THE TRUTH.

The reason there is so much complaining, whining, and wah-wah-wah-wah on this damned bulletin board is because so many of you drank--no, GUZZLED-- the "we-were-on-a-roll-with-Bledsoe-and-JP-is-the-second-coming-and-is-going-to-continue-and-our-defense-rocks-and-we-are-going-to-the-playoffs-baby!" kool-aid during the pre-season.

If Losman came out like a house on fire and won a couple games, there would be none of this "Mularkey is trying to save his job!" and "Let's tar and feather Donahoe!" BS.  And lets be honest--if Losman had phenomenal stats all season and the D and special teams couldn't do enough to keep us in games, those same fans would be bitching that Losman and the Bills weren't putting Ws on the board.  They'd be calling for Donahoe's and Mularkey's heads anyway.

Ask yourself this:  what would you prefer--a wonderful first year for Losman with a 4-12 record, or nine wins and a shot at the post season? 

You can't have both, because most first-year quarterbacks are terrible.  So make your pick.

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year.  I am not convinced that Holcomb can deliver.  But the Bills (apparently) have decided to try something different, so I am going to yell my head off at our Backers bar in the hope that they put up some points.

Bottom line: be a g-ddamned fan and SUPPORT THIS TEAM.  Stop second-guessing what color tie Donahoe wears, and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. 

And save the "Dude!  I spend A LOT OF MONEY supporting this team and what do they do for me?!" comments.  It's entertainment, people.  If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, stop going.  If you can't go to The Ralph and enjoy yourself for three hours, stop going. 

Am I being Pollyannish?  Nah.  Have I had too much of the "let's go Bills!" kool-aid?  Maybe--but I have been drinking it since 1965--I was in kindergarten, and Jack Kemp was throwing the rock.  Old habits are hard to break.

GO BILLS!!

468213[/snapback]

Are you high? You think Holcomb gives this team any more chance than Losman? We like to see them win. If we are going to lose Id rather see it with Losman. Holcomb gives us zero chance over Losman. Anyone who thinks this is a good move either has another agenda or they are complete idiots. I am unhappy because we will not get better until JP gets better. The Holcomb switch is eyewash and Malarkey having no dam balls. Stand up for yourself Malarkey, tell the boss it’s your decision to stick with JP and if he wants Holcomb then tell him to fire you.

Wonderful year = game experience, some highlight reel passes (ok, a few), good momentum into 2006, good rhythm with O-line, such that it is; respect from league opponents because of flashes of potential; demonstration of team leadership, etc.

He can have a great year irrespective of number of TDs, INTs (which will be a larger number, to be sure) and won/loss. If you think long-term, that's what you want for a first-year QB.

All that said, the move to Holcombe might give JP's supporting cast a little more confidence. When he does come back in, he'll be playing with an offensive unit with a whole different attitude.

I'm getting real sick and tired of hearing that I don't support the team because I disagree with a roster move. I would rather be passionate and have an opinion on the best course of action the Bills should take, rather than shake my pompoms and yell "Hooray" for every single move they make.

If anyone out there plans on posting a new topic about why I am a bad fan and Kelly Holcomb should be my new favorite player, save your time. On Sunday I want the team to win at all costs, no matter what. But I don't have to blindly follow the company line and support every move they make. That's what being a good fan is: You care what happens to your team.

I'm getting real sick and tired of hearing that I don't support the team because I disagree with a roster move.  I would rather be passionate and have an opinion on the best course of action the Bills should take, rather than shake my pompoms and yell "Hooray" for every single move they make.

If anyone out there plans on posting a new topic about why I am a bad fan and Kelly Holcomb should be my new favorite player, save your time.  On Sunday I want the team to win at all costs, no matter what.  But I don't have to blindly follow the company line and support every move they make.  That's what being a good fan is: You care what happens to your team.

468806[/snapback]

Well said.

I'm getting real sick and tired of hearing that I don't support the team because I disagree with a roster move.  I would rather be passionate and have an opinion on the best course of action the Bills should take, rather than shake my pompoms and yell "Hooray" for every single move they make.

If anyone out there plans on posting a new topic about why I am a bad fan and Kelly Holcomb should be my new favorite player, save your time.  On Sunday I want the team to win at all costs, no matter what.  But I don't have to blindly follow the company line and support every move they make.  That's what being a good fan is: You care what happens to your team.

468806[/snapback]

good stuff, i agree completely, i do NOT support the switch to Holcomb at all, i think its foolish, and will only hurt JP in the long run...Holcomb will NOT take us to the playoffs, and this is onyl detrimental to JP's development...

Wonderful year = game experience, some highlight reel passes (ok, a few), good momentum into 2006, good rhythm with O-line, such that it is; respect from league opponents because of flashes of potential; demonstration of team leadership, etc.

He can have a great year irrespective of number of TDs, INTs (which will be a larger number, to be sure) and won/loss.  If you think long-term, that's what you want for a first-year QB.

All that said, the move to Holcombe might give JP's supporting cast a little more confidence.  When he does come back in, he'll be playing with an offensive unit with a whole different attitude.

468798[/snapback]

If our so called "team leaders" need a QB switch to motivate them, then thats some sh------- leadership right there. The leaders should elevate their play (cough moulds cough) and the team around them to make up for a player who isnt playing well, and not whine about it...

If our so called "team leaders" need a QB switch to motivate them, then thats some sh------- leadership right there. The leaders should elevate their play (cough moulds cough) and the team around them to make up for a player who isnt playing well, and not whine about it...

469014[/snapback]

Would you like him to throw the ball to himslef? He has been open. Unfortunately he has been overthrown, underthrown, or not thrown to. Not much more he can do as a WR.

468806[/snapback]

Give 'em hell Marv. You nailed it.