Bills not a bad team, just a team playing badly

Mr. T

To all of you have given up on this team and are already convinced that this team is sorry, pathetic, pitiful, embarrassing, awful, stinks etc. etc. etc., I disagree.

This is still a very good team, they just haven't played as well as they are capable. Today's win is a WIN. I'll take it!! Did the Bills "almost" let it slip away? Indeed they "almost" did. Can they play better, absolutely!

Look at the Yankees this year, (and I'm not a Yankees fan). In the beginning of the season most everyone wrote them off. They were playing awful. But they pulled it together and started to play up to their abilities and they ended up winning their division again.

Look at our Bills just last year. 0 - 4 and left for dead. Finished 9 - 3 the rest of the way.

Remember when this season began it was said that we didn't need our QB to win the games, just play good enough to not lose them. I'm convinced with Holcomb we have that QB now.

Does our defense have to play much better? Yes, Yes, YES! Do they have the players to do that, Yes.

Is Mcgee a special player on special teams? Dughhhhhh.

Is Lindell making the big FGs this year? Who is that guy making 47 yd FG in the clutch anyway? Bills haven't had one of those in a long time.

Bottom line: Bills are 2 - 3. At home next week to play the Jets, a very winable game that would make us 3 - 3. And that is after playing some of the worst defensive football in the beginning of a season that they ever played. If the Bills can work through the areas that need attention this can still be a very exciting season for TRUE Bills fans.

All you doom and gloom naysayers may end up being right by the end of the season, but for now it is way too early to throw in the towel.

GO BILLS!!

Does our defense have to play much better? Yes, Yes, YES!  Do they have the players to do that, Yes.

Is Mcgee a special player on special teams?  Dughhhhhh.

Is Lindell making the big FGs this year?  Who is that guy making 47 yd FG in the clutch anyway?  Bills haven't had one of those in a long time.

Bottom line:  Bills are 2 - 3.  At home next week to play the Jets, a very winable game that would make us 3 - 3.  And that is after playing some of the worst defensive football in the beginning of a season that they ever played.  If the Bills can work through the areas that need attention this can still be a very exciting season for TRUE Bills fans.

All you doom and gloom naysayers may end up being right by the end of the season, but for now it is way too early to throw in the towel.

GO BILLS!!

471128[/snapback]

I was going to start to counter some of your points, but your post was just too positive. :lol: The win feels great.

I'm not the first to say it, but if we were to go 2-14, and the two were against Miami, I'd be satisfied... :D

Happy about the win, but offense still needs some work. The poor play of the oline makes it difficult to figure out if there are problems with the play calling. Holcomb seemed to have a good feel for the game. Special teams have been solid all year and the defense is capable of playing well. I think the defense misses P. Williams, we are giving up too many rushing yards.

If the Bills can work through the areas that need attention this can still be a very exciting season for TRUE Bills fans.

471128[/snapback]

Don't give us that TRUE Bills fan crap again.

You sound like those people that brand anyone who disagrees with the president to be not a TRUE American.

If our team sucks, we are entitled (by our emotional and monetary investment) to B word about it, and make our feelings known.

You mention that the Bills players are not playing as well as they are able. What does THAT say about the team?

You sound like those people that brand anyone who disagrees with the president to be not a TRUE American.

If our team sucks, we are entitled (by our emotional and monetary investment) to B word about it, and make our feelings known.

You mention that the Bills players are not playing as well as they are able. What does THAT say about the team?

471250[/snapback]

Dennis, the TRUE Bills thing is indeed a crock.

Still, don't you have SOME positive feelings after this game? I just wish we could enjoy one day relishing a sorely needed win, before jumping back into the critiques.

Of course it's your right to say what you want. To me, it just feels nice to get a win. I'll start worrying about our next opponent/future on Monday!

GO BILLS!

471250[/snapback]

the problem that some of us have, myself DEFINITELY included is when someone either 1) posts ONLY negative sh*t all the time (e.g DeeRay), 2) claim to be Bills fans but actually seem GLAD when something goes wrong with the team, or 3) can't at least take SOME ENJOYMENT from a Sunday where we beat the damn Dolphins.

I also think it's kinda silly to just give up all hope on the team after five games, but that's just me....

471250[/snapback]

And those players that aren't playing well usually say as much. Yet I don't see people bitching about the players saying they can play better. But if someone posts it, they're not a "TRUE" fan. :D

Also, to compare this team to a Yankee team that has won their division 8 straight years is comical. This Bills team hasn't won their division in what, 10 years? I think the Yankees get the benefit of the doubt when they get out of the gate slowly, whereas this Bills team has to prove to me that they are a good team. I'll take wins anyway I can get them, but I'm not going to be pleased when the team plays poorly and the other team hands us the game (unless said game is the Super Bowl).

If you're going to be unhappy when the Bills play bad and lose. Unhappy when they play well but lose. Unhappy when they play bad but win. And only happy when they play well and win, you're going to be a pretty miserable person, and miserable to be with. I think you have to choose one scenario where you'll be happy: either be happy when they play well and lose, because they played well, or be happy when they play bad but win. Pick one.

If you're going to be unhappy when the Bills play bad and lose. Unhappy when they play well but lose. Unhappy when they play bad but win. And only happy when they play well and win, you're going to be a pretty miserable person, and miserable to be with. I think you have to choose one scenario where you'll be happy: either be happy when they play well and lose, because  they played well, or be happy when they play bad but win. Pick one.

471272[/snapback]

Heh, that's funny. I had this exact thought tonight as I walked the dog. I came to the conclusion that I just want the Bills to play well, consistently. If they lose, that's fine. But if they play well consistently they'll win a hell of a lot more than they lose. What I can't stand (and it aggravates me to no end) is inconsistent play. I'd almost rather they totally sucked and it was easy to isolate the problems and fix them.

Heh, that's funny.  I had this exact thought tonight as I walked the dog.  I came to the conclusion that I just want the Bills to play well, consistently.  If they lose, that's fine.  But if they play well consistently they'll win a hell of a lot more than they lose.  What I can't stand (and it aggravates me to no end) is inconsistent play.  I'd almost rather they totally sucked and it was easy to isolate the problems and fix them.

471280[/snapback]

very few teams play consistently well. The league is full of world beaters one week who turn over and play dead the next...

7-1/8-0 at home; 4-4 on the road and you are a formidable team.

very few teams play consistently well.  The league is full of world beaters one week who turn over and play dead the next...

7-1/8-0 at home; 4-4 on the road and you are a formidable team.

471302[/snapback]

Well, by "consistently" I didn't mean week in and week out. I expect bad performances four or so times a year. Of course, that means that the Bills have already reached their quota.