WE WON

Earlier in the week when I asked you what you'd say if Holcomb leads the Bills to a victory your response was "They should've started Losman."

Change your tune?

470999[/snapback]

As I have said I am JP's biggest supporter but way to go Kelly! He did great and The "D" how bout the "D" they showed up and the S/T they showed up too! Go Buffalo!

firedawg Posted Today, 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Campy @ Oct 9 2005, 07:18 PM)

Earlier in the week when I asked you what you'd say if Holcomb leads the Bills to a victory your response was "They should've started Losman."

Change your tune?

As I have said I am JP's biggest supporter but way to go Kelly! He did great and The "D" how bout the "D" they showed up and the S/T they showed up too! Go Buffalo!

I also am a huge supporter for Losman, and I thought the switch to Holcomb was a questionable move. I must admit though that Holcomb played good, made very few mistakes, and helped us get a "W". Good for you and thanks Kelly.

Now, could our offense please score a TD in the 2nd half!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Which is what I saying on Friday. Stay positive and good things will happen. Folks, as bad as things have been, we are still not a bad football team. We are an average football team trying to get to above average.

I also am a huge supporter for Losman, and I thought the switch to Holcomb was a questionable move. I must admit though that Holcomb played good, made very few mistakes, and helped us get a "W". Good for you and thanks Kelly.

Now, could our offense please score a TD in the 2nd half!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

471119[/snapback]

ultimately, that was supposed to be losman's role...to be able to just NOT LOSE games...keep the tempo, and scare opposing defenses with his feet...now, holcomb can't do the latter, but his poise alone won this game for us..and his accuracy and ability to hit eric moulds in the numbers, not the helmet...it was a great game and i hope to see more of the same next weekend against the jets

ultimately, that was supposed to be losman's role...to be able to just NOT LOSE games...keep the tempo, and scare opposing defenses with his feet...now, holcomb can't do the latter, but his poise alone won this game for us..and his accuracy and ability to hit eric moulds in the numbers, not the helmet...it was a great game and i hope to see more of the same next weekend against the jets

471380[/snapback]

I think some of the so-called 'experts' here should eat some crow and admit how ridiculously wrong they were about the QB switch. Holcomb played very well today, you can pull out all the excuses about turnovers, etc, but just focusing on the QB play, we was very solid. Most of you were wrong, many of the same people that were wrong when R.Johnson was benched for Flutie.

And this notion that JP has to play now to develop is complete BS. There are many rookie QBs that sit the bench for 2-3 years before getting the starting QB job, and come in and play very well. JP is simply not ready to be a starting QB in this league, plain and simple. No need for this 'trial by fire' approach many of you think is the only option.

The attitude some of you have regarding 'throwing away the season' is absolutely pathetic. You claim we have no chance at playoffs so just throw in the towel and play JP? I don't know if you've ever played ball before, but I highly doubt it because an attitude like that would get you killed on most football teams. You're never out of it, and nothing is impossible until the math says so. That kind fo attitude is for losers.

I think some of the so-called 'experts' here should eat some crow and admit how ridiculously wrong they were about the QB switch.  Holcomb played very well today, you can pull out all the excuses about turnovers, etc, but just focusing on the QB play, we was very solid.  Most of you were wrong, many of the same people that were wrong when R.Johnson was benched for Flutie. 

And this notion that JP has to play now to develop is complete BS.  There are many rookie QBs that sit the bench for 2-3 years before getting the starting QB job, and come in and play very well.  JP is simply not ready to be a starting QB in this league, plain and simple.  No need for this 'trial by fire' approach many of you think is the only option.

The attitude some of you have regarding 'throwing away the season' is absolutely pathetic.  You claim we have no chance at playoffs so just throw in the towel and play JP?  I don't know if you've ever played ball before, but I highly doubt it because an attitude like that would get you killed on most football teams.  You're never out of it, and nothing is impossible until the math says so.  That kind fo attitude is for losers.

471387[/snapback]

Awesome post....damn right!

I think some of the so-called 'experts' here should eat some crow and admit how ridiculously wrong they were about the QB switch.  Holcomb played very well today, you can pull out all the excuses about turnovers, etc, but just focusing on the QB play, we was very solid.  Most of you were wrong, many of the same people that were wrong when R.Johnson was benched for Flutie. 

And this notion that JP has to play now to develop is complete BS.  There are many rookie QBs that sit the bench for 2-3 years before getting the starting QB job, and come in and play very well.  JP is simply not ready to be a starting QB in this league, plain and simple.  No need for this 'trial by fire' approach many of you think is the only option.

The attitude some of you have regarding 'throwing away the season' is absolutely pathetic.  You claim we have no chance at playoffs so just throw in the towel and play JP?  I don't know if you've ever played ball before, but I highly doubt it because an attitude like that would get you killed on most football teams.  You're never out of it, and nothing is impossible until the math says so.  That kind fo attitude is for losers.

471387[/snapback]

Well then maybe you should name those MANY qb's that are drafted in the first round after trading away picks to move up and make the selection that have spent 2-3 yrs and come in and played very well???? The problem with this switch is IMO they could have kept drew and opened the job up to the best man and we would be further along with drew...The fact remains you have to play to develop isn't bs..... otherwise the fortyniners would stick with rattay and further more they would have benched a. smith after the 3 pick in the first half today..because after all he could just sit and learn.......while I always love beating the fish and jets this team is going nowhere fast ...better hope they don't play another half like the second half today or jp will be back under center

by nov. 1 ...........Judging by the bills second half today not only is Holcomb but many other bills aren't ready to start and play in the NFL ...as a matter of fact vinny will have a very good day next week if they play like that ........the jets are much better than miami on the road just ask last years steelers ........

Well then maybe you should name those MANY qb's that are drafted in the first round after trading away picks to move up and make the selection that have spent 2-3 yrs and come in and played very well???? The problem with this switch is IMO they could have kept drew and opened the job up to the best man and we would be further along with drew...The fact remains you have to play to develop isn't bs..... otherwise the fortyniners would stick with rattay and further more they would have benched a. smith after the 3 pick in the first half today..because after all he could just sit and learn.......while I  always love beating the fish and jets this team is going nowhere fast ...better hope they don't play another half like the second half today or jp will be back under center

by nov. 1 ...........Judging by the bills second half today not only is Holcomb but many other bills aren't ready to start and play in the NFL ...as a matter of fact vinny will have a very good day next week if they play like that ........the jets are much better than miami on the road just ask last years steelers ........

471405[/snapback]

How about Chad Pennington? Marc Bulger. Tom Brady. Matt Hasselbeck.

There are lots of examples. These guys only got their jobs because they stepped in and showed they were ready to play after learning the job on the bench. JP is not ready and he can pick up the clipboard and go back to work until he is.

471387[/snapback]

Holcomb played pretty well and I was pretty happy with his performance and we got the win. He showed many signs of being a veteran quarterback. He also fumbled, threw one of the most stupid passes I have ever seen any quarterback throw that was a disaster in the making, didnt throw one pass more than 15 yards down the field, was mostly shut down after the first quarter and benefitted a ton by the Bills defense and ST and Miami mistakes. The best thing he did sometimes was throw 2 yard passes. He also looked a little slow to me. We knew he could do this but he's very likely not going to lead us to the playoffs this year playing like he did yesterday, I'm sorry.

How about Chad Pennington?  Marc Bulger.  Tom Brady.  Matt Hasselbeck.

There are lots of examples.  These guys only got their jobs because they stepped in and showed they were ready to play after learning the job on the bench.  JP is not ready and he can pick up the clipboard and go back to work until he is.

471411[/snapback]

I didn't relize these guys were drafted in the first round after trading away picks and all to get them????/Also noticed that they have much more help than any of our qb's have recieved lately namely better coaches and lineman ..........

a win is a win, nothing more, nothing less...

we went into the week at 1-3, came out at 2-3...thats ok in my book...

471590[/snapback]

I'm with you. It may not have been 60 minutes of domination, but I'll take 'em however we can get them.

I didn't relize these guys were drafted in the first round after trading away picks and all to get them????/Also noticed that they have much more help than any of our qb's have recieved lately namely better coaches and lineman ..........

471507[/snapback]

Who cares when they were drafted, you make no sense. Regardless of when a QB is drafted, they have to learn the game, and that doesn't have to be on the field. They can learn and get better as a backup, as all my examples show.

Better coaches and lineman? Give me a break. Watch Marc Bulger play and see how he's coached and see how often he's hurried/hit/sacked. He still makes plays.