Man, Drew Bledsoe is making me look stupid.

The_Real

I'll admit it I was one of those guys who wanted to see him fall flat on his face. Not because of lack of respect for DB the person I just always root against former bills who didn't live up to the billing here. I thought that DC's would just throw 8 guys at him everytime due to the lack of mobility.

uhhhhh.....

102 passer rating, 1,351 yards and 10 Touchdowns.

He's the 3rd ranked qb in the NFL right now.

Errrrrrr..... We we well.... I .... Irr... ahhhh.....

:rolleyes:

If he does the 2nd half disappearing act it will look more justified but right now the Bills look like they let him go a year early for a couple reasons. One, he still had game left and two, the qb of the future hasn't quite arrived as of yet.

I was definitely wrong. I'll admit it. Could he of done it here in Buffalo with the players we have? Not sure. But he definitely still has game left.

DEFINITELY.

tr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what he's done so far in Dallas, I think it would be nearly impossible to make a valid case that we still should have gotten rid of him. But that's only if we base it on what he's done so far in Dallas, lol. If you look at his career stats, he's relatively consisten with regard to his rating. I find it hard to believe that he just magically became a significantly better QB overnight, but hey....if he did, then all the power to him. All I know is that the Pats got rid of him for a reason (or reasons). We did the same.

I'll admit it I was one of those guys who wanted to see him fall flat on his face.  Not because of lack of respect for DB the person I just always root against former bills who didn't live up to the billing here.  I thought that DC's would just throw 8 guys at him everytime due to the lack of mobility. 

uhhhhh..... 

Errrrrrr.....  We we well....  I .... Irr... ahhhh.....

:rolleyes:

If he does the 2nd half disappearing act it will look more justified but right now the Bills look like they let him go a year early for a couple reasons.  One, he still had game left and two, the qb of the future hasn't quite arrived as of yet. 

I was definitely wrong.  I'll admit it.  Could he of done it here in Buffalo with the players we have?  Not sure.  But he definitely still has game left. 

DEFINITELY.

tr

472369[/snapback]

Lets see what he does during entire season. Remember first year wiuth Bills he looked like the second coming of ( name your QB). One thing is having a OL that can pass protect makes a difference but he still requires perfect play from line and receivers.

O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!

Makes one hell of a difference when the QB isn't running for his life EVERY SINGLE PLAY!!!

I don't know why TD can't figure that out. Maybe DBs success in big D can open TDs eyes.................yeah right!!!

TD is a retard. :rolleyes:

O-line, O-line, O-line!!!!

Makes one hell of a difference when the QB isn't running for his life EVERY SINGLE PLAY!!!

I don't know why TD can't figure that out.  Maybe DBs success in big D can open TDs eyes.................yeah right!!!

TD is a retard.  :rolleyes:

472392[/snapback]

Forget TD ! Let's hope Ralph can see this as a fact !

LOL. Of course it's the F****** o-line. It always has been and still is. :rolleyes:

Bledsoe should have gotten one more year in Buffalo and then went with JP in 2006.

Of course this o-line sucks so bad Drew wouldn't be tearing it up here like he is in Dallas but the Bills would have 1 or 2 more wins right now.

If he does the 2nd half disappearing act it will look more justified but right now the Bills look like they let him go a year early for a couple reasons.  One, he still had game left and two, the qb of the future hasn't quite arrived as of yet. 

472369[/snapback]

Yeah you friggin no it alls, I remember. I'm just saying he's having a great year. :rolleyes:

tr

We would all like to see the starting five in there together. Except some of them seem to have injuries that take a lllllooooonnnnnggggg time to heal. I see they did have injured ankle activated and suited up yesterday though. Maybe sometime in November he might play.

I'll admit it I was one of those guys who wanted to see him fall flat on his face.  Not because of lack of respect for DB the person I just always root against former bills who didn't live up to the billing here.  I thought that DC's would just throw 8 guys at him everytime due to the lack of mobility. 

uhhhhh..... 

Errrrrrr.....  We we well....  I .... Irr... ahhhh.....

:pirate:

I was definitely wrong.  I'll admit it.  Could he of done it here in Buffalo with the players we have?  Not sure.  But he definitely still has game left. 

DEFINITELY.

tr

472369[/snapback]

Maybe the problems on offense lie elsewhere. The QB was NEVER the problem.

Until the Patriots exposed him completely.

472390[/snapback]

It's peculiar- you seem to suggest that someone were "exposed" so that all had power over him from that point forward.

Apparently the NFC didn't get your memo.

yawn.......................

Give me a break.

Don't you guys remember his first 8 games as a Buffalo Bill?

He was being brought up as an MVP canidate, and was passing very effieciently, and was lighting up the scoreboard for us.....Until the Patriots exposed him completely.

I like the guy, but he won't continue to play at this high of level, he'll come around sooner or later.

What you are seeing right now is just a mirage.

Gurantee the cowboys go no where this year.

472390[/snapback]

Exposed him?

Maybe the Pats exposed the Bills OL/ coaching/ play calling?

I think this is more a product of Bill Parcells being his own man.

We will see.

??

:pirate:<_<

Maybe the problems on offense lie elsewhere.  The QB was NEVER the problem.

472736[/snapback]

Drew was never the problem??---??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????......He is 3-2 this year -I wish him well----but I see 8-8 or 9-7 for the Cowboys and a lot of unhappy big D fans by years end....Hope Im wrong.

Until the Patriots exposed him completely.

I like the guy, but he won't continue to play at this high of level, he'll come around sooner or later.

The progression around here is hilarious.

1) We cut Bledsoe, fans cry out, "Bledsoe is washed up! He should retire!"

2) Bledsoe plays poorly in the first preseason game, fans cry out, "See, we were right!!!! Bledsoe is washed up!"

3) Bledsoe has a bad first series against the Chargers in week 1. Fans cry out, "See, we were right! Bledsoe is washed up!"

4) Bledsoe bounces back from bad first series to defeat the Chargers. Fans cry out, "Bledsoe doesn't play for the Bills anymore! Why are you guys praising his play?!" followed by, "The Redskins will expose Bledsoe to the entire league! He'll be sacked 150 times!"

5) Bledsoe is not sacked against the Redskins, not even once. Fans cry out, "But look, he lost! He can't win against a real team!"

6) Bledsoe leads a late drive to win the game, but his pass falls short. Fans cry out, "See, we were right, Bledsoe sucks!" while at the same time saying, "It's ok that JPL throws the ball like that, he's going to the Hall of Fame!" Fans followup with, "Wait until the Eagles game, Bledsoe will be lucky to live through it!"

7) Bledsoe destroys Philadelphia, and isn't sacked at all. Fans cry out, "He always plays well at the start of the season when he's on a new team! He'll soon suck again because he never plays well late in the season!" Those fans apparantly forgot the 9-3 record at the end of last season....

It's pretty humorous, considering the non-bashers are simply saying, "Look, Bledsoe wasn't the problem here last year. He's still got plenty of gas in the tank." Comments like that always seem to bring out sexual attacks though. Maybe Bledsoe-bashers are all gay? (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

CW

The progression around here is hilarious.

1) We cut Bledsoe, fans cry out, "Bledsoe is washed up!  He should retire!"

2) Bledsoe plays poorly in the first preseason game, fans cry out, "See, we were right!!!!  Bledsoe is washed up!"

3) Bledsoe has a bad first series against the Chargers in week 1.  Fans cry out, "See, we were right!  Bledsoe is washed up!"

4) Bledsoe bounces back from bad first series to defeat the Chargers.  Fans cry out, "Bledsoe doesn't play for the Bills anymore!  Why are you guys praising his play?!" followed by, "The Redskins will expose Bledsoe to the entire league!  He'll be sacked 150 times!"

5) Bledsoe is not sacked against the Redskins, not even once.  Fans cry out, "But look, he lost!  He can't win against a real team!"

6) Bledsoe leads a late drive to win the game, but his pass falls short.  Fans cry out, "See, we were right, Bledsoe sucks!" while at the same time saying, "It's ok that JPL throws the ball like that, he's going to the Hall of Fame!"  Fans followup with, "Wait until the Eagles game, Bledsoe will be lucky to live through it!"

7) Bledsoe destroys Philadelphia, and isn't sacked at all.  Fans cry out, "He always plays well at the start of the season when he's on a new team!  He'll soon suck again because he never plays well late in the season!"  Those fans apparantly forgot the 9-3 record at the end of last season....

It's pretty humorous, considering the non-bashers are simply saying, "Look, Bledsoe wasn't the problem here last year.  He's still got plenty of gas in the tank."  Comments like that always seem to bring out sexual attacks though.  Maybe Bledsoe-bashers are all gay? (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

CW

472870[/snapback]

:pirate:<_<

There is no doubt that DB has gas in his tank.

I still like him and believe he can get past the wall. It just wasn't going to happen in NE and Buffalo anytime soon.

To me, the Washington game showed where that wall is. The Philly game, IMO, showed how much the Philly braintrust took DB lightly. You still can't take him lightly and that is the most important thing he brings to the table.

As much as I hated to see him go... There was no reason to keep him tied down in the Buffalo environment where he was destined to die on the vine.

I really hopes he makes it... Not to prove anybody here wrong... Not to prove anybody here right... Just want to see a good man succeed in a climate that is favorable to him.

My mean and vindicative side likes to see him fail because I am so loyal to the Bills. That I can't hide at times and it isn't right.

Give me a break.

Don't you guys remember his first 8 games as a Buffalo Bill?

He was being brought up as an MVP canidate, and was passing very effieciently, and was lighting up the scoreboard for us.....Until the Patriots exposed him completely.

472390[/snapback]

Good question is will he face a team as good as the Pats of the last few years to precipitate that drop-off? I'm hoping the Jints show they're the team to beat in the East and pummel the 'Boys. Nothing against Drew, but he signed with a team I'll never root for. (Not to mention that they still have the hated Parcells and Me-shawn.)