i'll go ahead and pee in the kool-aid

eball

i'm VERY happy to have won the last two games, and i'm content w/ holcomb remaining the starter until the bills are out of playoff contention...BUT...

1 -- the bills' run D still stinks.

2 -- the bills' 3rd down D still stinks.

3 -- tom clements' playcalling still stinks.

those factors will all come back to haunt us against the likes of new england. jerry gray has never been able to get to brady with his blitzes, and i foresee receivers catching passes in the middle of the defense all night in two weeks.

that said -- a win against oakland next week would be HUGE. i'd much rather go to new england at 4-3 (4-0 AFC) than 3-4 (3-1). let's face it -- a loss is expected. 4-4 and 4-1 going to the bye week would be great.

anyway -- great games by willis, moulds, the OL, mcgee, and lindell. solid effort by holcomb, aside from the one BIG hiccup that almost gave us a ballgame.

i'm VERY happy to have won the last two games, and i'm content w/ holcomb remaining the starter until the bills are out of playoff contention...BUT...

1 -- the bills' run D still stinks.

2 -- the bills' 3rd down D still stinks.

3 -- tom clements' playcalling still stinks.

those factors will all come back to haunt us against the likes of new england.  jerry gray has never been able to get to brady with his blitzes, and i foresee receivers catching passes in the middle of the defense all night in two weeks.

that said -- a win against oakland next week would be HUGE.  i'd much rather go to new england at 4-3 (4-0 AFC) than 3-4 (3-1).  let's face it -- a loss is expected.  4-4 and 4-1 going to the bye week would be great.

anyway -- great games by willis, moulds, the OL, mcgee, and lindell.  solid effort by holcomb, aside from the one BIG hiccup that almost gave us a ballgame.

477281[/snapback]

I agree that we shouldn't get overly jubilant. We're .500 and look at the rest of the schedule. BRUTAL. At Jets and At Oakland are probably the easiest games left.

1 -- the run D doesn't stink, it just can't keep giving up giant plays. Remove two giant runs and we held Martin pretty well. Yea but...I know.

2 -- true. And I won't say "Better, though", because we played a guy who was not playing football nary 2 weeks ago.

3 -- the playcalling seemed more fluid and confident today. But I'd like to see more deep balls. Kelly has the arm.

-The third down D was better today (still scary at times, yes).

-The play calling I thought was fantastic today, other than one series in the first half that started with the reverse, then Willis in motion to WR on the next play.

-Run D is still a gap control issue, but atleat they're not being outman'ed. Still a problem yes for sure, but could be worse.

Totally agree w/ you.

Terrible on defending 3rd and long,

Terrible agaisnt the run

Very questionalbe play calling, 3rd and 1 late in the game, give the ball to 21 please and run right, not some BS weak pass to a FB.

I love it when the Bills win, but the next two games will be tough. If we can go 4-4 at the halfway point I will be happy. We have the Pats in NE after they come off a bye, not looking forward to watching that game.

The Bills are like a car that runs pretty good most of the time, but blows a gasket at the worst time. We are enterring the real test of our schedule. If we don't start playing better overall, then this stay in 1st place will be a short one.

PTR

I'm very pleased. We won the game and can improve at the same time. I'm NOT blind to our blemishes but this just in. We're 3-3, 2-0 in the division and tied for first. That means ALL the other teams in our division have blemishes too, even the Pats ( GASP ! ). :angry:

You can go back to hating my happy disposition after we win and the other 3 divisonal teams lose. :D