Man, Drew Bledsoe is making me look stupid.

The_Real

Good question is will he face a team as good as the Pats of the last few years to precipitate that drop-off?  I'm hoping the Jints show they're the team to beat in the East and pummel the 'Boys.  Nothing against Drew, but he signed with a team I'll never root for.  (Not to mention that they still have the hated Parcells and Me-shawn.)

472898[/snapback]

I guess that last season's NFC Champs don't cut it? <_<:pirate:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some want to see him fail ?

He kept his mouth shut and showed class the whole time he was in Buffalo. He could have easily bitched to the media in regards to his s-t o-line and game plans he was given. He should have been brought back for one more season but wasn't. And he still hasn't blasted the Bills organization like he very well could have after he left.

although I hate the Cowboys I do wish Drew luck.

I guess that last season's NFC Champs don't cut it?  :lol:  <_<

472903[/snapback]

No, they're nowhere near as good as those Pats teams were. Not right now. And my point was, maybe he won't suffer that colossal funk because of this. Not that I hate him or want him to do poorly. I just want his team to suck. :pirate:

No, they're nowhere near as good as those Pats teams were.  Not right now.  And my point was, maybe he won't suffer that colossal funk because of this.  Not that I hate him or want him to do poorly.  I just want his team to suck.  :pirate:

472909[/snapback]

You do realize that posts such as this are proving the point that Fezmid makes above so well?

People are raising the bar higher each and every time the guy takes the field. Now, let's call him out because he didn't beat the superbowl champions. The thing is, he did so once, and doesn't play them this season.

When does this get ridiculous, I mean really?

One point that I WILL readily concede to the haters.....Drew would have been murdered behind our shabby, sub-par line, even with McNally! <_<

Hopefully, our current qbs won't get hurt behind this moley crew, but stranger things have happened. :lol:

He kept his mouth shut and showed class the whole time he was in Buffalo. He could have easily bitched to the media in regards to his s-t o-line and game plans he was given. He should have been brought back for one more season but wasn't. And he still hasn't blasted the Bills organization like he very well could have after he left.

472906[/snapback]

I agree.

Because it is my mean and vindictive side. I am still loyal to the Bills first and the Bills let him go.

I know it isn't right... Maybe more wins like the one against Philly will show me the errors of my ways.

I just don't want Buffalo to look stupid... Too bad that is an easy thing to do and they usually handle that on their own.

Is that frank enough for you?

You do realize that posts such as this are proving the point that Fezmid makes above so well?

People are raising the bar higher each and every time the guy takes the field. Now, let's call him out because he didn't beat the superbowl champions. The thing is, he did so once, and doesn't play them this season.

One point that I WILL readily concede to the haters.....Drew would have been murdered behind our shabby, sub-par line, even with McNally!  :pirate:

Hopefully, our current qbs won't get hurt behind this moley crew, but stranger things have happened.  :lol:

472917[/snapback]

You are right Bill!

I could never make your team... The minuscule hate that oozes out of me at times wouldn't cut it. I'd post ARod crunch-time numbers. <_<:lol:

You are right Bill!

I could never make your team... The minuscule hate that oozes out of me at times wouldn't cut it.  I'd post ARod crunch-time numbers.  :lol:  :lol:

472925[/snapback]

I know! Your post before the one I am quoting made so much sense that I would have had to release you from the hate squad. <_<:pirate:

One point that I WILL readily concede to the haters.....Drew would have been murdered behind our shabby, sub-par line, even with McNally!  :pirate:

Hopefully, our current qbs won't get hurt behind this moley crew, but stranger things have happened.  <_<

472917[/snapback]

The bar, as you put it, Bill, is the Super Bowl. The Bills let go of him because they thought he would never take them there. (And he sure wasn't taking a team with the kind of O-line Buffalo has there, we know that!) Until he does that, and his window is getting smaller, he will be an above-average QB who can throw a hell of a ball and can't run for beans. When all the chips are on the table at the end of this season, we'll see if he puts up. Right now, he's off to a good start. No more, no less. Remember how unstoppable the Bills looked first half of '02?

472906[/snapback]

Easy answer-

1. He's a Dallas Cowboy. 'Nuff said. By being a Cowboy alone, I hope he schits the bed on a regular basis.

2. "A very significant story for the future of Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo happened, of all times, during the coin flip before the season's last game against Pittsburgh. Big game for Buffalo. Very big. A win over Pittsburgh, which would be resting some of its stalwarts, and the Bills were still in the playoff hunt. Winds were whipping up pretty strong that day -- 17 mph. Before he walked out to midfield for the flip, Bledsoe was advised by coaches to choose to defend the east goal if Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to receive. That way, the Steelers wouldn't be wind-aided when they took the ball. Pittsburgh won the toss. Pittsburgh elected to receive. Bledsoe said Buffalo would defend the west goal. West? We told him east! The Bills sideline was stunned. What is God's name was Bledsoe doing? Bledsoe explained that when he got to midfield, it seemed to him the wind was whipping around differently than the way the coaches thought, and so he picked the opposite goal to defend. There was some anger toward Bledsoe on the sideline, and maybe it was just coincidental, but the Steelers scored 23 of their 29 points going from west to east that day -- and Bledsoe's decision backfired. Sometimes, coaches don't want players to think. They want players to do what they're told. Bledsoe defied the Buffalo staff that day, a sort of subtle defiance that began to irritate the Bills coaches the same way it had irritated Bill Belichick's staff four years earlier. That simple act didn't get Bledsoe unemployed. Three very big Bills losses this year (at New England, at Baltimore, and that Pittsburgh game), in which he threw zero touchdowns and eight interceptions, helped Mike Mularkey decide he'd be as well off playing J.P. Losman, a kid he knew had some mobility and, more important, would follow instructions." Pete King- SI

3. His knack for always fuggin up when we needed him the most.

Easy answer-

1. He's a Dallas Cowboy. 'Nuff said. By being a Cowboy alone, I hope he schits the bed on a regular basis.

2. A very significant story for the future of Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo happened, of all times, during the coin flip before the season's last game against Pittsburgh. Big game for Buffalo. Very big. A win over Pittsburgh, which would be resting some of its stalwarts, and the Bills were still in the playoff hunt. Winds were whipping up pretty strong that day -- 17 mph. Before he walked out to midfield for the flip, Bledsoe was advised by coaches to choose to defend the east goal if Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to receive. That way, the Steelers wouldn't be wind-aided when they took the ball. Pittsburgh won the toss. Pittsburgh elected to receive. Bledsoe said Buffalo would defend the west goal. West? We told him east! The Bills sideline was stunned. What is God's name was Bledsoe doing? Bledsoe explained that when he got to midfield, it seemed to him the wind was whipping around differently than the way the coaches thought, and so he picked the opposite goal to defend. There was some anger toward Bledsoe on the sideline, and maybe it was just coincidental, but the Steelers scored 23 of their 29 points going from west to east that day -- and Bledsoe's decision backfired. Sometimes, coaches don't want players to think. They want players to do what they're told. Bledsoe defied the Buffalo staff that day, a sort of subtle defiance that began to irritate the Bills coaches the same way it had irritated Bill Belichick's staff four years earlier. That simple act didn't get Bledsoe unemployed. Three very big Bills losses this year (at New England, at Baltimore, and that Pittsburgh game), in which he threw zero touchdowns and eight interceptions, helped Mike Mularkey decide he'd be as well off playing J.P. Losman, a kid he knew had some mobility and, more important, would follow instructions." Pete King- SI

3. His knack for always fuggin up when we needed him the most.

472932[/snapback]

For the record, #2 was unsubstantiated by anyone other than Peter King (or if it was confirmed by coaches/staff/players/other writers, I missed it).

And did you really need to bold it? That's almost as bad as all caps...

CW

The bar, as you put it, Bill, is the Super Bowl.  The Bills let go of him because they thought he would never take them there.  (And he sure wasn't taking a team with the kind of O-line Buffalo has there, we know that!)  Until he does that, and his window is getting smaller, he will be an above-average QB who can throw a hell of a ball and can't run for beans.  When all the chips are on the table at the end of this season, we'll see if he puts up.  Right now, he's off to a good start.  No more, no less.  Remember how unstoppable the Bills looked first half of '02?

472931[/snapback]

I could doctor your post up just a tad and be describing Peyton Manning. <_<

In any event, yes, I agree that he was not going to win here. My hope is that we can at some point build a team that a quarterback like Trent Dilfer or Mark Rypien could win with. :pirate:

For the record, #2 was unsubstantiated by anyone other than Peter King (or if it was confirmed by coaches/staff/players/other writers, I missed it).

And did you really need to bold it?  That's almost as bad as all caps...

CW

472936[/snapback]

Yeah, Peter King made it up for schits and giggles and I remember a huge outcry from Bledsoe as to how it was a lie... :pirate:

And do you really need to put 'CW' at the end of every post? Talk about lame. That's almost as bad as continuing to have a mancrush on a QB that plays for the Cowboys. Oh wait...

Based on what he's done so far in Dallas, I think it would be nearly impossible to make a valid case that we still should have gotten rid of him. But that's only if we base it on what he's done so far in Dallas, lol. If you look at his career stats, he's relatively consisten with regard to his rating. I find it hard to believe that he just magically became a significantly better QB overnight, but hey....if he did, then all the power to him. All I know is that the Pats got rid of him for a reason (or reasons). We did the same.

472373[/snapback]

The reason being our crappy offensive line. :pirate:

Exposed him?

Maybe the Pats exposed the Bills OL/ coaching/ play calling?

I think this is more a product of Bill Parcells being his own man.

We will see.

??

:pirate:  <_<

472743[/snapback]

Bingo in the fireside room.

Bad line, bad OC=bad offense

I could doctor your post up just a tad and be describing Peyton Manning.  <_<

In any event, yes, I agree that he was not going to win here. My hope is that we can at some point build a team that a quarterback like Trent Dilfer or Mark Rypien could win with.  :pirate:

472940[/snapback]

All we need to do is invent a new offensive system that is so clever it does not require blocking to succeed. It is the e-mc2 of professional football. That or we could draft some lineman. Nahhh.