Places in WNY to take an out-of-towner

stevestojan

I have a friend from Florida coming up to visit next week. Obviously, she wants to go to the Falls, but after that, I'm stuck... If you had a first timer to WNY, where are some places you would take them?

I know most will say "there's nothing to do in Buffalo", but any tips would be much appreiated.

(By the way, we are going right from the airport to Anchor Bar for some real wings, so I already have that covered :rolleyes: )

I have a friend from Florida coming up to visit next week. Obviously, she wants to go to the Falls, but after that, I'm stuck... If you had a first timer to WNY, where are some places you would take them?

I know most will say "there's nothing to do in Buffalo", but any tips would be much appreiated.

(By the way, we are going right from the airport to Anchor Bar for some real wings, so I already have that covered :rolleyes: )

482019[/snapback]

You can never go wrong at the Canadian Ballet....

Or try Niagara on the lake when you do the falls

Chippewa for Saturday night

Elmwood stroll, Allentown

Albright Knox Art Gallery

Frank Lloyd Wright homes Darwin House

Mansions on Delaware Ave, Delaware park.....

Thats just off the top of my head

You can never go wrong at the Canadian Ballet....

Or try Niagara on the lake when you do the falls

Chippewa for Saturday night

Elmwood stroll, Allentown

Albright Knox Art Gallery

Frank Lloyd Wright homes Darwin House

Mansions on Delaware Ave, Delaware park.....

Thats just off the top of my head

482035[/snapback]

Thanks Guff... Albright Knox is a great one. She works for a museum, so she's into that crap... I live off of Elmwood, so I ill be showing her that area (hopefully it won't be too freaking cold).

Oh, and the Candian Ballet might not work out real well, but thanks for the tip! :rolleyes:

My wife and I went up to Toronto for a day. Drove up in the morning, went to the Ontario science museum, looked around downtown Toronto, had dinner, then saw Blue Man Group at night. We left at around 8am, and got back at about midnight. It was a BLAST.

Not really WNY, but still something cool to do. I bet the drive would be awesome this time of the year too wich all the colors changing.

CW

482019[/snapback]

As a former tour guide in Niagara Falls, I'll suggest this...go on the Maid of the Mist. Trust me on this...it is easily one of the best values for the $ anywhere and is very enjoyable. You can board on either the US or the Canadian side.

Niagara-on-the-Lake is nice if she is a refined lady.

Niagara Falls Ontario has a ton of stuff to do depending on her (and your) interests. Floral Clock...Butterfly Gardens (or something like that)...make a day of it!

Butterfly Gardens (or something like that).

Just don't take Mapquest's directions for the Butterly thing. We tried to go see that, but ended up in some residential area. Couldn't find any signs for it anywhere, so we gave up and continued up to Toronto. :rolleyes:

CW

As a former tour guide in Niagara Falls, I'll suggest this...go on the Maid of the Mist.  Trust me on this...it is easily one of the best values for the $ anywhere and is very enjoyable.  You can board on either the US or the Canadian side.

Niagara-on-the-Lake is nice if she is a refined lady.

Niagara Falls Ontario has a ton of stuff to do depending on her (and your) interests.  Floral Clock...Butterfly Gardens (or something like that)...make a day of it!

482047[/snapback]

Maid of the Mist's last launch is this tuesday unfortunately...

I'll obviously be taking her to the Canadian side of the Falls, but you think there's enough to do to fill up a whole day (or afternoon at least).

And yes, she's a refined lady, which is why I'm still shocked she hangs out with me..

Oh, and since I haven't been to Canada since moving back from FLA, I don't need anything besides my license to cross the border now, do I?

(Strike anyone else as funny that every suggestion on what do to in Buffalo involves leaiving the country?)

Oh, and since I haven't been to Canada since moving back from FLA, I don't need anything besides my license to cross the border now, do I?

You shouldn't, although if you have a passport, I'd bring it just in case.

When we crossed the border, they never even looked at our IDs (both leaving and coming back).

CW

When we crossed the border, they never even looked at our IDs (both leaving and coming back).

CW

482059[/snapback]

I find that disturbing.

Steve, I haven't been up there in years, but I do remember how pretty it was to drive down into the hills, maybe hit some nice eating spot with a good view. Change of scenery, what's the highest elevation in Florida? 12 feet? Sure, do the Falls and Canada, but you know how to do a nice wine and dine, too. Just a thought, nothing wrong with a mellow day and turning leaves.

CW

482059[/snapback]

If they check you're supposed to have 2 forms of ID, I think. I cary my birth certificate. That with a license is good.

Perhaps Fezmid doesn't look all that Islamic.

482159[/snapback]

Even with a fez on?

No I'm never gonna do it without the fez on

Oh no

Oh no

That's what I am

Please understand

I wanna be your holy man

Oh no

Ain't never gonna do it without the fez on

Oh no

That's what I am

Please understand

I wanna be your holy man

Oh no

Don't make me do it without the fez on

Oh no

That's what I am please understand

I have a friend ...

482019[/snapback]

You can stop right there. Obvioulsy the rest of this post is pure bull, just like blue and gold jerseys. :rolleyes: Haha ... JK.

» Chippewa at night.

» Dave & Busters in the Eastern Hills Mall (stop by some of the great Haunted Houses in the area).

» Niagara on the Lake.

» Do a Sabres game next weekend (hit up the bars around the arena).

» And my favorite ... room #21 at the Blue Dolphin Motel on Niagara Falls Boulevard.

» After that, take her to the Adelphia Tower observatory where you can see the great Superspan International Bridge and the "re-developed" waterfront.