100 Toughest Players on NFLN now

sfladave

Chuck Bednarik, Jack Lambert too.

34007[/snapback]

OK on Bednarik as a possibility. I lived in PGH then and watched Lambert play his entire career - cheap-shot artist who coudn't cover a pass to save his soul and played behind the Iron Curtain and was flanked by Andy Russell and Jack Ham. I remember a play against Cincy - FB Pete Johnson (a large fellow) met Lambert in the open field. Lambert squared himself and spread his arms for the tackle and Jonshon hit him square, Lambert flew in the air for 5 or so yards and Johnson rumbled 30 or so yards into the EZ.

It was comical. :huh:

OK on Bednarik as a possibility. I lived in PGH then and watched Lambert play his entire career - cheap-shot artist who coudn't cover a pass to save his soul and played behind the Iron Curtain and was flanked by Andy Russell and Jack Ham. I remember a play against Cincy - FB Pete Johnson (a large fellow) met Lambert in the open field. Lambert squared himself and spread his arms for the tackle and Jonshon hit him square, Lambert flew in the air for 5 or so yards and Johnson rumbled 30 or so yards into the EZ.

34020[/snapback]

OK... Mean Joe Greene, that guy was a bastard!

34020[/snapback]

Say what you want about Lambert, but his ragdolling of that idiot Cliff Harris in the Super Bowl was an all time NFL moment on how to stick up for a teammate.