Speaking of betting/gambling/wagering

stevestojan

I'd keep away from Week 2 bets...every team got a chance to see the opposing starters in week 1, some players were held out because of pre-season injuries, the staffs need to digest what they did right/wrong and hope that their solutions to problems/faults are correct, some players get nagging but unreported nicks because of the 1st week of meaningful contact.

FWIW, week 3 is a better time to bet when things are better sorted out a bit.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how my fan club( _bib_ and KRC) came to this thread in lightining fashion.

Alaska Darrin, you're the third member, you're a little late here.

I'll be at the Arz game to sign autographs for you guys. The only thing i wont ink is man-boobs. All else is fine.

Damn, that was a quick reversal.

35073[/snapback]

Not so much a quick reversal as I just thought about the Bills losing by 2. The bills lose by two, i lose, the bills lose, and then i would be fugging furious.

The point is, i think the Bills are going to lose. I do. Sorry. And i figured I could ease the paid a little with some cash.

Or, if they won outright and I lost the bet, $50 is a small price to pay for a Bills win...

That's all.

Signed,

SteveStojan, your leader.

you would be throwing your money out the window. while the bills are from the best team in the league, i do not see this game as being close. the bills should and will trounce the raiders this weekend. a smarter bet would be to take the bills and the 3. money inda bank!

After looking at all the games this week, does anyone else think that a solid bet would be Oak - 3?

Now before you jump all over me, I am talking purly financially and gambling wise. I would NEVER root against the bills, and I have never bet against them before.

The thing is (and in my crazy mind my reasoning would be) is that if i bet them, and they do end up losing (and I win my bet), at least the loss hurts a little less. And if i bet them and the Bills win, sure i lose $50, but the Bills win, so who cares.

That, and the fact that I think this would be a solid bet.

I really dont think I'll do it, and please don't respond saying Im not a Bills fan, blah, blah, crap.

I am a Bills fan, Im here every fugging day, Im just wondering if you looked at this and said "we're only getting 3?" like i did...

35045[/snapback]

I love how my fan club( _bib_ and KRC) came to this thread in lightining fashion.

35147[/snapback]

Fan club? Someone is overvaluing their importance in my life. Why the hell would I care at all about you?

steve,

jeff cameron the local sports radio guy, does a on the air betting session every thursday for the weekends college and NFL games...but if you call to bet with him, you bet a food item, and then all the food goes to the soup kitchen (yesterday someone bet 2 boxes of mac and cheese, a box of cereal, etc)...

but he said the raiders -3 was a no brainer...if we had power i woulda called and bet some spaghetti-o's on the bills tho

35117[/snapback]

Ramius, how'd you fair with Ivan? I cant get in touch with my sister, who lives about 30 miles north of Tally.

Fan club? Someone is overvaluing their importance in my life. Why the hell would I care at all about you?

35167[/snapback]

Why would you care about me at all? That's what i wondered for days and days. I wondered the same for _bib_ and Alaskan Darrin.

"Why would these guys care about me at all?"

I couldnt figure it out. Yet every time i posted something that wasnt "Go Bills" or "How is our Oline coming along" for the billionth time on this board, you three were there to rip apart what I had to say, or better yet, rip me apart.

So, I just took the obvious conclusion is that you three like me so much, you choose to follow me around the board.

See?

Your Leader,

SteveStojan

Not so much a quick reversal as I just thought about the Bills losing by 2. The bills lose by two, i lose, the bills lose, and then i would be fugging furious.

The point is, i think the Bills are going to lose. I do. Sorry. And i figured I could ease the paid a little with some cash.

Or, if they won outright and I lost the bet, $50 is a small price to pay for a Bills win...

That's all.

Signed,

SteveStojan, your leader.

35154[/snapback]

If it is such a solid bet (as you mentioned in your original post), and you wanted to place the bet, why the hell did you backtrack and say that you would never bet against the Bills? 16 friggin minutes to do a 180. Nice backbone there, Sparky.

Just an FYI for you. If you want to pretend to be a leader, you actually need to show some semblence of leadership qualities.

If it is such a solid bet (as you mentioned in your original post), and you wanted to place the bet, why the hell did you backtrack and say that you would never bet against the Bills? 16 friggin minutes to do a 180. Nice backbone there, Sparky.

Just an FYI for you. If you want to pretend to be a leader, you actually need to show some semblence of leadership qualities.

35183[/snapback]

I still do think its a great bet. Just didnt want the improbable of a bills loss by one or two (thus i lose money and Im heartbroken) to happen. Its called compromise. That's how i lead. Through compromise. Im a "player's coach" if you will. Didn't you get the SteveStojan Fan Club Welcome Kit? It explained ALL of this already.

Your leader,

SteveStojan

Why would you care about me at all? That's what i wondered for days and days. I wondered the same for _bib_ and Alaskan Darrin.

"Why would these guys care about me at all?"

I couldnt figure it out. Yet every time i posted something that wasnt "Go Bills" or "How is our Oline coming along" for the billionth time on this board, you three were there to rip apart what I had to say, or better yet, rip me apart.

So, I just took the obvious conclusion is that you three like me so much, you choose to follow me around the board.

See?

Your Leader,

SteveStojan

35180[/snapback]

Now I know that you have completely lost your mind. I make one reponse to your post, and you automatically think that I am stalking you? Grow up, man. Start acting like an adult.

I couldn't care less if you said the Bills were going to lose. If you would stop posting so much, and start actually reading the posts, you would realize that I was only addressing the 180 of wanting to make a solid bet against the Bills to saying that you would never bet against the Bills in a matter of 16 friggin minutes.

Read more, post less.

35167[/snapback]

Fan club? Probably wouldn't have wasted the time, but T-Bone's still shivering in a closet somewhere. Just some of the stevestojan you post is pretty amazing. A day by day blow by blow of stevestojan life. The hope is, that maybe you'll start to catch on.

I still do think its a great bet. Just didnt want the improbable of a bills loss by one or two (thus i lose money and Im heartbroken) to happen.  Its called compromise. That's how i lead. Through compromise. Im a "player's coach" if you will.  Didn't you get the SteveStojan Fan Club Welcome Kit? It explained ALL of this already.

Your leader,

SteveStojan

35188[/snapback]

S-hit: I want to place this bet.

Bookie: No you don't.

S-hit: Ok, I don't.

Yup, true leadership.

Now I know that you have completely lost your mind. I make one reponse to your post, and you automatically think that I am stalking you? Grow up, man. Start acting like an adult.

I couldn't care less if you said the Bills were going to lose. If you would stop posting so much, and start actually reading the posts, you would realize that I was only addressing the 180 of wanting to make a solid bet against the Bills to saying that you would never bet against the Bills in a matter of 16 friggin minutes.

Read more, post less.

35189[/snapback]

and I explained my 180. The fact that, though unlikely, the Bills could lose by 2 or 1 would negate any positive of coming out of that bet.

"Grow Up"? "Start acting like an adult"?

I have plenty of time to do that later. Right now, posting on a Bills message board, chatting with cool people (taterhill, EZC, ICE, Thailog, AussieW, cablelady, RRich, etc, etc - the people who know how to take me), laughing about some of the reactions i get from a few of you, and drinking beers watching the games is how I choose to live. When I want to "grow up" and be an old wet rag like you, I'll let ya know. You can give me some pointers.

Your Leader,

stevestojan

Fan club? Probably wouldn't have wasted the time, but T-Bone's still shivering in a closet somewhere. Just some of the stevestojan you post is pretty amazing. A day by day blow by blow of stevestojan life. The hope is, that maybe you'll start to catch on.

35190[/snapback]

hey _bib_ SteveStojan fanclub member #1, can you fill KRC in on the rules and conduct of the club? He seems lost. Maybe he fell asleep during our meeting.

Go Bills! (+3)

Your Leader,

stevestojan

and I explained my 180. The fact that, though unlikely, the Bills could lose by 2 or 1 would negate any positive of coming out of that bet. 

But you could not think of that BEFORE you posted? A little slow, aren't you?

"Grow Up"?  "Start acting like an adult"?

I have plenty of time to do that later. Right now, posting on a Bills message board, chatting with cool people (taterhill, EZC, ICE, Thailog, AussieW, cablelady, RRich, etc, etc - the people who know how to take me), laughing about some of the reactions i get from a few of you,  and drinking beers watching the games is how I choose to live. When I want to "grow up" and be an old wet rag like you, I'll let ya know. You can give me some pointers.

Your Leader,

stevestojan

35196[/snapback]

Oh, noooooo. I am not cool like you. How will I ever sleep tonight?

I have a rule to never wager on Bills games. It takes the fun out of it.

35198[/snapback]

Yeah, it does suck. Especially LAST WEEK. I took the Bills -3.5

So, the last catch sucked the wind out of me as a Bills fan, and then I realized I also lost $100. Now THAT sucked.

That was really the whole point here. I figured if i tested the waters, bet AGAINST the Bills, but of course still rooted for them to win, its really a no lose situation.

The lose, at least i made a few $$$.

They win, I lose $50, but hey, the BILLS WON!

But, the chance of both happening scared me out of it.

I think if there is ever a game where the line is even up, I may bet against them. Just to test my theory.

Now, Im off to send personal invites to a few people here who still don't understand what I am saying above.

I'd keep away from Week 2 bets...every team got a chance to see the opposing starters in week 1,  some players were held out because of pre-season injuries, the staffs need to digest what they did right/wrong and hope that their solutions to problems/faults are correct, some players get nagging but unreported nicks because of the 1st week of meaningful contact.

FWIW, week 3 is a better time to bet when things are better sorted out a bit.

35126[/snapback]

That does make good sense...

I definitely cut back on the $$$ this week.

But you could not think of that BEFORE you posted? A little slow, aren't you?

Oh, noooooo. I am not cool like you. How will I ever sleep tonight?

35203[/snapback]

1) A little slow?

me guess so. me really no think about that. Then me did. Sorry, me furgott a bout that.

2) Not being cool like me? Don't worry about it. That's what the FanClub is all about.

Your Leader

SteveStojan

Man, when are you just gonna stop? Do you realize the fun I'm having here? !!