possilbe 0-2 heading into NE?

stevestojan

I really dont think the SB is even in the realm of possibilities this year. Too many unanswered questions, too much unknown about the OLine and their ability to gel. A kicker who blows. Yes, we have lots of talent, and our defense is great, but i just dont see us doing better than 8-8 (and if we start 0-3, that might be pushing it). Once Evans has more experience, and we can draft an olinemen or two, and Losman is really ready, (and by then i hope all the contracts on defense arnt done), i think we will be ready to contend in the playoffs. I say 2006 season should be a Buffalo Bills season.

As for now, I will just look forward to week-by-week. I've given into the fact that we just are not a SB team this year. But, that doesnt mean that each week I wont get excited on Saturday night, and get to my Bills Bar for breakfast and a beer on Sunday.

I am just glad football is here, and i get to see it every week. I cannot wait to get home for the Cards game, one the Bills should have no problem with.

Maybe this is just me not wanting to get my hopes up, but I dont really have a problem with 8-8 and "maybe next year". Because if i did, I woulda stopped loving the Bills long ago!

Go Bills.

As for now, I will just look forward to week-by-week. I've given into the fact that we just are not a SB team this year.

33738[/snapback]

Would you still say that if we won the next 3 games?

I wouldn't.

I hear what you're saying, but anything can happen.

Would you still say that if we won the next 3 games?

I wouldn't.

I hear what you're saying, but anything can happen.

33746[/snapback]

3-1? All that would do is get my hopes up again, like after week 2 last year.

But then again, winning the next 3 would mean beating Oak in Oak. Then taking on the world champs. Then at the much improved Jets. Ok, that could happen. Likely? No. Possilbe? Why not.

Problem is, we have a TOUGH schedule in the second half of November: at NE, the Rams, at Seattle.

Anything is possible, but i just feel that when all is said and done, we are gonna look back to week one, and that catch that should have been defended, and say "what if". Wild cards are decided by one game. And when we had that one wrapped up and coulnd finish, well, I saw any hopes of SB go with it.

ya know that's the same feeling I've got right now. It's more like watching a team build themselves up to figure out what works and what doesn't.

The good thing is we can't get too much more disappointed than last weeks fiasco. So let build on what we learned and go from there.

This is why I like Mike, too. He seems to be talking about making transitions to next week and learning from what didn't work. This O is going to take some time. I don't expect any miracles.

That being said the Raiders are trying to transition in some new Wideouts and Tyrone Wheatley is thier RB. So I can't see this game being an all out blowout by either side.

I'm just happy to be able to watch competitive football.

A true Bills fan expects his or her team to win every Sunday no matter the odds.

33767[/snapback]

Oh. I didn't know that.

Guess I'm not a true Bills fan. My dad will be pretty upset, i think.

hmmm... time to find a new team. . . .

Moron. Ok, now to really responde. I use my heart to HOPE they win every game, but since im not 11 years old I can predict when they won't win. So you mean to tell me you expected the Todd Collins 3-13 team to win every Sunday? Well, you sir, must be a bigger fan that I am

What a fugging joke of a post.

Possible 0-2??? I'd change that to highly probable.

Raiduhs put up 3 tds on Pitt, in Pitt. Jags... which have one of the poorest offenses in the league marched down the field on the Bills defense, on the road and in crunch time. So, perhaps the Bills "D" ain't what it's cracked up to be.

The combination of a bad QB which "hancuffs" the offense plus, what appears to be a suspect defense, is gonna do in the Bills in this week... and likely the two following games.

Oh and two?

Me thinks we're looking more like Oh and four. And if that happens (losing 2 conference games plus two divisional games?). Game Over... piss on the fire and call in the dogs, the hunt is over

Way to go Steve show your true colors as a Bills Fan.

A true Bills fan expects his or her team to win every Sunday no matter the odds.

A team can win on any given Sunday.

Remember that.

33767[/snapback]

Come on you're bashing a guy for giving everyone his gut feeling and expectations?

Agree or not, a true Bills fan will not tell someone else how to think, instead they will give a good arguement about why they think that someone is wrong. By the way, "Any Given Sunday" is not an arguement.

Remember that. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Possible 0-2???  I'd change that to highly probable.

Raiduhs put up 3 tds on Pitt, in Pitt.  Jags... which have one of the poorest offenses in the league marched down the field on the Bills defense, on the road and in crunch time.  So, perhaps the Bills "D" ain't what it's cracked up to be. 

The combination of a bad QB which "hancuffs" the offense plus, what appears to be a suspect defense, is gonna do in the Bills in this week... and likely the two following games.

Oh and two?

Me thinks we're looking more like Oh and four.  And if that happens (losing 2 conference games plus two divisional games?).  Game Over... piss on the fire and call in the dogs, the hunt is over

33778[/snapback]

What out... you just said you think the Bills will probably lose Sunday. You used your knowledge as a football fan to decipher facts and came up with a reasonable conclusion. However, since that conclusion wasn't the Bills winning, according to Kota, you can't be a true fan! Man, us fans are dropping like flies.

What team should we be fans of then? I think Cleveland is a good choice. Man, I wish i was still a Bills fan.

Go back as recent as 1998.

0-3 to start the season, what a sad state of affairs,

but after Week 16 we were one of the best teams in the league.

If not for the bad start, we might have had home field advantage.

Right now, we're only 0-1.

I was pissed after the Jax game, but that's old news now.

Anything can happen... see how it plays out.

I see what your saying but, if we miss the playoffs again this season thats 5 seasons in a row.

Your not dissapointed by that? I sure will be.

33779[/snapback]

I'll absolutly be dissapointed, but as happy as I was with our overall play against Jacksonville, I have this gut feeling that is going to haunt us. In the AFC especially, WildCard spots are TIGHT... lets say for example we have

New England, Baltimore, Tennesee, KC. That leaves 2 WildCard spots for:

The Jets

The Bills

Pittsburgh

Cinnci (realistic contenders this year)

Indy

Houston

Jacksonville

Oakland

Denver

The only teams I wouldnt consider a possibility would be Cleveland, Maimi, and San Diego.

Thats where the last catch against Jacksonville will haunt us all season. You cannot give away those kinds of games.

I'm not sure how good the Raiders are, but if we lose this one, forget the Pats game. We'll be 0-3 heading to NYC & the Jets. I heard on WGR the Raiders game being a must-win @ game 2. I initially thought what a joke, but if you think about, it probably is. Especially if we have any hopes of making the playoffs. I'm thinking 6-8 wins best this year. You can base that on really not much of a talent improvement from this year compared to last. Swapped CB & LG & coaches & maybe a healthy Willis. Coaching didn't look great last Sunday

Steve - I think you're wise to not let the NFL upset. It's a game. If the Bills do well, great. If they don't, so what. Life goes on whether they win them all or lose them all. Just enjoy the game. It could be always be worse, you could live in Miami and be a Dolphins fan.

Remember that.

33767[/snapback]

Give me a break! Here's this True Fan crap again. Your telling me you expect the Bills to win every Sunday!!! Well then you must walk around depressed an awful lot. Like Steve, I hope the Bills win each and every Sunday, but I sure don't expect them too. Of course I was unhappy after we had the game locked up and then Murphy's Law kicked in, but there was a lot of good that came out of that game, enough to give us hope. But get real, enough good to expect to win every Sunday? Not even close.

Each one of us that reads this board is a True Fan whether we praise them for everything or B word about everything. A True Fan cares enough about their team to talk about it with complete strangers day after day.

Hey DeeRay why do you even bother posting then if the season is over.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

What out... you just said you think the Bills will probably lose Sunday. You used your knowledge as a football fan to decipher facts and came up with a reasonable conclusion. However, since that conclusion wasn't the Bills winning, according to Kota, you can't be a true fan! Man, us fans are dropping like flies.

What team should we be fans of then? I think Cleveland is a good choice. Man, I wish i was still a Bills fan.

I know, I know... I shouldn't have mentioned those things about "Oh and four"... but, good buddies, I'm only the messenger... please, don't shoot me because the news is bad. If you do that, then you've just eliminated the potential for me to deliver good news to you at some point in time down the road.

Oh. I didn't know that.

Guess I'm not a true Bills fan. My dad will be pretty upset, i think.

hmmm... time to find a new team. . . .

Moron. Ok, now to really responde. I use my heart to HOPE they win every game, but since im not 11 years old I can predict when they won't win. So you mean to tell me you expected the Todd Collins 3-13 team to win every Sunday? Well, you sir, must be a bigger fan that I am

What a fugging joke of a post.

33773[/snapback]

Go get 'em Steve!!!

Remember that.

33767[/snapback]

Not very realistic at all. Take off the blinders, man!