rich gannon on critics of the qb switch

from today's buffalo news:

And what does he think of those people who suggest Losman should play because the Bills aren't good enough anyway?

"I think it is utterly ridiculous," said Gannon, who thinks the offensive woes have hurt the defense. "They still have one of the top five defenses in football.

"They have one of the best secondarys in football. That's what scares teams. If they can get any kind of stability at quarterback, I think this is a playoff-caliber team."

from today's buffalo news:

And what does he think of those people who suggest Losman should play because the Bills aren't good enough anyway?

"I think it is utterly ridiculous," said Gannon, who thinks the offensive woes have hurt the defense. "They still have one of the top five defenses in football.

"They have one of the best secondarys in football. That's what scares teams. If they can get any kind of stability at quarterback, I think this is a playoff-caliber team."

469999[/snapback]

So much for Gannon's credibility. Has he seen a game yet this season.

So much for Gannon's credibility.  Has he seen a game yet this season.

470007[/snapback]

Actually Gannon was the color commentator for the Saints game which means he prepared by watching fim from every game of ours this season.

But our defense couldn't stop stojan's grandmother...what team is he watching?  :flirt:

470009[/snapback]

:blush:

I still think our defense has been fine this year. They've worn down in the 4th qtr, but that's what happens when you're on the field all day. We havn't allowed very many points yet, and that's a very important stat.

I don't think anyone can pin any of our losses on the defense this year (although that won't stop people from trying).

CW

:flirt:

I still think our defense has been fine this year.  They've worn down in the 4th qtr, but that's what happens when you're on the field all day.

470022[/snapback]

A defense can stay on the field all day if they have DT depth, a luxury of which we are bereft.

Indy- there's a team with DT depth. Even when their offense isn't clicking they can rotate bodies into their line packages to keep guys fresh. We on the other hand entered the season with razor thin depth at DT and that's even been reduced. We are forced to rely on our offense to try and hold the ball for 20-25 first downs just to keep our starting DTs from collapsing from their workload.

A defense can stay on the field all day if they have DT depth, a luxury of which we are bereft.

Indy- there's a team with DT depth. Even when their offense isn't clicking they can rotate bodies into their line packages to keep guys fresh. We on the other hand entered the season with razor thin depth at DT and that's even been reduced. We are forced to rely on our offense to try and hold the ball for 20-25 first downs just to keep our starting DTs from collapsing from their workload.

470028[/snapback]

WOW--strange days---talking about INDY and defense in the same sentence.-This really is a what have you done for me lately league..LOL

0:)

I still think our defense has been fine this year.  They've worn down in the 4th qtr, but that's what happens when you're on the field all day.  We havn't allowed very many points yet, and that's a very important stat.

I don't think anyone can pin any of our losses on the defense this year (although that won't stop people from trying).

CW

470022[/snapback]

I also think that our defense is okay. The injuries (esp. Crowell, Fletcher, Spikes) and heat in TB caused big one-game problems, but I don't think it's valid to extrapolate that into a horrid season.

WOW--strange days---talking about INDY and defense in the same sentence.-This really is a what have you done for me lately league..LOL

470042[/snapback]

That's the point though- add quality DT depth to any defense and watch the overall quality of the D rise faster than adding depth at any other position.

Watch quality DT depth walk away and watch your defense decline.

Actually Gannon was the color commentator for the Saints game which means he prepared by watching fim from every game of ours this season.

470019[/snapback]

he's called at least two of our games...he did the ATL game too.

i think he is very astute, and i respect his opinion more than most, since he was out there playing QB in the NFL practically yesterday.

"befeft" -- I like that word.

Takes me back to the SATs

0:)

470028[/snapback]

he's called at least two of our games...he did the ATL game too.

i think he is very astute, and i respect his opinion more than most, since he was out there playing QB in the NFL practically yesterday.

470074[/snapback]

He didn't do Atlanta...that was Fox. Tampa was the other game he did. I thought he did pretty well for a rook myself.

470019[/snapback]

I know. Did he actually watch it? He stated during that game that we were a playoff team. Who knows, maybe the announcing crews should have random drug checks.