LAMP - Saw Thurman at the airport tonight

stevewin

A few minutes before I got on my flight, Thurman walks around my gate while talking on his cellphone. He was going through the mostly empty gates - looked like he was looking for a newspaper (no doubt looking for local coverage of his WOF induction <_< ). I didn't want to bother him while he was on the phone, but he was heading back just as I was about to get on the plane and I couldn't resist - had to yell "Hey Thurman! Congratulations" - he smiled and said thanks as he walked by :pirate:

Who cares about Thurman - where was George Siefert???

472730[/snapback]

George Siefert was seen at the airport last wednesday wearing a new blue and gold Sabres jersey in anticipation of the start of the season...

George Siefert was seen at the airport last wednesday wearing a new blue and gold Sabres jersey in anticipation of the start of the season...

472950[/snapback]

:pirate:<_<:lol:

Though that's a pretty low blow against one of our Lost bretheren. :lol:

:pirate:  <_<  :lol:

Though that's a pretty low blow against one of our Lost bretheren.  :lol:

472956[/snapback]

Yah i know...clutch is great with his lost analysis, but i gotta give him hell about his miscalculation on the jerseys :lol:

Funny...I saw him at the airport when I was home last as well. I didn't want to bother him for an autograph, because of hone horrid childhood memory that I have.

I went to every bills home game growing up. My Dad has been an usher there since he was in his 20's, and has kept it as a second job because he gets paid to watch the games. So I would go in early with him every homegame and wait outside for the players to come. One day I saw thurman pull up in his car, and being my favorite player I ran up to him and asked for an autograph.

"Sorry kid, I have a game to play"

I was the only one around, so he wouldn't have had to stop and sign a bunch. I was even wearing my thurman jersey.

I was wrecked for a while, but got over it.