the experts on this board

bbills17

And we would have likely lost both with JP in there.

We are in playoff contention, wake up.  I'll bet you have never played a down of football in your life, because teammates would never put up with attitude like this.  That is precisely why Moulds, Evans, etc spoke up about the change, they want to win.

477405[/snapback]

Don't give up on JP yet- I think he's still pretty green, but given time will turn into something we havent seen in a very long time. He does have some work to do, though

Speaking of eating crow...

Perhaps you'd like to comment on this...

477516[/snapback]

I stand by that, I do not think Willis is a great NFL back, he's been both bad, and good at times this year. He played well today, but that doesn't make him a great back, the Oline opened up very nice holes for him all day and had push nearly every down. Every starting RB in the NFL will run well when their Oline dominates like ours did today.

I stand by that, I do not think Willis is a great NFL back, he's been both bad, and good at times this year.  He played well today, but that doesn't make him a great back, the Oline opened up very nice holes for him all day and had push nearly every down.  Every starting RB in the NFL will run well when their Oline dominates like ours did today.

477520[/snapback]

Willis ran very hard today and was extremely patient. He carried piles for 3 or 4 extra yards on almost every run.

Let me get this straight...if the oline blocks well, they are the reason Willis has a good game, and if they don't block, it's McGahee's fault for getting stuffed for a 2 yard loss?

Willis ran very hard today and was extremely patient.  He carried piles for 3 or 4 extra yards on almost every run.

Let me get this straight...if the oline blocks well, they are the reason Willis has a good game, and if they don't block, it's McGahee's fault for getting stuffed for a 2 yard loss?

477524[/snapback]

Not at all, but great backs have amazing games when they get good line play (see Alexander or Tomlinson), Willis doesn't. He has flat out stunk when he hasn't got holes to run through. As I said, watch the great backs and they always seem to make something out of nothing all on their own, Willis just takes what he's given, and sometimes, he does it well. I don't think Willis McGahee will ever be a 'great' NFL RB.

Get a grip of yourself...we beat two bad teams...

477393[/snapback]

Good teams beat bad teams on their schedule. Great teams beat bad teams, and manage at least a split with the other great teams...there are more good teams than great teams....

What are you smoking?????  :D

477567[/snapback]

Well I know that doesn't jive with the love-in for Willis that goes on here, but he is not in the class of guys like Ladanian or Alexander, and I doubt he ever will be because he doesn't have the speed to do it.

Well I know that doesn't jive with the love-in for Willis that goes on here, but he is not in the class of guys like Ladanian or Alexander, and I doubt he ever will be because he doesn't have the speed to do it.

477590[/snapback]

Did Emmitt smith have the speed to do it? How about Jerome Bettis? Speed isn't everything. Willis has very plenty of speed, and it's deceptive.

Would you rather have Michael Bennett or Willis?

477590[/snapback]

I see the comparison has "upgraded" from Kevin and Julius Jones to LT and Alexander, the 2 best Rbs' in the NFL. Next you will be saying "but he'll never be in the class of Gale Sayers" :D

I see the comparison has "upgraded" from Kevin and Julius Jones to LT and Alexander, the 2 best Rbs' in the NFL. Next you will be saying "but he'll never be in the class of Gale Sayers"  :D

477600[/snapback]

:angry: Yeah, but he'll never be able to have 200,000 career rushing yards. He just doesn't have the speed.

First of all when 40% of the league makes the playoffs then there is plenty of room in there for non-elite teams and once you're in screw it anything can happen. This team is still poorly coached IMHO i can think of a few times today (ie lining up a WR behind center to start a gimmick run play when the jests couldn't stop our starting RB or our back-up for that matter, and of course all the penalties which boils down to preparation which is the coaching staff's job) but we can still make a run at this division if we muscle up and beat NE and some of our other tough opponents like SD, KC and DEN. We don't have to win all those games just a few of them and then continue our two year plan of beating on teams we should beat on and we will be right there in week 17. And anybody who can say they didn't question Lindell returning as our kicker this year obviously didn't watch the clusterf**k that was our kicking game last year.

I think I would have been a worse draft pick, despite my non-stop motor, and great attitude! :D

477408[/snapback]

Classic. I laughed my ass off when i read that. Speaking of high motor guys...is aaron schobel even on this team anymore???? It seems like its been weeks since he's made a tackle.

BILLS ALIVE IN '05!

I see the comparison has "upgraded" from Kevin and Julius Jones to LT and Alexander, the 2 best Rbs' in the NFL. Next you will be saying "but he'll never be in the class of Gale Sayers"  :D

477600[/snapback]

The comparison to LT and Alexander is because people are comparing him to them after this week's game! The previous discussion was about young backs, and I would still take Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, and even Stephen Jackson before Willis anyday. My point is, Willis is overrated here, and seems to be the guy that gets heaped with praise no matter what he does. Our line has opened some very nice holes in the run game this year, yet they're always the first unit to be criticized while Willis can do no wrong.

He is not near as good as posters on this board like to think.

The comparison to LT and Alexander is because people are comparing him to them after this week's game!  The previous discussion was about young backs, and I would still take Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, and even Stephen Jackson before Willis anyday.  My point is, Willis is overrated here, and seems to be the guy that gets heaped with praise no matter what he does.  Our line has opened some very nice holes in the run game this year, yet they're always the first unit to be criticized while Willis can do no wrong.

He is not near as good as posters on this board like to think.

478777[/snapback]

He's certainly as good as this poster on this board thinks he is. Better than I expected actually. He, in 18 games, has rushed for 100 yards 10 times I believe. Many of these games were wrought with situations where the rushing game was the main focus of the opponents defense. He had a lapse this season vs. Tampa Bay , and then regained his steady, consistent progress. He holds onto the ball well, reads and uses his blocks well, runs with uncanny power, a smooth shiftiness, burst and has a good enough glide and top end speed to break occasional 40/50 yarders. He is IMO on the verge of cracking the top 5 of backs in this league if he's not there already. And I certainly would not include Julius or Kevin Jones in that group as of yet. Re: your blocking references you may want to go back and take a little more concentrated look at the size and duration of the holes being created for some of those guys you mention. Holes that we have not seen here in Buffalo since the Kent Hull days.

I think all the so-called 'experts' on this board and all the people who read their posts and just follow their lead with their heads in the sand need to get a grip and realize Donahoe and his staff are in their positions for a reason, and know a heckuva lot more about football than you do!

The constant bashing of our O-line.  They played a great game on passing and rushing downs!  Everything looks a lot better when you get a QB in there that can make some plays!

Everyone wanting to give up on the season 2 weeks ago and let JP start for the rest of the season.  We are now in first place in the AFC East people!  To give up after 4 games is complete loser mentality in my eyes, have you guys played competetive sports before?

Calling a mutiny on Lindell and many people screaming to waste a 2nd round pick on Nugent, that would have been the worst pick in Bills history.

477370[/snapback]

I don't know who you are calling an expert on this board, but just because someone has a differing opinion than you or the Bills organization should not mean that you can ridicule them. Everyone here is a fan and if you spend time and money rooting for a team than you have the right to second guess what is happening with the organization both on and off the field.

I'm as happy as a pig in ...slop, that we won the last two games, but I wouldn't go annointing us a great team yet. We just beat (and had some problems beating) two teams that have many question marks themselves, plus we beat the worst team in football earlier this year. Even though the Bills have won the last two, there are many questions that are still out there.

Sure our OLine played a good game yesterday against what was supposed to be a formidable defense. Now they need to take the next step, can they produce for a second straight game and on the road no less. The QB position has improved under KH, but he isn't exactly lighting things up to where we should feel he can do this against anyone. The Defense is not really playing well at all. They came up with some big plays yesterday, but they still let Martin run through them like a hot knife through butter. Some of the play calling, though improved yesterday, has had me dumbfounded at times this year. Penalties have also been horrendous this year. If that doesn't improve, we will get lambasted in the coming weeks.

However, I am very pleased by McGahee and Rian Lindell. Lindell was a big question mark coming into this season, but has proved himself thus far. I am also very happy to see McGee and the Special Teams doing a great job.

I couldn't be happier that we are in first place right now, but it is a very tentative first place to be sure. We are about to start the brutal part of this schedule, I believe our next "easy" game is the final game of the season against the Jets. But if we play against them like we played against the Dolphins last week and possibly even yesterday, we will get beat in NY.

Being in first place is great, but there is a lot that this team should be criticized for.

My first Fake Fat Sunny post...I'm exhausted.

I don't know who you are calling an expert on this board, but just because someone has a differing opinion than you or the Bills organization should not mean that you can ridicule them.  Everyone here is a fan and if you spend time and money rooting for a team than you have the right to second guess what is happening with the organization both on and off the field.

I'm as happy as a pig in ...slop, that we won the last two games, but I wouldn't go annointing us a great team yet.  We just beat (and had some problems beating) two teams that have many question marks themselves, plus we beat the worst team in football earlier this year.  Even though the Bills have won the last two, there are many questions that are still out there. 

Sure our OLine played a good game yesterday against what was supposed to be a formidable defense.  Now they need to take the next step, can they produce for a second straight game and on the road no less.  The QB position has improved under KH, but he isn't exactly lighting things up to where we should feel he can do this against anyone.  The Defense is not really playing well at all.  They came up with some big plays yesterday, but they still let Martin run through them like a hot knife through butter.  Some of the play calling, though improved yesterday, has had me dumbfounded at times this year.  Penalties have also been horrendous this year.  If that doesn't improve, we will get lambasted in the coming weeks.

However, I am very pleased by McGahee and Rian Lindell.  Lindell was a big question mark coming into this season, but has proved himself thus far.  I am also very happy to see McGee and the Special Teams doing a great job.

I couldn't be happier that we are in first place right now, but it is a very tentative first place to be sure.  We are about to start the brutal part of this schedule, I believe our next "easy" game is the final game of the season against the Jets.  But if we play against them like we played against the Dolphins last week and possibly even yesterday, we will get beat in NY.

Being in first place is great, but there is a lot that this team should be criticized for.

My first Fake Fat Sunny post...I'm exhausted.

478796[/snapback]

I would have to agree with your post. The real test starts this week in Oakland,lets see if holcomb can produce on the road with the crowd noise, after a couple false starts and the down marker reading 1st and 20 like jp had to deal with. Also a big test for this OL, lets see if they can handle the defense getting a quick jump off the snap due to that noise?? I think our running will look more like the N.O. and Tampa game than the Miami and N.Y. game .If anybody thought our D was better with the crowd noise at home, just wait for the lack of crowd noise on the road, the way we'er playing against the run we should expect another big day rush for whoever the raiders hand it to....All this crow eating talk cracks me up.............3 of the next four on the road !