Greatest Bills Players all time??

Tcali

Thurman??--more talented than OJ??...excuse me but I have an appointment back on planet earth..

473478[/snapback]

Hard to tell actually. Oj was a far better runner, but you never really saw OJ block. Thusman while small was an excellant blocking back. Oj had average receiving skills, but Thurman was another WR on the field. So while OJ was the far better rushing back, a point could be made that TT was the better talent.

Oh and James was by far the best CB ever, regardless of area. In in the run era back then CB just didn't go 4 years without a passing TD against them. James did. While he didn't have the stats on INT's it was because his first year he was picking everything off thrown his way, noone ever threw at him again.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You nailed the 1st 3.

I would have Butler #4 & Biscuit #5 though (his first year was just sick, remember the Philly game? :doh: )

473291[/snapback]

YEAH--as I mentioned a couple posts back--Biscuit was a big omission that I shoulda had in there.YES--I DO remember his first games/first year---he really had amazing talent--coulda been a JR LT....but I dont think he ever had the great motivation after that first year.He was SOOO sick that first year.

Lou Piccone was THE utility player before Steve Tasker even got out of grade school. He wore #89 too. I wouldn't classify Piccone as an all around great, but he sure played with a lot of heart.

473161[/snapback]

Rob Riddick comes to mind too. Wasn't overpowering, but man was he Mr. 3rd and inches. Or was that 4th and inches.

Oh and James was by far the best CB ever, regardless of area.  In in the run era back then CB just didn't go 4 years without a passing TD against them.  James did.  While he didn't have the stats on INT's it was because his first year he was picking everything off thrown his way, noone ever threw at him again.

473483[/snapback]

I agree with you on James, my all-time favorite Bill. If you saw him play, you knew he was the best CB the Bills ever had. One thing about covering guys, he covered them. No zone. Back then it was bump and run and he was as good as anyone ever was at it.

On top of that, he hit as hard as anyone on the team. An absolute great tackler. He would have made the HOF if 1) he wasn't on some of the worse Bills teams of all time. 2) He would have played longer. Dam knee injury.