silence . I think that its time for Mularky to go yell at Willis again and tell him to hit the holes. That he should win something before saying he is the best... a rushing title, a Super Bowl or maybe just a road game.

He has a lot of potential, we love him....but keep working, he'll get there, but he's not there yet.

To be fair to Willis...didn't our OC Clements abandon the run after the first drive?  I thought the idea was to give Willis 25-30 touches?  I think today's total was 16, half on the first drive.

PTR

483778[/snapback]

How do you give a guy 25-30 touches when he is missing holes, showing no burst, and gaining NOTHING? Geez guys, you can't keep handing him the ball when he accomplishes nothing, we gave it to him 19 times!

How do you give a guy 25-30 touches when he is missing holes, showing no burst, and gaining NOTHING?  Geez guys, you can't keep handing him the ball when he accomplishes nothing, we gave it to him 19 times!

484113[/snapback]

Well the theory is that an RB needs to get into a rhythm. Also the constant pounding will wear out the D-line. Not saying that would have happened, just that it's the conventional thinking.

PTR

PTR

483778[/snapback]

No, you're just not getting the big picture. You see, Mularkey suggested to Willis that he should run his mouth about how great he is. That way, the Raiders will get all keyed up and plan their game around doing just one thing - stopping Willis. And then, of course we will do the opposite of what they expect, which will catch them so off guard we'll just blow them out of the water with our passing game. It's always a good idea to keep the opposing team off guard. It's how you win in this league!

PTR

483778[/snapback]

gimme a break promo. the raiders have good dts and can stop the run. our running game wasn't working, and they were banged up in the secondary. our short passing game was working (19-27, no ints, 2 td passes), and if we had scored from the one we would have scored at least 21 points in that game. that usually wins for you in the nfl as long as the defense is decent. the bills defense wasn't today.