As Tigger, he's a molestor

stevestojan

whoa. .. sorry! <_<

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/16/disney.m...t.ap/index.html

this guy was accused of "fondling" a girl and her mother while he was dressed as tigger, while they posed for a picture in DisneyWorld. Charges were dismissed, Disney let him back, as Goofy, and now he shoved to camera people. His defense? He was "just being goofy" (no, I'm not kidding - that is is defense).

whoa. .. sorry! <_<

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/09/16/disney.m...t.ap/index.html

this guy was accused of "fondling" a girl and her mother while he was dressed as tigger, while they posed for a picture in DisneyWorld. Charges were dismissed, Disney let him back, as Goofy, and now he shoved to camera people. His defense? He was "just being goofy" (no, I'm not kidding - that is is defense).

34087[/snapback]

Now that's a quality-looking individual.

People need to get a friggin grip. Complaining because Goofy pushed them? Give me a break. If you don't want interaction with other human beings stay in your friggin house and look at pictures of Disney from the SAFETY of your own home. I have a picture with Goofy from Disney and he has his arm around me. One of his fingers is kinda close to my groin. Do you think he was trying to fondle me? Or maybe the fact that his friggin hand has a 3 foot diameter has someting to do with it.

I was reading a thread yesterday where somebody said some people just need to be taken behind the woodshed. Anybody who claims to have been asaulted by a cartoon character is on the top of my list.

when i was a kid at disney, i remember i was posing with mickey mouse and i kept patting him on the head, he turned around and was ready to belt me. ya gotta remember that they are probably extremely hot in those costumes, the banging on the heads probably reverberates like crazy and dealing with people pulling them every which way. That has to be a hellacious job. now there is no excuse for molesting people, but charges were dropped.

HOLY CRUD!  I know its not cool making fun of others but cheeze and rice, did that guy get his head caught in a vice?  his head and face look squished!

34114[/snapback]

when i was a kid at disney, i remember i was posing with mickey mouse and i kept patting him on the head, he turned around and was ready to belt me.  ya gotta remember that they are probably extremely hot in those costumes, the banging on the heads probably reverberates like crazy and dealing with people pulling them every which way.  That has to be a hellacious job.  now there is no excuse for molesting people, but charges were dropped.

34117[/snapback]

My aunt, who now does freelance graphic design in rochester, started her career in Disney. Before moving to the graphic department there (you can imagine how hard it is to break into graphic design at a place like Disney) she drove the monorail to make ends meet. Anyway, she told me how the "behind the scenes stuff" at Disney is actually all under ground. When you are walking down the streets of magic kingdom, there is basically another entire city underground. Shops, changing rooms, restaurants, etc, for all the employees.

She said the strangest would be to go down there on a break and see the characters with the full costume on, except for the head. She said a good amount were midgets, and you would see them, in a donald duck (for example) suit, smoking a cigerette and bitching, not stop, about the kids. She said if any kid walked around down there, they would have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

I wish she had taken pictures back then...

that would be cool to see, that whole underground thing!

My aunt, who now does freelance graphic design in rochester, started her career in Disney. Before moving to the graphic department there (you can imagine how hard it is to break into graphic design at a place like Disney) she drove the monorail to make ends meet. Anyway, she told me how the "behind the scenes stuff" at Disney is actually all under ground. When you are walking down the streets of magic kingdom, there is basically another entire city underground. Shops, changing rooms, restaurants, etc, for all the employees.

She said the strangest would be to go down there on a break and see the characters with the full costume on, except for the head. She said a good amount were midgets, and you would see them, in a donald duck (for example) suit, smoking a cigerette and bitching, not stop, about the kids. She said if any kid walked around down there, they would have nightmares for the rest of their lives.

34137[/snapback]

34137[/snapback]

Quick... someone call Geraldo Rivera.

Did you you hear Mickey was jealous?

He heard Minnie was !@#$ing Goofy.....

Worked in Orlando for a year at the new Disney sports complex (Braves spring training, lots of other events). Supervised a team that coordinated the events at the complex. I was underground at Magic Kingdom a couple of times--it is a fascinating place--it also comes in handy during hurricanes.

This was seven years ago--but Disney does the customer experience so well...I know this kind of publicity is driving the parks PR and community affairs folks nuts.

One funny story--we had a beach volleyball court at the sports complex (since paved over to house a permanent NFL experience)--we hosted both a men's and women's professional event during the year I was there. I worked with 2 30 year plus Disney employees one as a peer who supervised all the guest services in the sports complex, one was our boss--the director of the park. During the first beach volleyball event, the guest services person came up to me and said he was going to make an announcement to ask the female spectators in bikinis to cover up because they were not dressed appropriately for a Disney Park-I said "This is what people dress in to watch beach volleyball." I had to approve the announcement since I was duty manager for the park that day. I wouldn't -- he went over my head to the other 30+ year Disney employee --who said "There's girls in bikinis out there. I'll be there in a minute." Some people adapt--some don't.

34137[/snapback]

I worked with a dude who went to work at Disney after HS for some internship or something. He told me about that whole underground deal also. He said it's a whole other world down there. He would walk into a room and it would freak him out because there would be like 50 Goofy heads hanging on the wall to go with all the costumes. He was short and had to dress up as that little gorilla with the arms that dragged on the ground, the name escapes me. He did get to be Donald Duck once he said, but the more popular characters were always taken by the veterans.

King Louie? and he is an hep cat orangataun(sp?) from the jungle book

I worked with a dude who went to work at Disney after HS for some internship or something.  He told me about that whole underground deal also.  He said it's a whole other world down there.  He would walk into a room and it would freak him out because there would be like 50 Goofy heads hanging on the wall to go with all the costumes.  He was short and had to dress up as that little gorilla with the arms that dragged on the ground, the name escapes me.  He did get to be Donald Duck once he said, but the more popular characters were always taken by the veterans.

34209[/snapback]

Bravo had a show about WDW that showed part of the underground but, for security reasons (I think) only had a few areas highlighted.

I dated a guy that played Goofy a long, long time ago. He told me that character had a height requirement (6'3" +) and it was hotter than hades in that costume. (Anyone that's lived here or been here in the dead of the summer knows).

Not sure if he's innocent or guilty, but he certainly is not getting Disney the kind of publicity that it would prefer.