Revenge of the Sith

major

Seems to me the cheeseburgers worked just as well as the boxing video.

474054[/snapback]

Don't remember the details, but there was some advertising action between The Bills and McDonalds at the home game the week after, too.

Personally, I think the best cutting edge motivational tool out there is "earning millions of dollars playing in the National Football League". I've heard that a few coaches have tried it.

He got injured and then refused to play again at the end of the season, because he wasn't going to be the starter.

474060[/snapback]

Not true. Willis took over, kicked butt, and the COACH made a decision to sit Henry. This was game 5 or 6, not the end of the season.

And who decided he wouldn't be the starter?

Don't remember the details, but there was some advertising action between The Bills and McDonalds at the home game the week after, too.

474062[/snapback]

Was that the week McD's bought the remaining tickets so the game wouldn't be blacked out?

I agree with what you're saying. I do think our coaching is weak compared to some other teams.

Pats watched Hearns-Hagler to psych up for Falcons

That's an example of Belichick doing something a little bit different to get his boys going. MM will probably make the players eat more cheeseburgers next time we have a big game on the road.

473849[/snapback]

This is a toatlly asinine thread...I only inteject here to point out some of the crazy s#it being talked about here.

First of all ALL GMs get involved in the starting QB decision...every single freaking one of them. Asking TD to be uninvolved is asking him to NOT do his job. Remember TD is a GENERAL MANAGER...not a Director of Player Personell or some other lesser position. He's G-freaking-M. Some of you think MMs a crummy coach...but that he should assume all of the GM duties, too. Yikes!

Secondly, this Hearns-Hagler thing is total BS when it comes to evaluating a coach. NE is much farther along on the team scale than the Bills (in case you haven't noticed). BB has the luxury of being able to use these kinds of techniques and give his players these kinds of "motivational" breaks. Whether or not they work is disputable...but many coaches use this sort of thing. (I'm sure even a really terrible coach like MM uses these kinds of things from time-to-time.)

Right now, I want the Bills watching game film and reading their playbooks. These things they can also do while eating cheesburgers, if they wish.

Finally, for now at least, is the just flat-out-stupid assertion that MM had little or nothing to do with last year's recovery. EVERYBODY (well at least everybody who knows ANYTHING...such as players, other coaches, owner, TD, etc.) credits MM for the turn around by: keeping calm...staying the course while making some minor adjustments. etc.

I want the Bills watching game film and reading their playbooks.  These things they can also do while eating cheesburgers, if they wish.

474085[/snapback]

What if and believe me its a big if, that we allow the players to watch the Hearns- Hagler fight while eating cheeseburgers. I'm telling you man its a slam dunk, nobody could beat us then. :blink:

What if and believe me its a big if, that we allow the players to watch the Hearns- Hagler fight while eating cheeseburgers.  I'm telling you man its a slam dunk, nobody could beat us then. :P

474093[/snapback]

:):D:lol::lol::lol::blink:;):lol:

Not true. Willis took over, kicked butt, and the COACH made a decision to sit Henry. This was game 5 or 6, not the end of the season.

And who decided he wouldn't be the starter?

474063[/snapback]

Are you sure it was the stupid coaches decision and not TD's. Of course remember Travis got hurt, had to sit out and Willis tore it up. But the next game the idiot coach started Travis Gump again, and he proceded to trip on imaginary lines. After that it was all Willis with Travis Gump having and imaginary injury pretty much the rest of the year. Depending on who you ask it was reported that Travis was PO'ed and refused to suit up again. Of course, you assume it was Marble head. Could have been a mandate from above since Marblehead was unable to see the difference.

What if and believe me its a big if, that we allow the players to watch the Hearns- Hagler fight while eating cheeseburgers.  I'm telling you man its a slam dunk, nobody could beat us then. :doh:

474093[/snapback]

wait! wait! and MM could also bring in mr. miyagi to do the cool "wax on, wax off" thing. if THAT doesn't get the bills stoked to kick some jets' ass, i don't know what will!!

After reading the AP article about Kelly Holcomb, one sentence jumped out to me:

"Holcomb said the decision (on who starts Sunday's game with the Jets) rests with Mularkey and team president Tom Donahoe".

We need a GM that allows the coaches to make the calls they feel are best for the team. The coaches know who is best suited to play each position week in and week out. I trust them way more than I do a GM sitting in a box.

Again, another example of Donahoe not allowing his coaches to coach.

Your thoughts????????

473636[/snapback]

That means nothing, Donahoe doesnt decide who the starter is.