So far the MVP of the season is.......

Lindell. No question here is a guy that many wanted out of town and this year he seems to have found his leg. 50 yard field goals( with plenty extra), kickoffs into the end zones and overall accuracy on all other FGs. This guy is defintely MVP of this team so far plus who would have thunk it he be having a better year kicking than Moorman.

Lindell.  No question here is a guy that many wanted out of town and this year he seems to have found his leg.  50 yard field goals( with plenty extra), kickoffs into the end zones  and overall accuracy on all other FGs.  This guy is defintely MVP of this team so far  plus who would have thunk it he be having a better year kicking than Moorman.

477430[/snapback]

He's been good...but without Willis...he's not even getting a chance....

That's what I was thinking. Lindell doing well has been a nice story but he's not more valuable than Willis.

140 yards today baby!

477436[/snapback]

Agree Willis is key to the offense but Lindell is having a suprising spectacular season so far, Willis is doing what we expected just waiting for him to break a long one like backs have been doing against our defense.

Lindell has been money - no doubt about that (and I was one of the Bills backers not too happy with him after last year)

I'd say Willis has been the offensive mvp but my favorite Bill this year has been Terrence McGee. He's stepping up on defense (big pick against the Fish last week) and has again been a return demon this year. As much as the end of that return in San Antonio pi$$ed me off I hadn't seen a run back like that since that Dante Hall runback against Denver a few years ago. I see him taking one back to the house in the next two weeks - I would love to see one against the Pats to start the game.

Lindell has been money - no doubt about that (and I was one of the Bills backers not too happy with him after last year)

I'd say Willis has been the offensive mvp but my favorite Bill this year has been Terrence McGee. He's stepping up on defense (big pick against the Fish last week) and has again been a return demon this year. As much as the end of that return in San Antonio pi$$ed me off I hadn't seen a run back like that since that Dante Hall runback against Denver a few years ago. I see him taking one back to the house in the next two weeks - I would love to see one against the Pats to start the game.

477442[/snapback]

The Pats game will be a big test for him at CB since ya know having that extra week the NE folks will be well primed and planned. Plus if Bruschi returns that week could be the boost that NE would need. Would love to see both a KO return as well as a pick for a TD by McGee as well against the Pats.

It also bears stating that being unhappy with Lindell last year and happy with him this year is NOT something one ought to apologize for, nor does it make you a bad fan or fair weather or whatever.

It's absolutely justified to have been displeased with Lindell last year because he was not playing at nearly the same level. Last year, Lindell was ridiculously inconsistent and sometimes would miss FGs that were chip shots. That deserved some raggin'.

This year, Lindell is playing great. He's hitting kicks he should make, plus kicks you wouldn't expect him to. This deserves praise.

There hasn't been any in this thread, I'm just saying that there's nothing worse than a "oh, you're all stupid for not liking Lindell last year" post (equally as bad as "let's run this player out of town after a single bad game") when, in reality, Lindell did not deserve to be liked last year. This year he does.

And we're all happy it's turned out this way.

It also bears stating that being unhappy with Lindell last year and happy with him this year is NOT something one ought to apologize for, nor does it make you a bad fan or fair weather or whatever.

It's absolutely justified to have been displeased with Lindell last year because he was not playing at nearly the same level. Last year, Lindell was ridiculously inconsistent and sometimes would miss FGs that were chip shots. That deserved some raggin'.

This year, Lindell is playing great. He's hitting kicks he should make, plus kicks you wouldn't expect him to. This deserves praise.

There hasn't been any in this thread, I'm just saying that there's nothing worse than a "oh, you're all stupid for not liking Lindell last year" post (equally as bad as "let's run this player out of town after a single bad game") when, in reality, Lindell did not deserve to be liked last year. This year he does.

477448[/snapback]

I think Lindell originally made my **** list back in 2003 when he missed those two field goals in the 12-10 loss to the Texans.

I'm just happy he's now doing the job the Bills need him to do because they need a dependable kicker. The Bills are not going to blow too many teams out so hopefully he can make a difference in the tight games.

477448[/snapback]

Part of my reason for thinking him MVP so far is that probably NO ONE supported having this guy on the roster at the start of the season. Just seemed like he was never strong on Kick Offs or beyond 40 yards. Good to see we were all wrong so far.

If it's not Willis, it's Terrence McGee. The guy has been phenomenal. The field position we get on kickoffs is insane, and his two INT's in the last two games have been huge. The one against the Dolphins was one of the two biggest plays in the game, IMO. He is also pretty steady in pass coverage and makes tackles.

I'll say it: Crowell deserves some serious consideration here, if only for a couple games.  Lindell has been $.

477473[/snapback]

I think Lindell and Crowell both deserve some kind of "rags to riches" honor, but not MVP.

There are only 4 or so players I think you could really argue are the MVP this year:

Sam Adams

McGahee

Clements

Maybe McGee and/or Lindell... but I think both have simply played quite well, more than changing the outcome of the game(s). I sure hope to see MCGee earn a nomination by the end of the year. Damn he's exciting when he gets the ball!

Lindell.  No question here is a guy that many wanted out of town and this year he seems to have found his leg.  50 yard field goals( with plenty extra), kickoffs into the end zones  and overall accuracy on all other FGs.  This guy is defintely MVP of this team so far  plus who would have thunk it he be having a better year kicking than Moorman.

477430[/snapback]

Maybe replacing that long snapper had something to do with it ?

Lindell.   No question here is a guy that many wanted out of town and this year he seems to have found his leg.  50 yard field goals( with plenty extra), kickoffs into the end zones   and overall accuracy on all other FGs.   This guy is defintely MVP of this team so far  plus who would have thunk it he be having a better year kicking than Moorman.

477430[/snapback]

Point #1: You're out of your mind. I don't care if a kicker wins all 16 on last second figgies, kicks every kickoff out of the endzone on the fly, and waxes every car in the parking lot between his maybe 10 plays a game - there's no way they're the friggin' MVP.

Point #2: If you're even contemplating that your kicker is your MVP, your team sucks.

!@#$ I hate the media generation.

It has to be McGahee at this point....

100+ against Houston

32 against TB

140 against Atlanta

100+ against NO

88 tough yards against Miami

140 against NYJ

He is the biggest weapon on an avg. team.....They need to give him the

ball more when we are in the endzone.