Peters at Tight End

Finally- I love this. Like having another Offensive lineman out there.

He's huge.

477039[/snapback]

Absolutely. If the guy could become a 2-3 catch a game guy (just to keep people honest), it really is like lining up with two tackles on the end of the line. Not to mention, he could certainly take the occasional end around reverse. :huh:

It is not necessary to declare someone "ineligible." As far as I understand the rule, you need to have an eligible receiver at each end of the line, on the line of scrimmage, there is no rule against having two guys with eligible numbers lined up next to each other....

Any experts out there?

If they needed Peters #86 to play tackle in mid-game, can an eligible receiver numbered dude be declared "in-eligible" for a play?

Similar to the way Peters #71 would have to declare eligible to play TE (on a per-play basis).

477305[/snapback]

That's why I thought making him a backup LT was a mistake. At least with a TE number he can block on any down and go out on any route w/o having to report for it.

Not using him as a TE would be a major mistake unless he's proven to the coaching staff that he really can't catch worth a damn.

How about the announcer saying 3 times: "Wait a minute now, lets see if actually held on to this ball!"  Huh?  Was that not like the cleanest catch EVER?

477394[/snapback]

That's exactly what I thought at the time. There was no juggling, ball touching the ground, etc. I have no clue what that jackass was talking about.

How about the announcer saying 3 times: "Wait a minute now, lets see if actually held on to this ball!"  Huh?  Was that not like the cleanest catch EVER?

477394[/snapback]

Solomon Wilcots and the play-by-play guy were horrible all game!!! Wilcots needs to park his ass back on NFL network where there is a teleprompter he can read off because he obviously lacks ab-libbing skills. ON the same type of note: did anybody hear the color analyst for ND/USC game when they showedr reggie bush getting stretched out by a trainer??? And i quote "You know that's illegal in some parts of Utah." The stunned silence from the play-by-play guy was absolutely priceless.

Solomon Wilcots and the play-by-play guy were horrible all game!!! Wilcots needs to park his ass back on NFL network where there is a teleprompter he can read off because he obviously lacks ab-libbing skills. ON the same type of note: did anybody hear the color analyst for ND/USC game when they showedr reggie bush getting stretched out by a trainer??? And i quote "You know that's illegal in some parts of Utah." The stunned silence from the play-by-play guy was absolutely priceless.

477617[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard that, and wondered, "WTF did he just say?"

That was an awesome game.

That's exactly what I thought at the time.  There was no juggling, ball touching the ground, etc.  I have no clue what that jackass was talking about.

477587[/snapback]

Are you fellas referring to this chain of events?

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/94/1130/1024/IMG_6334.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/94/1130/1024/IMG_6335.jpg

http://photos3.blogger.com/img/94/1130/1024/IMG_6336.jpg

http://photos3.blogger.com/img/94/1130/1024/IMG_6337.jpg

Solomon Wilcots and the play-by-play guy were horrible all game!!!

477617[/snapback]

When I watched the taped game after I got home at first I started laughing every time he called us the BIWS....then it got kinda irritating. There's two L's in there, dude. :w00t:

Finally- I love this. Like having another Offensive lineman out there.

He's huge.

477039[/snapback]

early in the game, he caught a pass. my roommate was like.. "who the hell is that.. hes freakin HUGE!!!"

it was peters. and i was happy. i also like how campbell had a few receptions. :w00t: