THE TRUTH.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if there were a couple posts breaking down Miami's strengths and weaknesses.  You know, discussions about BILLS FOOTBALL instead of whiny "fans" blaming everyone for the 1-3 start including the dude that sweeps up after the games.

468264[/snapback]

We have Lori for that.

The rest of the board is chum for us sharks.

The reason there is so much complaining, whining, and wah-wah-wah-wah on this damned bulletin board is because so many of you drank--no, GUZZLED-- the "we-were-on-a-roll-with-Bledsoe-and-JP-is-the-second-coming-and-is-going-to-continue-and-our-defense-rocks-and-we-are-going-to-the-playoffs-baby!" kool-aid during the pre-season.

If Losman came out like a house on fire and won a couple games, there would be none of this "Mularkey is trying to save his job!" and "Let's tar and feather Donahoe!" BS.  And lets be honest--if Losman had phenomenal stats all season and the D and special teams couldn't do enough to keep us in games, those same fans would be bitching that Losman and the Bills weren't putting Ws on the board.  They'd be calling for Donahoe's and Mularkey's heads anyway.

Ask yourself this:  what would you prefer--a wonderful first year for Losman with a 4-12 record, or nine wins and a shot at the post season? 

You can't have both, because most first-year quarterbacks are terrible.  So make your pick.

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year.  I am not convinced that Holcomb can deliver.  But the Bills (apparently) have decided to try something different, so I am going to yell my head off at our Backers bar in the hope that they put up some points.

Bottom line: be a g-ddamned fan and SUPPORT THIS TEAM.  Stop second-guessing what color tie Donahoe wears, and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. 

And save the "Dude!  I spend A LOT OF MONEY supporting this team and what do they do for me?!" comments.  It's entertainment, people.  If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, stop going.  If you can't go to The Ralph and enjoy yourself for three hours, stop going. 

Am I being Pollyannish?  Nah.  Have I had too much of the "let's go Bills!" kool-aid?  Maybe--but I have been drinking it since 1965--I was in kindergarten, and Jack Kemp was throwing the rock.  Old habits are hard to break.

GO BILLS!!

468213[/snapback]

holcomb abig !@#$ing 13 starts 4-9 as a starter if he was so f ing good he would be starting for some other team and would not have been picked up by the bills because he would be winning games for some other team . we gave up picks to get JP, let the kid play . shows MM and td have !@#$ing NO plan

The reason there is so much complaining, whining, and wah-wah-wah-wah on this damned bulletin board is because so many of you drank--no, GUZZLED-- the "we-were-on-a-roll-with-Bledsoe-and-JP-is-the-second-coming-and-is-going-to-continue-and-our-defense-rocks-and-we-are-going-to-the-playoffs-baby!" kool-aid during the pre-season.

If Losman came out like a house on fire and won a couple games, there would be none of this "Mularkey is trying to save his job!" and "Let's tar and feather Donahoe!" BS.  And lets be honest--if Losman had phenomenal stats all season and the D and special teams couldn't do enough to keep us in games, those same fans would be bitching that Losman and the Bills weren't putting Ws on the board.  They'd be calling for Donahoe's and Mularkey's heads anyway.

Ask yourself this:  what would you prefer--a wonderful first year for Losman with a 4-12 record, or nine wins and a shot at the post season? 

You can't have both, because most first-year quarterbacks are terrible.  So make your pick.

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year.  I am not convinced that Holcomb can deliver.  But the Bills (apparently) have decided to try something different, so I am going to yell my head off at our Backers bar in the hope that they put up some points.

Bottom line: be a g-ddamned fan and SUPPORT THIS TEAM.  Stop second-guessing what color tie Donahoe wears, and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. 

And save the "Dude!  I spend A LOT OF MONEY supporting this team and what do they do for me?!" comments.  It's entertainment, people.  If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, stop going.  If you can't go to The Ralph and enjoy yourself for three hours, stop going. 

Am I being Pollyannish?  Nah.  Have I had too much of the "let's go Bills!" kool-aid?  Maybe--but I have been drinking it since 1965--I was in kindergarten, and Jack Kemp was throwing the rock.  Old habits are hard to break.

GO BILLS!!

468213[/snapback]

The Truth........Holcomb cant handle the rodeo burger!

GO BILLS!!

468213[/snapback]

Well man, I think all Bills fans support their Bills. Your post is wise, but, you like what is happening with this miss-managed team? Comes down to the GM and HC man. This team IS NOT READY TO PLAY on gameday! Not at all. By the time the SECOND QUARTER rolls around, MM looks like somebody hit his dog. There are never any changes during the game, I could tell you all three plays the Bills are going to run every series before they happen, Trick plays suck, and dont let me get started with MR TD, the welcome mat is worn away with him. Now we have players running their mouths about anything and everything. ITS GOT TO STOP!

There is no control with this team....

JP needs to play, even with this O line the way it is. Let this kid learn the hard way!

Mutual. I bought made-in-America Kodak products all my life until you pointed out what a sap I was to do so. :doh:

468424[/snapback]

Except now Kodak actually has some of the best made digital cameras (in the low & mid-range prices) in the market.

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year.

I would also prefer that but one problem is that next year so much of the rest of the cast around Losman will need to be redone so an improved Losman will not have as much good as an improved Eli this year.

The nightmare scenario for Mularkey is if this KH move doesn't work.  Then he looks like he abandoned a strategy, tried another, and ended up at the starting point.

But I will guarantee this:  let's just say the Bills are able to string together 3 or 4 wins--all this will be forgotten, and all these so-called "fans" will be lauding MM for his insightful coaching.  And instead of damning Losman to Hell, they'll be saying " you know, maybe he does need a little more time to develop."

Take it to the bank.

468235[/snapback]

If KH helps us win these games a new controversy at OBD will arise, bank on that. Most people on this board just want something to B word about. I agree with original post; that I will root for whomever is wearing the Bills uniforms each week, I just dont think this is a smart move for development of a young QB, but than what the hell do I know about developing a young QB?